OP
OP
Boss

Boss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 PP Mustang GT
In Canadian dollar....1950.00 is a steal in American its 2600.00 for me....still a great deal,wish I had the cash
Sponsored

Yeah Nah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic GT Fastback
I made an email request for info on shock/strut combo from Bilstein and was told they would have something for the S550 by this November,anybody else excited by this.
Yeah mate, I am, my pants are firming up thinking about it.

I have preordered a set of PSS10 coilovers and should be shipped to me (Australia) in October 2016.

Route_66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT Conv. PP
Last edited:

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
That's ridiculously expensive for non-coilover dampers. Diminishing returns as far as I'm concerned.

Doctor Fishtail

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
That's ridiculously expensive for non-coilover dampers. Diminishing returns as far as I'm concerned.
Bilsteins are golden in my world. Konis are great but Bisteins are better. I got word last week that QA1 is making dampers. I will have to verify this.

Sponsored

Route_66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT Conv. PP
Ridiculously expensive?
It's a complete suspension kit (with coil springs and shock absorbers).
See here: http://web1.carparts-cat.com/defaul...3120B64ED775431F94BBD0D8FB8C2D10018004&12=130
If they are exported overseas the German VAT (19%) wouldn't apply to you.
Bilstein here in Germany is a well known and long established company famous for producing superb suspensions, even many Porsches are modified aftermarket with Bilstein suspension kits and coilovers.
However, my decision was on a KW V3 in April 2016 because there was no Bilstein at that time.

Last edited:

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Magnetic Premium PP 50AP
I would have bought Bilsteins as a first choice but their delivery is on the permanent slide. When I called earlier in the year it was going to be in August after being told before that it would be late spring. So I went with the Konis. I love the Konis but if they were both available, I still would have taken the Bilsteins.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Ridiculously expensive?
It's a complete suspension kit (with coil springs and shock absorbers).
See here: http://web1.carparts-cat.com/defaul...3120B64ED775431F94BBD0D8FB8C2D10018004&12=130
If they are exported overseas the German VAT (19%) wouldn't apply to you.
Bilstein here in Germany is a well known and long established company famous for producing superb suspensions, even many Porsches are modified aftermarket with Bilstein suspension kits and coilovers.
However, my decision was on a KW V3 in April 2016 because there was no Bilstein at that time.
Thanks. Didn't realize they were all that. Not bad at all then.

TrackpackGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang GT PP
After reading what I thought I already knew about Konis, I may just go with Ford Racing shocks or Steedas with some Swifts. I had Konis on a Dodge Neon ACR and they were hard as you know what. Then again, so were the springs.

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
After reading what I thought I already knew about Konis, I may just go with Ford Racing shocks or Steedas with some Swifts. I had Konis on a Dodge Neon ACR and they were hard as you know what. Then again, so were the springs.
What did you hear bad about Konis? I haven't seen anyone say bad about them yet. I didn't mean to say they were bad, I just think Bilstein monotubes are great. I also would have gone with Steeda dampers if they were available when I made my purchase over the Konis but they hadn't announced yet. There were many people trading up from the FRPP to the Konis when they came out.

Sponsored

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
That they are stiff as heck.
Huh? They are adjustable. They go from fairly soft, from what I hear, maybe just softer than the FRPP all the way to very stiff if adjusted that way. Sounds like you just heard from someone that didn't have theirs adjusted correctly.

B4RK3R

CRWDCTRL
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ruby Red GT Premium
I went through the website,I hope it's before 2017. I got an answer back within an hour of making the request for info. Swift springs and Bilstein suspension products......winning
I had Swift Spec-R springs and Bilstein B8's on my Mazdaspeed 3 and they were fantastic. I wouldn't hesitate for a second to put them on my Mustang. I'll be looking forward to see if you do a review.

Niz55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Are these rebound and compression adjustable?

If i did not have my kW v3 I would of bought these. But I am very happy with my kW.
Sponsored