Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Arjun
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT 2017
Hey guys,

Not sure if this is the right section or not. Apologies if it isn't

I am in need of some help, I have a 2017 Ford mustang GT with the 275/40r19 rear tyres. I am going supercharged very soon will be going roush stage 2 and just wondering what are the best tyres that will fit my car with this kind of power. Basically what tyres are recommended so I can put as much power down as possible

Many thanks
Sponsored

OP
OP
Y4RJX

Y4RJX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Arjun
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT 2017
Hey guys,

Not sure if this is the right section or not. Apologies if it isn't

I am in need of some help, I have a 2017 Ford mustang GT with the 275/40r19 rear tyres. I am going supercharged very soon will be going roush stage 2 and just wondering what are the best tyres that will fit my car with this kind of power. Basically which tyres will allow me to put the most power down!

Many thanks

MidwayJ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase

Basspro302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt
Post in tire and wheels section. Short answer there is no solution to that much power car can't even get the 460 down on the street.
The few days my 2019 was stock it had no problem putting the power down on oe tires, now that I have a whipple i run nitto 555r2.

ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Tempo, Ford Mustang,FFR,Crown vic.
It remarkable.

I have never gotten 450 HP to the ground on launch except with AWD, even then esp intervenes or all 4 are breaking loose losing time and stability.

I had an S65 and the traction control was on all the time in sport mode even at 120 mph on the Autobahn.
Some think the car is making 460hp at idle.
lol
Once they try running up 1st gear to 6700 rpm and then power shifting and it steps out on them then they go, oh, ya it can't hook 400hp

Sponsored

2021 Mach 1

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
Some think the car is making 460hp at idle.
lol
Once they try running up 1st gear to 6700 rpm and then power shifting and it steps out on them then they go, oh, ya it can't hook 400hp
that's totally me

Andy13186

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10speed Aluminator Whippled
Firestone indy 500s have pretty good grip, but they run a bit narrow and dont have much rim protection.

2021 Mach 1

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
That's me 100 % of the time, when I need the power I need it. Whether it from a stop WOT or 30 mph roll floor it kicks down to lowest gear and similar at highway speed.

The most frustrating is esp kicking in, and can be dangerous, or most dangerous the back end stepping out which is how my friend was killed as the stang bounced off a roadside concrete planter into a huge center median tree sideways.

Im a firm believer that max usable power is what is available to the ground on demand with minimal electronic intervention.

It one thing to lose the car on the track another on the street or at the side of a cliff.
I am very very sorry about your friend bud. Peace and love to his family.

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
I haven't been back to Europe in a few years. In the US, those of us running that kind of power, tend to go with drag radials depending on how the car is to be driven. I' m not sure if they are available in Europe. Some people might not be aware that there are some products that are available in one area of the world but not the other. The Michelin PS 4S are available for you and it is considered to be a very highly rated tire. I have a feeling you aren't looking for the absolute best drag/hook tire to run in England, so I would recommend the Michelins.
Sponsored