Best Windshield Cover - Help Needed

WERA49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Roush Supercharger Premium 401A
What is the best windshield sun blocker that you've found?

I've seen the generic version that claims to fit everything from a Miata to Kenworth. I'm looking for a good sun blocker that fits well.
Sponsored

XFactor7889

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT Performance Package
I've got the custom Covercraft shield that's specifically cut for Mustangs. It fits very well. The outer edges allow the slightest bit of light in at times. But overall, I've been happy with it.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT

DandeeLioness

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dandee
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT Premium
I've got the custom Covercraft shield that's specifically cut for Mustangs. It fits very well. The outer edges allow the slightest bit of light in at times. But overall, I've been happy with it.
Same! I ordered mine off of Ford’s site when they were having a 20% sale on accessories. I struggled on pulling the trigger given the price of a “sun-blocker,” but after years of having those crappy ones from Walmart, I figured why not splurge for my baby?

I bought this one: https://accessories.ford.com/products/mustang-2015-2021-uvs100-custom-sunscreen-1

And seriously, it was totally worth the price in my opinion — even better if you can catch a sale. I can’t speak to how well the actual metallic/reflective material will hold up over time (I’m hoping my windshield being tinted will help it from breaking down), but the screen itself is very stiff. Almost like cardboard and it folds up like a game board? So it’s super solid and fits my windshield perfectly by design. 👍

XFactor7889

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT Performance Package
Same! I ordered mine off of Ford’s site when they were having a 20% sale on accessories. I struggled on pulling the trigger given the price of a “sun-blocker,” but after years of having those crappy ones from Walmart, I figured why not splurge for my baby?

I bought this one: https://accessories.ford.com/products/mustang-2015-2021-uvs100-custom-sunscreen-1

And seriously, it was totally worth the price in my opinion (better if you can catch a sale). I can’t speak to how well the actual metallic/reflective material will hold up over time (I’m hoping my windshield being tinted will help it from breaking down), but the screen itself is very stiff. Almost like cardboard (it folds up like a game board)? So it’s super solid and fits my windshield perfectly by design. 👍
I know what you mean about the price. I'm cheap by nature, so I just asked for it for my birthday when I got mine lol. It worked out that was only a month later. So, I've had mine for about 4.5 years and I parked mine outside everyday with it in there until recently. It hasn't really shown any signs of wear at all. And yea, with how nicely it folds, I just tuck it behind my seat while I'm driving without any issues.

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
What is the best windshield sun blocker that you've found?

I've seen the generic version that claims to fit everything from a Miata to Kenworth. I'm looking for a good sun blocker that fits well.
I have a Ford/Mustang branded version of the CoverCraft UVS100, these are sold through Ford dealers as a genuine accessory in Australia.

You can also go direct to CoverCraft -

Covercraft UVS100 Windshield Sunshades (carcoverusa.com)
Ford Logo Windshield Sun Shields Car Sun Shades (carcoverusa.com)

IMG-2434.jpg

IMG-2435.jpg

IMG-4183.jpg

These are perfectly shaped for each vehicle so that they fit properly. They are also stiff enough so that they don't just fall down when they heat up like the cheaper alternatives.
Sponsored