Sponsored

Big insurance increase (State Farm)--anyone else?

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Yup Allstate literally took geicos quote and spit it back at me - will be looking at State Farm tomorrow. For some reason I tried getting a quote from Progressive online and received a message they could not give me one based on the vehicles I have (2017 Mustang 2016 Cayenne). Im thinking bc im in washington and neither vehicle is equipped with a tracking device? I checked no on that box when asked...
I never quote with that stupid ass tracking app garbage and haven't had any problems. Insurance is very area dependent though, it's possible Progressive just doesn't want to write specific types of policies in your area right now.
Sponsored

Nawsad123

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bonez
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
I never quote with that stupid ass tracking app garbage and haven't had any problems. Insurance is very area dependent though, it's possible Progressive just doesn't want to write specific types of policies in your area right now.
Yea I dont blame them. Theft in WA is through the roof, hence the question around a tracking device. Thanks for the help though! Will look into a few others tomorrow (state farm, liberty mutual, nationwide). My bro in law has coverage through PEMCO. Might be a smaller company but looking to get a client base so offers lower rates than the big insurance companies

Firsttexan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2011 GT500 '19 GT PP1 '13 GT500, 98 GT, 92 LX 5.0
Vehicle Showcase
I was with State Farm for 10 yrs. and I payed an average of $240 per mo for 3 cars including the Shelby. Full coverage except the company van which has liability. I went with Progressive and it went down to $197 for the same policy.

State Farms administration has had issues and a body shop I work closely with says, the adjusters don't want to come to his shop for proper estimates and follow ups. They have pandemicitis and want to stay at home.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
State Farms administration has had issues and a body shop I work closely with says, the adjusters don't want to come to his shop for proper estimates and follow ups. They have pandemicitis and want to stay at home.
They offer much lower rates for policies that just cover accidents in front of an adjuster's home.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Scary part about what's happening at the border is (tin foil hat on) the demographic of people coming through. The very little attention the MSM is giving it shows families coming through looking for a better future. But in reality it's mostly men 18-24 years of age from Africa & Asia. Military aged men. Infiltration instead of invasion? Idk, all I know is something is brewing.
I’ll agree with those sentiments as far as not knowing WHO is coming through without ANY vetting at all… and as you point out, they are not just the average citizen from “Mexico”…. That situation is VERY LAX and … is dangerous.

Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
You're partially correct; however, it all boils down to the company taking a risk on the potential insured and they want to minimize the risk on those they accept for coverage. Those of us who have clean driving records and remain accident free will always pay a preferred lower premium, and there are some companies who offer accident forgiveness for those who rarely, if ever, have at fault accidents. As I mentioned before, due diligence and shopping the market place are the keys to success.

With regard to the insurance business (all of it) is a highly regulated industry from state-to-state and insurance companies must spend big sums of money in order to comply with complex regulations (which may include premium pricing restraints in underwriting and policy issuance) while simultaneously working to turn a profit in order stay in business. If not, they will stop offering coverage in a given state or local area.
(not geared towards “you” personally, so don’t take offense )

Maybe, just maybe if the Ins. industry would stop insuring those with cliffside, riverside, Oceanside properties that redundantly get destroyed or washed away by denying rebuilding in the same risky location, the industry wouldn't be losing so much $$$$.

Same is true with repeat offenders who have many auto loss claims.

Why am I and others being docked a 30% increase when we aren’t the problem

The industry should dock the above offenders - change the formulas and calculations to go after THE high riskers and not pummel everyone across the board with rate hikes where it’s not deserved.

Silver Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Coupe PP2
(not geared towards “you” personally, so don’t take offense )

Maybe, just maybe if the Ins. industry would stop insuring those with cliffside, riverside, Oceanside properties that redundantly get destroyed or washed away by denying rebuilding in the same risky location, the industry wouldn't be losing so much $$$$.

Same is true with repeat offenders who have many auto loss claims.

Why am I and others being docked a 30% increase when we aren’t the problem

The industry should dock the above offenders - change the formulas and calculations to go after THE high riskers and not pummel everyone across the board with rate hikes where it’s not deserved.
I don’t necessarily disagree with you, but it’s all a part of their risk management to spread that risk across the board. Similar to health insurance for older vs younger. That’s what insurance is, spreading or transferring the claims risk.

Maybe we need to look at why the underlying costs of repairs or replacement have escalated so much. Auto insurance companies are just trying to catch up with the inflation. Look at State Farm’s annual reports for 2020-2022. It’s pretty obvious why premiums are going up exponentially. Their claims basically doubled while their premiums only went up 11%. We’re in catch-up mode right now.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Why am I and others being docked a 30% increase when we aren’t the problem.
Uhh. We are the easiest prey, is why. The antelope with the limp. Can't expect the predator to behave differently.

