Best tune?

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
Tuning for e85 is by far the best bang for your buck if its available in your area. Any of the majors will offer it. Skip the open element intakes and just go 18+ oem closed with drop in. Add long tubes at the same time if its in the cards and tune for them at the same time.
Sponsored

Firsttexan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2011 GT500 '19 GT PP1 '13 GT500, 98 GT, 92 LX 5.0
Vehicle Showcase
Not having actually done a tune yet. My research tends to Favor Lund and Palm Beach Dyno.

I sure like PBDs videos.

This one is enough to make me go Chevy. Chevy should have had this motor yrs ago.

DisguSTANG1773

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Travis
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
i'd do more research there. whether you buy a lund from us or not, there are many other options that i would go long before heading over that direction.

have you seen the hiring ads.

duites include "answering the phone, porting, tuning....."
Do yourself a favor and listen to Beefcake. Go with someone reputable like Lund or PBD. I rolled the dice and went with Auto Mafia instead of Lund because I was getting a ported manifold from them. My tuning experience with Auto Mafia was a nightmare ( read my in depth Google review). Currently running tunes from PBD and Shrader Performance and both are great.

Sponsored

larr12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alberto
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang PP1
I've been holding out for something like this.
Dont hold out anymore. Darryl @Wengerd Performance customer service is amazing. Even on sundays he reply emails. And with the RTD+, the tuning process is super easy. Plug in the RTD+, open the app, select the tune and press write.

And datalogs are as simple as press start, run the car, press stop and upload.

The RTD+ is linked with Wengerd so Darryl see all my datalogs and uploads the tunes to the account.

Screenshot_20220128-221723_TDN.jpg

Screenshot_20220128-222638_TDN.jpg

Screenshot_20220128-221714_TDN.jpg

Last edited:

Soulja4187

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium & 2022 Audi A5 S-Line
Dont hold out anymore. Darryl @Wengerd Performance customer service is amazing. Even on sundays he reply emails. And with the RTD+, the tuning process is super easy. Plug in the RTD+, open the app, select the tune and press write.

And datalogs are as simple as press start, run the car, press stop and upload.

The RTD+ is linked with Wengerd so Darryl see all my datalogs and uploads the tunes to the account.

Screenshot_20220128-221723_TDN.jpg

Screenshot_20220128-222638_TDN.jpg

Screenshot_20220128-221714_TDN.jpg
I have a buddy that is also tuned by wengerd performance and he extremely happy with it.

Soulja4187

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium & 2022 Audi A5 S-Line
I have a buddy that is also tuned by wengerd performance and he extremely happy with it.
I forgot to add that he was having issues with the tune given to him by a reputable company (well known tuner). He’s procharge so after months of no change he went with wengerd and all his issues were gone. I’m myself will be going with wengerd once I get my LT headers.

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi S6, 2021 Mach 1 'M1985'
I forgot to add that he was having issues with the tune given to him by a reputable company (well known tuner). He’s procharge so after months of no change he went with wengerd and all his issues were gone. I’m myself will be going with wengerd once I get my LT headers.
same here. i think catted long tubes will be the only mod i do and wengerd performance will do the tuning.

Sponsored

tdstuart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Triston
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt Premium
I have also been tuned by Wengerd.

There customer service is pretty good, I tend to annoy them with my many requests and questions haha. But for the most part they respond really fast and even at odd hours of the day. They are technically off on sundays but will sometimes answer emails and send revisions even on sundays.

The biggest upside is their cost. If you look into Lund and palm beach they are really expensive especially when getting flex tubes and tube updates. Wengerd is really fair about their prices.

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have also been tuned by Wengerd.

There customer service is pretty good, I tend to annoy them with my many requests and questions haha. But for the most part they respond really fast and even at odd hours of the day. They are technically off on sundays but will sometimes answer emails and send revisions even on sundays.

The biggest upside is their cost. If you look into Lund and palm beach they are really expensive especially when getting flex tubes and tube updates. Wengerd is really fair about their prices.
I don’t think cost should factor in when considering tuners. The risk factor for poor tuning far exceeds the cost difference of one tuner to another. My reason for wanting to go with them is the reviews are all positive and most importantly from reading on the forum and watching customer videos on YouTube I keep hearing about how well the cars drive. I don’t need that last fraction of a horsepower or a dyno sheet to show off. I want safety, reliability, driveability. Now I just need to find someone I can trust to do my long tube install……

HannibalK1ng

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
MY20 GT
price is interesting....

i think all Lund/PBD/Wengerd have all the same base prices.... but lund charges like $250 extra for E85 where PBD/Wengerd charge $100? if i had an auto id consider the diffrences but i have a manual which is surely easier to tune so would go with the cheapest one (i have a few bolts on and thats it)

tdstuart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Triston
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt Premium
I don’t think cost should factor in when considering tuners. The risk factor for poor tuning far exceeds the cost difference of one tuner to another. My reason for wanting to go with them is the reviews are all positive and most importantly from reading on the forum and watching customer videos on YouTube I keep hearing about how well the cars drive. I don’t need that last fraction of a horsepower or a dyno sheet to show off. I want safety, reliability, driveability. Now I just need to find someone I can trust to do my long tube install……
The price difference when getting tune revisions is insane.

It really depends who you are as a person, but I’m 17 with a shit job. I bought the cheapest good quality S550 5.0 I could find and do all my work myself to make things cheaper. I could have bought the Lund tune, but when Wengerd has a good rep and a much cheaper price I was willing to go with them.

Not like I found a random guy to tune the car for $100.

and where do you live? I’ve done long tube headers on my car and I can probably do them for yours. If you don’t trust me I totally understand but I can deffinately give you some advice on what issues may arise with the install and what to tell your installer.

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The price difference when getting tune revisions is insane.

It really depends who you are as a person, but I’m 17 with a shit job. I bought the cheapest good quality S550 5.0 I could find and do all my work myself to make things cheaper. I could have bought the Lund tune, but when Wengerd has a good rep and a much cheaper price I was willing to go with them.

Not like I found a random guy to tune the car for $100.

and where do you live? I’ve done long tube headers on my car and I can probably do them for yours. If you don’t trust me I totally understand but I can deffinately give you some advice on what issues may arise with the install and what to tell your installer.
i was 17 once :cwl: and i do remember the days of being broke and trying to mod my 1st mustang. props to you for keeping that spirit alive as it seems kids your age are not that interested in hotrods anymore.
I live in washington. i would prefer to do them myself but i'm not sure my back will hold up spending that much time underneath the car unfortunately.
Sponsored