Best Spring combo for FP handling Struts/Shocks

Jmab.s550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joseph
Vehicle(s)
Mustang gt
Posted yesterday and now convinced to just get the Ford Performance Struts/Shocks. What is the best spring combo for these? Planning on doing a lot of spirited canyon drives and maybe occasional track twice a year. I also was looking around a 1 inch drop. I currently have BMR springs 1.2 front .5 rear and rated 150lbs/700lbs. Is the BMR 250lbs/900lbs be a better fit for the struts and shocks? Or stay with ford track springs or other company like steeda?
Sponsored

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
why not get something better for same cost? Steeda, etc nothing wrong with them, but there are better ones for price. imo.

im very happy with Steeda progressives myself, its a DD though.

Brian@BMVK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT - Sold
why not get something better for same cost? Steeda, etc nothing wrong with them, but there are better ones for price. imo.

I appreciate the laugh. Thanks. There are not.

To OP,
If you're willing to have a firm, but very well-controlled ride, the handling springs are hard to beat with the FP track dampers. There are countless folks on this forum with the same.

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase

We appreciate the feedback, Donald - we are pleased to hear you are happy with your Steeda package.

OP, we can have our tech team speak to you & get you squared away - our sales team is very professional & willing to speak to you in length about your build.

Additionally - we have great Forum pricing as well as military & first responder discounts - I am sure we can get you squared away.

TJ

OP
OP

Jmab.s550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joseph
Vehicle(s)
Mustang gt

Still taking suggestions, but was reading some threads that most people use PF struts and shicks and pair it with aftermarket springs.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Jmab.s550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joseph
Vehicle(s)
Mustang gt
The BMR handling springs are the easy button with the FP shocks/struts. There is no better handling spring on the market without going to decent money coilovers. This I say with confidence.
just ordered the FR struts/shocks and BMR handling springs(SP083) and BMR Adj toe link.

my current set up with my pp GT is
BMR: K-member Brace
BMR: CB005R cradle lockout
BMR: CB762R subframe support brace
BMR: Performance Springs
BMR: front rear sway bars
Whiteline: endlinks
Steeda: Alignment kit.
SR: Vertical Links

This car is daily and mostly gna see spiritted canyon driving. Maybe track once a year.
Theres two additional upgrades that i see popping all the time which is the upgraded shock mounts and FR knuckle toe bearing. Can i just skip these two upgrades coz its only gna be on the track once a year? Or is it a must? Thing is i was looking on youtube to install the knuckle toe bearing and it looked like its a pain in the ass to install so im thinking to skip it if i could lol.

decableguy2000

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Vehicle(s)
2016 CO GT PP, 2020 VB GT PP
I'm running Steeda progressives with Ford racing shocks and struts. No complaints, lots of mountain driving.

Danmg202

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt- 401a - PP1
just ordered the FR struts/shocks and BMR handling springs(SP083) and BMR Adj toe link.

my current set up with my pp GT is

This car is daily and mostly gna see spiritted canyon driving. Maybe track once a year.
Theres two additional upgrades that i see popping all the time which is the upgraded shock mounts and FR knuckle toe bearing. Can i just skip these two upgrades coz its only gna be on the track once a year? Or is it a must? Thing is i was looking on youtube to install the knuckle toe bearing and it looked like its a pain in the ass to install so im thinking to skip it if i could lol.
I think pp mustangs already have the upgraded knuckle to toe bearing.

I'm going to swap to the sp083r springs myself. I've tried a few options with the fr shocks but haven't been fully happy with any of them yet.

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
I think pp mustangs already have the upgraded knuckle to toe bearing.

I'm going to swap to the sp083r springs myself. I've tried a few options with the fr shocks but haven't been fully happy with any of them yet.
Negative they do not. It is in the FP track kit however or can be purchased separately.

Sponsored

Danmg202

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
Negative they do not. It is in the FP track kit however or can be purchased separately.
Damn, I had them on my shelf ready to go but didn't press them in after reading bad information, guess I can give it a go when my springs show up.

OP
OP

Jmab.s550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joseph
Vehicle(s)
Mustang gt
You think with my upgrades and the way im going to drive the car mostly canyons, do you think i can just skip the knuckle toe bearing? Just didnt want to do the install lol. If the car is only gna be on the track once a year. You think the car will be just fine without it?

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
You think with my upgrades and the way im going to drive the car mostly canyons, do you think i can just skip the knuckle toe bearing? Just didnt want to do the install lol. If the car is only gna be on the track once a year. You think the car will be just fine without it?
It will be fine. The benefit of the toe-knuckle bearing is for cornering consistency. But also consider that besides the springs/shocks/bar, that is the only other IRS component Ford Performance decided to include in their track kit. They chose that joint for a reason.

It depends on how much you care about it and want it to feel/handle just right. But it will be fine without it. Not world-changing but it is a nice piece to upgrade - just my 2 cents.

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
Damn, I had them on my shelf ready to go but didn't press them in after reading bad information, guess I can give it a go when my springs show up.
What bad information? There isn't really any downside to this upgrade other than the pain of installing it.

Danmg202

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
What bad information? There isn't really any downside to this upgrade other than the pain of installing it.
While looking for install notes I read somewhere here that performance pack cars already had better toe link bushings and misinterpreted it as referring to the knuckle to toe bearing since that was the topic of the thread. Be my best guess how I got the wrong idea anyhow.
Sponsored