best exhaust for GT????

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Now that I have some miles with my MBRP Street stainless setup, I give it a huge thumbs up. It sits in a really interesting zone where regular driving around is only slightly louder than stock, but once you stand on the pedal it gets loud. Damn loud even. There's also zero drone at any highway cruising speed/RPM combo that I've tried. Compared to the muffler deletes I had before, it has some of the same rowdy deep tone and character at low RPM, but much better tone when you get on it.
Sponsored

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
Now that I have some miles with my MBRP Street stainless setup, I give it a huge thumbs up. It sits in a really interesting zone where regular driving around is only slightly louder than stock, but once you stand on the pedal it gets loud. Damn loud even. There's also zero drone at any highway cruising speed/RPM combo that I've tried. Compared to the muffler deletes I had before, it has some of the same rowdy deep tone and character at low RPM, but much better tone when you get on it.

Same impression applies to the Roush mufflers.

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Same impression applies to the Roush mufflers.
They're pretty similar, both in design and sound, although I think Roush is a bit louder overall and has more rasp from using an x pipe versus the h pipe on the mbrp (which isn't a bad thing). The only reason I didn't go with Roush is the 9 year back order they've got going on these days.

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
They're pretty similar, both in design and sound, although I think Roush is a bit louder overall and has more rasp from using an x pipe versus the h pipe on the mbrp (which isn't a bad thing). The only reason I didn't go with Roush is the 9 year back order they've got going on these days.
Agree

DemonGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Mustang GT, 2021 Mustang GT PP1
Iv got a Corsa sport cat back im going to start installing today. Will let you know my thoughts when done.

Sponsored

Scooter MGee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
'20 MGT, '18 H-D Fat Bob 131ci, '17 Yaris
While I have zero rasp with my current set up I was wondering if all Coyote exhausts exhibit the same, what I would describe as, "trumpety" notes to them higher up in the rev range.

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
While I have zero rasp with my current set up I was wondering if all Coyote exhausts exhibit the same, what I would describe as, "trumpety" notes to them higher up in the rev range.
I 100% had the trumpety tone after I added long tubes to the full Corsa Xtremes. I added the Vibrant 1794s to clean that up and that worked well. Ultimately cut off the Corsa mufflers but kept their double x and added AWE Touring rear section. It all comes down to the setup and combo.

Scooter MGee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
'20 MGT, '18 H-D Fat Bob 131ci, '17 Yaris
It really only does it when the active exhaust is in track mode. I did an h-pipe first. Sounded terrrable. Replaced that with the Magnaflow Tru-x. While deeper it was actually just as quiet as stock. Now, I'm running the Borla SwitchFire. Sounds great up until about 4500rpm while giving it the beans. It's just the slightest bit too trumpety to my ears. I want to keep the active exhaust feature due to my subdivisionand, well, I like the adjustability. I'm contemplating adding in the Borla S Type axle back with the active feature with the current SwitchFire but I'm concerned it will still have the same trumpety sound up high. I should probably just leave well enough alone...........

Soulja4187

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium & 2022 Audi A5 S-Line
After hearing many exhaust set ups, I settled for the Magnaflow X-Mod series Cat-Back Exhaust System. It comes with everything for active and non active cars, it comes with an x pipe and a muffler module.

5FB5C515-EE49-479F-A71F-C6D617DDDC15.jpeg

D90FAAE0-DB49-4DF4-A61C-D9F4C3DACF76.jpeg

F927EA35-0A72-4EC7-91A4-C702B2734B9E.jpeg

CB169C12-C249-4FA4-87B5-9A1EE4433275.jpeg

DemonGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Mustang GT, 2021 Mustang GT PP1
Corsa sport is on. A bit louder at start up and cruise but its definitly louder in the upper rpm when getting up to highway speed. No drone and disappears when at cruising speed.

What is everyone doing with there stock cat back?

Sponsored

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Corsa sport is on. A bit louder at start up and cruise but its definitly louder in the upper rpm when getting up to highway speed. No drone and disappears when at cruising speed.

What is everyone doing with there stock cat back?

Here's mine now orphaned. Living in a cat back box, under a work bench, down by the wall.

IMG_0671.jpeg

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT w/ Roush P2 SC, 2015 KIA Sorento SXL
I love my 2020 GT but I'm looking for the best exhaust out there as far as sound. With Flowmaster, Borla, Corsa, etc I have no clue so I needed help. What is the best sounding exhaust????
The one that you like... Listen to Youtube clips.. Opinions are like assholes, this whole forum is full of them. :p (I kid, I kid)... My exhaust is loud when not in quiet mode.. Quiet mode sounds like shit though. I have LTH and the factory AE... With a Roush P2 kit.

Track mode sounds loud and in your face but I keep in quiet when cold starting. Rattling tin can is quiet mode.. Enjoy my noise is Track Mode.

My last car had a Roush P2 kit as well but no AE.. Put a Borla Type S kit on it and it sounded great. Curious what the active kit would sound like on my new car but $2500 installed is tough...

Old car was a 2018 and now I have a 2019.

Someone on here used ZL1 mufflers...

Last edited:

MidwayJ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
plan is to get an x pipe, i figured id try just the axle back first, see how it was, and if i wanted it louder, then get the x. i tend to like things on the louder side, so x pipe is coming soon. havent decided on which one, but thanks for the vote on the roush.

hearing my buddy's new longtubes really makes me want more sound from mine. the catless LTs might be more than im looking for, however. i leave for work around 5 am, so i have to be somewhat considerate of my neighbors.
I'm in the same boat. Just the axle back right now. I would like louder but I'm wondering how much louder and raspier the X-pipe will make it. I very much like the tone the way it is.

regachoz01

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Vehicle(s)
2021 mustang gt
I wonder if anyone has done the Corsa Xtreme with an h-pipe like Steeda's.... I like the stock (active) with resonator delete, but would like to get more natural pops and gurgles without a tune. My setup gurgles in track mode lazy shifting at 4-5K.
Do you experience any droning while cruising?