Best way to launch?

AnthonyA1234

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt, 1992 Mustang GT
How do you guys go about launching your bullitt? I cant get it to not bog on a launch.

I usually rev it to about 4k in sport mode traction control on and I release the clutch fast and it always bogs and I smell clutch.

what should I do different?
Sponsored

JFBullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
How do you guys go about launching your bullitt? I cant get it to not bog on a launch.

I usually rev it to about 4k in sport mode traction control on and I release the clutch fast and it always bogs and I smell clutch.

what should I do different?
Turn the traction control off. Modulate the throttle and clutch yourself.

Traction control is doing its job by closing the throttle and not allowing the tires to spin.

A skilled driver can outdo the the launch control on any manual vehicle. Consistency is a different story.

Stangnut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt BHG
Mine bogs down really bad if I just pull out into traffic too aggressivly. (90 degree turn into oncoming traffic)

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
Step 1; Turn everything off.
Step 2; Learn how to actually drive.
Step 3; Stop relying one electronic nannies like a bunch of wimins.

Of course it's going to bog if you leave TC on. What an dumbass move.

Jstang23

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT Eruption Green
Traction control all the way off will prevent the bogging. But I do have to tell you that dumping the clutch is a great way to buy a new clutch :) There are plenty of youtube videos out there that explain how to properly launch a vehicle with the best clutch life and grip.

Sponsored

OP
OP
AnthonyA1234

AnthonyA1234

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
Step 1; Turn everything off.
Step 2; Learn how to actually drive.
Step 3; Stop relying one electronic nannies like a bunch of wimins.

Of course it's going to bog if you leave TC on. What an dumbass move.
People like you are the worst type in forums.

OP
OP
AnthonyA1234

AnthonyA1234

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
Traction control all the way off will prevent the bogging. But I do have to tell you that dumping the clutch is a great way to buy a new clutch :) There are plenty of youtube videos out there that explain how to properly launch a vehicle with the best clutch life and grip.
Sounds good, I’ll look into that. So launch control off, TC off, rev and then modulate throttle and clutch. I’ll try it and see how it goes. Thanks.

Jstang23

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT Eruption Green
Sounds good, I’ll look into that. So launch control off, TC off, rev and then modulate throttle and clutch. I’ll try it and see how it goes. Thanks.
Launch control is only good for when you've got the clutch part down. It allows you to get consistent launches, not better launches. Practicing launches is what gets you better!

CR151S

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Blake
Vehicle(s)
'20 GT PP M6
Mine bogs down really bad if I just pull out into traffic too aggressivly. (90 degree turn into oncoming traffic)
Would expect tire spin….

Stangnut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt BHG
Would expect tire spin….
I'm guessing that's what the car's computer is trying to prevent so it cuts back on the throttle.

Sponsored

Dana Pants

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dana
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1
Don’t bother with 4000 rpm stuff unless the car is modded for launching. Wheel hop is so a limiting factor. All I ever do is aggressive street starts. I doubt much above 3000 rpm peak. All my starts look like this and I’ve killed two axles, differential bushings, etc.

All traction control stuff should be off.

CR151S

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Blake
Vehicle(s)
'20 GT PP M6
I'm guessing that's what the car's computer is trying to prevent so it cuts back on the throttle.
Yeah - but when my car is cutting throttle, it’s also giving me a visual on the dash.

The way I understood your statement was that it was just bogging during 90-degree rights.

Are you getting the dash light?

Stangnut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt BHG
Yeah - but when my car is cutting throttle, it’s also giving me a visual on the dash.

The way I understood your statement was that it was just bogging during 90-degree rights.

Are you getting the dash light?
I haven't noticed it. I'm usually looking at how fast cars are coming at me and wondering if I'll be able to speed up in time to get out of the way, LOL. I'll try to start looking for it from now on. Thanks.

CR151S

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Blake
Vehicle(s)
'20 GT PP M6
I haven't noticed it. I'm usually looking at how fast cars are coming at me and wondering if I'll be able to speed up in time to get out of the way, LOL. I'll try to start looking for it from now on. Thanks.
No sweat! Try feathering the throttle too - the more traction you have, the more the computer nanny will allow you to accelerate with full power.

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
The more traction you have, the more the computer nanny will allow you to accelerate with full power.
Funny you should mention that and I was trying not to get sucked in with placebo, but I swear blind my car pulls harder in first now than it's ever done before after buttoning up the rear end a little ...

From new I always thought first was a little 'flat' (to say the least), but now I wonder if the ECU was just keeping it in order a little more than I would have liked - no dash lights though ?

Euro GT (like PP1) / Magride / 3.55 / traction lock / M6 always in sport+ if anyone is interested.

Mods that might have made a difference = diff bushes / subframe bushes / vertical links.

I was wondering if the hop / sudden variances in wheel speed were making the computer unhappy and now they are gone and its smooth when spinning, it lets me play a bit more.

Full throttle (rolling onto it in first) will now leave me two faint lines down the road - it's never done that in the past ... ?

I was tempted to start a thread, but forgot ... lol

WD :like:
Sponsored