Painted Stripes on non-CFTP car...

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium A10 PP1 Whipple Stage 2
it’s been 5+ months since I started this thread. As I indicated in my original post, I had already long since given up the hunt for a GT500. This experience didn’t exactly get me going again, at least not in a meaningful way. When the dealer said they’d call me about that car “in a few days,” for a fleeting moment I dreamed that car could be mine. But alas, they never called. Shocking, I know. This is the same dealer I have purchased other cars from (as recently as my 2019 F-250) and used exclusively for service on multiple cars.

A few months later I sold my GT350 (daily drive it for two years), and bought a BMW M4 Competition Pkg. Very different car from the 350 (it’s actually faster, better interior, tech, creative comforts, etc and it doesn’t bottom out on my driveway, etc.).

I also reserved a Bronco (First Edition). Guess which dealer did NOT get my deposit. lol.

But for some reason I still have GT500 in the back of mind. If I’m not mistaken the base cars have “cooled” a bit. I spent a couple hours looking last week (for the first time in six months) and was able to find two on the ground and priced at MSRP. Hmmm... Part of me says “do it” cuz duh, 760hp! But the practical side of me says “do you really want another S550...?? So much of it is the same as my old GT350 which got old after two years...

Not quite on topic with this thread, but figured I’d offer an update since it was suddenly resurrected.

Bringing this back on topic... having already done the aftermarket vinyl stripes and roof on my GT350 (pic below... the car came naked from the factory), I would absolutely pay $2k (but maybe not $4-$5k) to a body shop for painted stripes and roof on a base GT500. Why not? I have actually come to hate vinyl on a car. Sure it’s cheaper but you get what you pay for. Vinyl doesn’t look as good, it’s harder to maintain, and shows wear quicker. Who cares if the painted stripes don’t match the vin? Life is short, and I wouldn’t be buying this car to watch it get top dollar at Mecum in 30 years.

5A79C32F-F506-44E0-93FE-5212C0505742.jpeg
Hi. Thanks for writing your reply. I enjoy reading people Car adventures. I don't care about anything matching my GT VIN. I bought it insread if a GT500 because I am customizing it hard, just the way I want and not be a cookie cutter same as everyone else's car. I always make my cars unique and not like others. Good luck
Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Hi. Thanks for writing your reply. I enjoy reading people Car adventures. I don't care about anything matching my GT VIN. I bought it insread if a GT500 because I am customizing it hard, just the way I want and not be a cookie cutter same as everyone else's car. I always make my cars unique and not like others. Good luck
Funny thing about all those mods.... You never get it back.

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium A10 PP1 Whipple Stage 2
Funny thing about all those mods.... You never get it back.
Nope, never do. But I bought this car specifically to keep, and if I ever don't want it I will just give to my son. Thanks.
Doug
Sponsored