Best replacement windshield

69mach1-395

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RR GT/CS
Mine has a crack on the passenger side that is growing towards the driver side. $50 glass deductible.
Who has the best replacement?

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
OEM glass is the best replacement. Safelite ran me about $500 iirc.

If you don't go with OEM, at least make sure you get the double pane one or whatever they call it to cut down on wind noise.

88lx50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT convertible 6 speed
OEM glass is the best replacement. Safelite ran me about $500 iirc.

If you don't go with OEM, at least make sure you get the double pane one or whatever they call it to cut down on wind noise.
All windshields are double pane. It is laminated glass for safety. The aftermarket windshields might be missing the Ford emblem in the middle of the windshield, if that is important to you. When my windshield broke on my 2011, I told the insurance company I wanted OEM glass and would not settle for a Safelite replacement. They paid for oem.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
Yeah, OEM.

Some poor Tech cracked my windshield when replacing my auto-dimming rear-view mirror. The Service Advisor had a heart-attack when I told him I wanted an OEM windshield, and not some cheap AM windshield.

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
All windshields are double pane. It is laminated glass for safety. The aftermarket windshields might be missing the Ford emblem in the middle of the windshield, if that is important to you. When my windshield broke on my 2011, I told the insurance company I wanted OEM glass and would not settle for a Safelite replacement. They paid for oem.
When I got mine replaced, there were 3 levels. Some basic one (cheap), some OE equivalent (about $100 cheaper than OEM), and OEM (the $500ish price I mentioned).

Dr. Norts

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red Mustang GT
Just tell them you want it replaced like for like which will be OEM. Also emphasize you know the OEM one is the ONLY one that says FORD & "soundscreen" on it.

BluePonyGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Corey
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue GT Premium 6MT
OEM all the way. I just had to do this on Wednesday this week. Last weekend a dime-size rock made a golfball size crater near the driver's side A-pillar about 1/3 the way up. As I was driving my son and I watched it crack slowly from left to right. By Wednesday it was 18" long.

Safelite Auto Glass had the OEM windshield via my insurance carrier a few days later. $100 deductible for the comprehensive claim. I had to make sure the moisture sensors and that patch of black dots behind the rearview mirror were the options when I filed the claim. It took about 2 hours.

They let me compare part numbers and it's the exact same set of part #'s as from the factory. It's a Ford OEM windshield. The only thing the new windshield didn't have was the little sideways "H" marks that show where the wiper tips go when they're down. Kind of a bummer - those were cool.

Retail on the windshield was over $700 with the insurance mark-up.

88lx50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT convertible 6 speed
Non oem is a crap shoot. My neighbor got a cheap replacement on an F150 and he would get headaches looking out of it because it was so wavy.

OP
OP
69mach1-395

69mach1-395

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RR GT/CS
OEM it is then, thanks for the replies. Now on to the insurance co.

stevegt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT Premium. 2019 GT PP1 ordered
Yeah, OEM is the way to go. State Farm refused to pay for OEM on my Tundra. The glass shop had to order in 4 aftermarket windshields before he got one that didn’t have some sort of a defect. Most all aftermarket are imported junk IMO.

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
Mine has a crack on the passenger side that is growing towards the driver side. $50 glass deductible.
Who has the best replacement?
You have to realize that all non-OEM car components that are not from modding/tuning category are made and sold for only one reason - lower cost. And almost never (if ever) they're as good as OEM.

lawrencecar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost PP
i replaced mine with oem a couple months ago. $50 deductible, local recommended glass co covered the deductible. Did it all online with insurance company. Super painless.

OP
OP
69mach1-395

69mach1-395

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RR GT/CS
i replaced mine with oem a couple months ago. $50 deductible, local recommended glass co covered the deductible. Did it all online with insurance company. Super painless.
Who is your insurance, mine is travelers. On the phone now but seems to be taking long...

lawrencecar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost PP
OP
OP
69mach1-395

69mach1-395

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)