Black exhaust tips

GT450

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT mustang manual
Hi, has anyone here just changed their FN exhaust tips only for a black set, I would be interested to know what is considered best and the rough cost. Getting to old to mess around with full or cat backs as I am more than happy with the active system , just want to keep the black theme with some decent rolled tips and want to know where to get them in Melbourne. Any advice would be welcomed.
Cheers Steve
Sponsored

Blue_Stang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Blue
Vehicle(s)
2017 Electric Blue GT
Het Steve. The tips are only held on by one allen bolt. You don't even need to climb under the car really; just sit at the rear, unscrew the bolt and pull each tip off. From there you just need to clean em' up and get a can of High Temp spray paint.
New tips can run you $100 plus, so this would save you a bunch by painting them yourself.
Hope that helps and good luck!

OP
OP

GT450

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT mustang manual
Het Steve. The tips are only held on by one allen bolt. You don't even need to climb under the car really; just sit at the rear, unscrew the bolt and pull each tip off. From there you just need to clean em' up and get a can of High Temp spray paint.
New tips can run you $100 plus, so this would save you a bunch by painting them yourself.
Hope that helps and good luck!
Thanks Blue Stang i will get under and have a good look and if it's that simple to remove the 4 tips and replace i will have a go. I had envisaged a shop cutting and welding in new tips.

Blue_Stang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Blue
Vehicle(s)
2017 Electric Blue GT
if it's that simple to remove the 4 tips and replace i will have a go
I just did a catback on mine last weekend. The tips are truly that simple. Enjoy!

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Stock tips are welded on, you have to remove the exhaust from the car to paint them properly

Sponsored

Blue_Stang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Blue
Vehicle(s)
2017 Electric Blue GT
I spoke too quickly.....I just looked at a 2019 set up and it's much different than my 17. Of course you have the active exhaust, but yeah your right.....they aren't bolt-ons.
Sorry for giving you false hope my friend!

OP
OP

GT450

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT mustang manual
Stock tips are welded on, you have to remove the exhaust from the car to paint them properly
That was my thinking too so i just need to find the tips i like and visit my local exhaust fitter. Finding pics of the best quality correct fitting tips is what i need so any suggestions from those that have done this welcomed.

sabtaj1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 Mustang GT, 1965 Fairlane 500 wagon
Last edited: