Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
What is the best way/method to jack up my Mustang?
Sponsored

Scat2018

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
18 Dodge Charger scat pack

GrabberBargeCaptain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT Base 6sp in Grabber Blue
I was looking into these race ramps. Do they move around on you when you try to go up like those Rhino Ramps do? Some funny bloopers on youtube regarding those damn things..I put some yoga mats under mine but still a pain and now that im slightly lowered i dont think i'll clear properly.

txgt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium 6-speed Manual
All I would suggest is take your time and don't try to go to far up on jacking one side to put on jack stands. Before I got quik Jacks, I jacked up one side and tried to put one side on 4 ton jacks. The car did the jack stand shuffle. I let it back down Slowly and ordered Quik Jack for when I need the car fully off the ground to work underneath. I also have BMR Low profile rails and love them, Good Choice.
Yeah, it's important to get the right height on the jack stands without going too high. I prefer my 3-ton jacks as they seem to be just the right size overall and I've got the height dialed in just right.

that is why i do not use jack stands. the car is more stable with these car cribs, easy to make and affortable, plus your suspension is not stressed
It really depends on your needs! For me, jack stands are a necessity since I swap my rotors and pads before and after every track day, so cribs won't work for me.

Johnny Rockit

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Johnny
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT 6-speed. 2015 F-250XLT,73 Torino
Just install the rails while it is on the ground then life will be easier. Plenty of room and a simple install.

s2ms

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
1966 GT350 - 6S1757, 2017 GT350 - H3303
bought jack rails, found mid point to jack car up evenly on one side and place " car cribs" under each tire. repeaded process on the other side. was able to raise the car up 2 feet, giving me plenty of room to install LTH. With this method your suspention is not under extended stress. Works great and completly safe! I built these cribs using 2x4's supper easy.
KIMG0708.JPG
I did the same for exactly the same reasons. Don't feel as comfortable crawling under a car on jack stands as when I was younger....
Sponsored