Sponsored

Best fluids and maintenance schedule for severe use?

Andy13186

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10speed Aluminator Whippled
Ford manual has a lot of "lifetime fill" on the maintenance schedule and basically no schedule to change the auto trans fluid and high intervals on basically all fluids. For severe use what mileage schedule would you all recommend for every fluid? I have not had any issues except recently I have been getting an occasional high rpm misfire/stumble, i think the sparkplugs need to be replaced. I run on e85 most of the time. I know the "Track use" maintenance schedule is very short on fluids

Fluid hard use mileages :

Transmission... 30k?
Differential 30k?
Coolant 30k?
Brake fluid?
Spark plugs?

My change oil light comes on in as little as 3k miles since I drive hard and wring the car out daily, so I am wondering how often I should change other fluids. Any suggestions would be appreciated. At this time I am changing the spark plugs and I think I want to change out the Trans, Diff, Coolant and possibly brake fluid. What do you guys think? They have never been changed before and the car has near 30k miles.

Also I do like amsoil products, but I am not 100% sure if I should go with them for all fluids or just use motorcraft?
Sponsored

Last edited: