Sponsored

FYI On Carlite REPLACEMENT Windshields !!

TEAsGrabber

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mustang Mach1
Mine was replaced in Nov. of 2022 and Safelite called me today!

Dear Todd,

To follow up on our earlier call, here are some important instructions to determine whether the windshield of your Ford Mustang is included in a manufacturer’s safety recall.

Remember, DO NOT rely on your vehicle’s advanced safety features, including but not limited to forward-collision warning, lane keep assist and adaptive cruise control until we have confirmed whether your windshield is included in the recall and will need to be replaced at no cost.

To see if your windshield is affected, look for a small stamp on the lower middle portion of your windshield. This will include the name of the manufacturer and several numbers and codes.

Please take a picture of this stamp or write down the following to share with our team:
Manufacturer
DOT Number
Lot Code

Then reply to this email, either attaching your photo or including the above information in writing.

If you have any difficulty finding your stamp, contact Safelite’s Customer Care Team at 800-776-9837.

Once we’ve determined whether your windshield is included in the recall, our team will contact you with next steps if your windshield will need to be replaced.

We apologize for this inconvenience. Please know that getting you back safely on the road as soon as possible is our top priority.

Yours sincerely,
Safelite Customer Care Team
Sponsored

ORRadtech

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang EcoBoost convertible, 14 Ford Fusion SE
So, you have a replacement windshield that might be under a recall and Safelight is going to replace it if it is.
I don't see an issue, seems like Safelight is being proactive.
It's not like Ford hasn't recalled the Mustang before...