Sponsored

BFG All Terrain KO 2's

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Thoughts? Opinions. This tire seems to be the gold standard off road, all terrain tire. Only serious "off roading" it would probably ever see with me is some good deep snow play in the winter. Guess my main questions would be related to that and how you guys have faired with these in semi-rough winter conditions, which would include fairly deep snow and your typical urban winter condition roads?!

Just as a comparison...I currently have Mickey Thompson Baja ATZ P3's. They are great in deep snow (powder or wet) and bad winter roads; the rougher the better. But they suck on plowed, packed, slick, maintained winter roads. I have to use 4WD where cars with good all season tires are kicking my butt on the maintained winter roads.

Also...

34x12.50x18/E (121R) vs 305/70R18/E (126/123R). Both are /E tires. For all practical purposes, dimensions are identical. The 305/70 is slightly heavier. The load rating is beside each tires size in parenthesis, however I don't know why the 305/70 has the two numbers; 123 & 126R. Question...with the sizes basically being identical, why would you pick one size over the other?

While we're here...If anyone has a comparison opinion on the Mud KM3, feel free to throw it in.
Sponsored

MountainStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang GT
I have them on my Tundra and they do great in the snow, even when very worn as mine are starting to get. Lasted a long time though

kluke15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenny
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GTPP
i had those on my older jeep and never had an issue with them. i actually looked forward to driving in the snow because they insprired a lot of confidence. only issue i had on mine were trying to creep up a really steep hill with loose dirt, i thought it was the tires lack of ability. ended up putting in a diff locker and attempted the same hill with the same tires but more bald and it pulled right up no problem. and they also lasted all 40k miles i had the jeep for.

Louk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lou
Vehicle(s)
F90 M5, 2022 TRX
Those are the stock tires for raptors. People seem decently happy with them.
I have the cooper Stt pro on mine and no issues from me. Have had it in some pretty deep snow and also some loose dirt

jmack

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2002 F-250 7.3 PSD
Have them on F-250 and won't buy them again. They do really good on gravel and pretty good in light snow but that's it. They are down right dangerous on wet pavement - some how even worse than in snow, rear tires chirp from a standstill every time I take off. I should have returned them when I had the chance but figured they needed to break in a little, but after doing some research it's just how they are and everyone complains about it.

I'll be trying out Grabber ATX next time, had Cooper AT3 XLTs before which I had no complaints with except the price.

Sponsored

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Good Year Duratrac > everything else, IMO.

BFGs used to be my go-to for any 4WD vehicle, until getting back into Jeep Wranglers for a while. Tons of Jeep forum posts raving about Duratracs. When I ordered my '13 Wrangler, I upgraded the wheels/tires to AEVs and Duratracs upon delivery. Wow, what a revelation. Easily the best tire I've ever had in snow (they flat out DIG), and the first set lasted 60K. I replaced the first set with another.

When the Jeep became a reliability nightmare (i.e. far too early), my new F150 that replaced it got a set of Duratracs immediately to replace the girly-man tires that came on it. The new go-to.

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
I read a lot of good reviews on the BF Goodrich KO2's.
I'll have to check out a lot of reviews before deciding on which tire I would go with. No off-roading for me, just daily driving and light/heavy snow in the winter months.

ModularKid21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘15 GT
Vehicle Showcase
I had a set of ko2’s on a 4runner I had a few years back. They were 265/70/17 load range c tires so while being an LT tire, not too heavy as far as construction goes. But that’s what I was looking for as I wasn’t really going to haul anything and they were relatively small suv’s in the mid 2000’s. Best tires I’ve ever owned. They came new with 15/32. When I sold the truck, the tires had 42k miles on them and had 10/32 tread. I rotated them every 5k miles when I changed the oil, never needed to rebalance them. They fall short in thicker mud but that’s not what they’re intended use is as you stated. It’s worth noting that they’re 3 peak rated and I can attest to the fact that they’re KILLER in the snow. Those tires coupled with Toyota’s 4wd system, it was point and shoot with that set up.

Some others haven’t had the same experience from forums I’ve read. From what I’ve gathered, it seems like the people having issues with them are usually in the larger and higher load range variants. These tires are king in the Toyota community but I’ve heard a fair amount of 3/4 and 1 ton truck owners complain about their life span and wear characteristics.

From my experience, they were phenomenal tires. 10/10 would buy again

jmack

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2002 F-250 7.3 PSD
Some others haven’t had the same experience from forums I’ve read. From what I’ve gathered, it seems like the people having issues with them are usually in the larger and higher load range variants. These tires are king in the Toyota community but I’ve heard a fair amount of 3/4 and 1 ton truck owners complain about their life span and wear characteristics.
That's been my experience with a 3/4 ton. Maybe it's a different tire compound in their E-rated tires that makes them garbage.

Erratikmind

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
'20 GT Prem M6/401A/PP1/MR, '19 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
I originally had the BFG KO2s on my Rubicon. Ran them for some 14K miles on various trails. However, they did not perform too well on the rocks here in the desert.

For my needs, I switched to the Cooper STT Pro. Have been running them for the past 19K miles and they have been excellent out on the dirt. If my Rubicon was my daily driver, I would go back to the BFG KO2s.

Sponsored

603GT350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350, 2018 Raptor
I've got the BFGs on my Raptor, they are an okay tire. Good road manners and decent in snow. Not a lot of road noise. Will be going to the Duratracs when they need to be replaced.

IamCDNJosh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP, 2015 F150 3.5EB FX4
I'm on my second set of Ko2's on my F150 and I love them. Excellent in the snow and just a great all around tire.

Almost forgot to mention that we have these on our Suburban as well.

Carbide

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Race Red w/white stripes Shelby GT350
Hmmm. Mine have been great in the snow and never had one issue in the rain.
Love them!
20191009_135403-800x600.jpg

20210306_152328.jpg

20190907_164108.jpg

20191009_135403-800x600.jpg
Sponsored