308 Cal. Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dee
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 + other 2/4/& 6 wheeled trash barges
Just put in your text messages, while FP downloads them into memory, how much you love your insurance company, & how happy you are with them, & do it daily. 😉

Your beloved FordPass will then relay that information to the proper department at your insurance provider.
🫢

Last edited by a moderator:

#1ford

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2021 mustang gt premium convertble antimatter blue
Vehicle Showcase
Been with State Farm for more than 35 years I pay 720.00 for six months no tickets or accidents for over 20 years 🤷‍♂️

Sponsored

308 Cal. Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dee
Vehicle(s)
I want to thank the censorship of about 300+ words of our post a few hours ago, that explained, great detail, about our own insurance experience, paying on 7 vehs w/full coverage, & why WE ARE ALL paying so much more, & its A documented issue of drivers without licenses & insurance, with 1st hand experiences.

Love how you erased the 2 best parts, about the 2026 law coming, & the 17yr old kid is permanently in a wheelchair, do to who your protecting. What is this, the Epstein list?
LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Any chance Mr. MODERATOR, you will identify yourself? Or am I not allowed to know who constantly persecutes me, but yet I am never warned that I am out of bounds.

I guess the truth just gets you censored, but not banned. Especially since there is no foul language, or referencing to alphabet groups.

im sure I know who you are... PROBABLY the sane one who calls me Anti Government because I dont think Ford Pass Keeping & STORING our text messages is in our best interest. You really hate that 1, dont you.

Cuz when others talk about it, you don't call them ANTI GOVERNMENT, like you do US.

Ohh, wait, it was in reference to the "BUILD BACK INFLATION - Act"

Attention "Moderators" - have the courage to stop censoring the truth. Your not the Whitehouse, or Twitter (pre-Musk) or Facebook.

I'VE WATCHED YOU guys let the cus words fly over the kid who wanted to see a transaxle in a Mustang THREAD, but your censoring me because I explained in detail who is costing us the most in increasing insurance payments?

You all must feel very important.
I spent an hour writing that post on a ph keyboard.

Go get yourselves a BudLight, you deserve it!

308 Cal. Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dee
Vehicle(s)
I want to thank the censorship of about 300+ words of our post a few hours ago, that explained, great detail, about our own insurance experience, paying on 7 vehs w/full coverage, & why WE ARE ALL paying so much more, & its A documented issue of drivers without licenses & insurance, with 1st hand experiences.

Love how you erased the 2 best parts, about the 2026 law coming, & the 17yr old kid is permanently in a wheelchair, do to who your protecting. What is this, the Epstein list?
LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Any chance Mr. MODERATOR, you will identify yourself? Or am I not allowed to know who constantly persecutes me, but yet I am never warned that I am out of bounds.

I guess the truth just gets you censored, but not banned. Especially since there is no foul language, or referencing to alphabet groups.

im sure I know who you are... PROBABLY the sane one who calls me Anti Government because I dont think Ford Pass Keeping & STORING our text messages is in our best interest. You really hate that 1, dont you.

Cuz when others talk about it, you don't call them ANTI GOVERNMENT, like you do US.

Ohh, wait, it was in reference to the "BUILD BACK INFLATION - Act"

Attention "Moderators" - have the courage to stop censoring the truth. Your not the Whitehouse, or Twitter (pre-Musk) or Facebook.

I'VE WATCHED YOU guys let the cus words fly over the kid who wanted to see a transaxle in a Mustang THREAD, but your censoring me because I explained in detail who is costing us the most in increasing insurance payments?

You all must feel very important.
I spent an hour writing that post on a ph keyboard.

Go get yourselves a BudLight, you deserve it!
& stop giving your opinions of us as Moderators.

GT-DM

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Redd
Vehicle(s)
GT500 & other heaps
Just put in your text messages, while FP downloads them into memory, how much you love your insurance company, & how happy you are with them, & do it daily. 😉

Your beloved FordPass will then relay that information to the proper department at your insurance provider.
🫢
You talking about this?

Screenshot_20240110_200121_DuckDuckGo.jpg

White Stallion 11

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
RJ
Vehicle(s)
'15 EB Prem Vert w/PP, '20 GT Prem Vert w/PP
Maybe we need to look at why the underlying costs of repairs or replacement have escalated so much. Auto insurance companies are just trying to catch up with the inflation. Look at State Farm’s annual reports for 2020-2022. It’s pretty obvious why premiums are going up exponentially. Their claims basically doubled while their premiums only went up 11%. We’re in catch-up mode right now.
[/QUOTE]
Inflation and increased losses are are always key factors in causing everyone's premiums to increase.

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium A10 PP1 Whipple Stage 2
Inflation and increased losses are are always key factors in causing everyone's premiums to increase.
[/QUOTE]
Screenshot_20240111_201427_Samsung Notes.jpg
Sponsored