Coyote Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0 Coyote Red
Vehicle Showcase
This base 2016 GT has better sonic's than my 14 or 12 Cyclone did so I'll heed the Rockford Fosgate P300-10 advise as it is self-powered and my electronic tech skills aren't as wicked as some of you guys.

mumbles

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT Prem OW
For now, I am using the cap from the factory install. I will be going active soon and can get rid of it then. Just need to decide which direction to go to get a clean signal out of the HU: oem's harness, Scosche unit, etc.
Nice! Way to go green and upcycle :D

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
I can't believe nobody still makes a good kit for the S550. I don't want to drill and stuff just wanted something that drops in. Also I don't want a coax down at the bottom.

DMRD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost | Magnetic Metallic
i have the base, i would like better speakers just dont know much about this area, im not looking for the best ($$$) more like ($-$$) also not something that wil cause too much trouble installing

thanks!!!!!!!

budget probably, max $500
I just installed the Stage 3 motorsports speakers yesterday. http://www.stage3motorsports.com/KS...-6-5-Door-Speaker-Upgrade-Kit-Base-Audio.html

They are definitely an improvement over stock, but the car still needs a subwoofer. You will need to drill into the car (in the doors) and modify the stock speaker housings (in the rear) to install the speakers. Stage 3 has an install video on their site.

I picked up the stage 3 kit for an excellent price (~$40), if I was paying retail I would probably install a powered sub of some kind before replacing the door and rear speakers.

Sponsored

vnzbd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 V6
DMRD, with the install of "full range" speakers is the tweeter in the a-pillar still active? If so how does it sound with highs from both the tweets and the lower doors?

Orange_cru$h

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT CO Premium Pkg 6A 3.15 18"
+1. Added a self powered Rockford Fosgate P300-10. Made all the difference in the world. The stock speakers dont sound so bad anymore. Best bang for the buck. Only cost $165 and I did the install myself.

Add a sub a see what you think before spending a whole bunch.
I did the same and for the money invested sounds great. Just put external tweeters on the back a RCA line output converter connected to the back speakers. Install P300-10 or 12 SUB put the head unit on "all speakers" and set the Xover seting on sub to about 80hz with boost gain. Thats it. The sub will blend nicely and fill the sound gaps. Depending on the settings you can get it to play low notes with authority without being overbearing.

DMRD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost | Magnetic Metallic
DMRD, with the install of "full range" speakers is the tweeter in the a-pillar still active? If so how does it sound with highs from both the tweets and the lower doors?
As far as I can tell the tweeter in the a-pillar is still active. The sound is good for the amount of money spent, but nothing exceptional. You can definitely tell that the system is lacking some bass. The highs don't seem to interfere with each other and the listening experience is pleasant.
Sponsored