Big Paint Issue on New CFTP

OP
OP

kstand

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 CFTP
Not a good image, but if you have to repaint, you are looking at the whole quarter panel. Side window removed, tail light removed, etc. You want to make sure they do this right. There should be a wet sand before clear coat to avoid any texture.

I was asking for a better photo to make sure it isn't a shadow or anything else. Its odd.
In the photo, and definitely in person, the border is irregular and wavy and has what looks like black marks in some areas that do not come off with light rubbing or washing.
Sponsored

Unclepetey

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
GT500
I took a close look at my car when I picked it up and scared myself It was so bad.

After submitting a follow up survey with Ford I was contacted by a manager who failed to take ownership of the paint issues and said “nothing was done to the car“. That’s precisely the problem, they have many opportunities to fix these issues but no one cares.

These are my painted stripes below with major overspray, looks like they use a template. My spoiler was also touched up with paint, I could have done a better job in an Auto Zone parking lot.

5B1A2A06-2C90-4C49-9E75-DD3E82F520DE.jpeg

CDC854CC-CC3F-49F0-B4DF-847C2F1840BA.jpeg

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
@kstand: Damn sorry about the paint issue and like Tom said, it's difficult to get a good feeling for the problem from the photos, no offense...just tough to photograph something like this.

Tom is also spot on with the recommendations and were I in that box, I would see if Ford or the store would agree to you having the car painted at your choice of body shops and they contribute what they would have paid the store to do it and you pick up any additional cost from the body shop. Probably not doable but it's something I would inquire about.

Oxford White is a definite plus but you still want the best painter you can get.

I hope it works out well, dude.

KB

OP
OP

kstand

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 CFTP
@kstand: Damn sorry about the paint issue and like Tom said, it's difficult to get a good feeling for the problem from the photos, no offense...just tough to photograph something like this.

Tom is also spot on with the recommendations and were I in that box, I would see if Ford or the store would agree to you having the car painted at your choice of body shops and they contribute what they would have paid the store to do it and you pick up any additional cost from the body shop. Probably not doable but it's something I would inquire about.

Oxford White is a definite plus but you still want the best painter you can get.

I hope it works out well, dude.

KB
I like this idea! I had a poor experience with the same family of dealerships so I am doubtful of resolution. Am I limited to this dealership in seeking repair or does “Ford” itself hold responsibility to me?

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
I like this idea! I had a poor experience with the same family of dealerships so I am doubtful of resolution. Am I limited to this dealership in seeking repair or does “Ford” itself hold responsibility to me?
It was explained by my salesman that you can use whatever shop you want. I dont know this for certain, so take it for what it is worth.
Sponsored