kem
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang gt
Much appreciated everyone. Thanks for the comments
Sponsored

Lapptopp

Threads
Reaction score
Colorado, Eastern Plains (no emissions or traffic)
Vehicle(s)
17' Mustang Gt Ruby Red Metallic Base Stick
Very pleased with the AWE touring cat-back on my 17 manual gt. Someone here said it sounds good with long tubes as well which is nice to hear. Listened to a lot of sound clips and it was down to the Corsa sport or AWE touring for me. In some of the clips I listened to the the Corsa sounded better than the AWE. However, overall I felt the AWE sounded more consistently better. No drone was a must.

Soonertim4

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2021 twister orange gt performance pack
Same here, I have the active exhaust with Steeda H-pipe. I can be as loud or quiet as I want. The only thing is that I still haven't figured out a way to get black tips.
Same for me on how to get black tips

Soonertim4

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2021 twister orange gt performance pack
Could not agree more. I am stunned at how loud and good my mustang sounds with just an h pipe
I do have a home made h pipe though. Had a muffler shop fabricate one for me

Momogt26

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
dwayne
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
Myself I have a mid muffler setup with a flowmaster 40 series and muffler delete after. It sounds really good no rasp no drone like some like to say. and it wasn't expensive has the old school 5.0 sound going through the gears.

Sponsored

n2ofusion

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6M
Unfortunately a lot of setups are kinda raspy, so if you're looking for deep sound you'll be disappointed. Nature of the Coyote in a lot of ways. I think MBRP street is like a quieter Roush pretty much.
yeah. It can be quiet at cruise. It’s just an angry Uhaul truck sound when I get on the throttle. I wanted corsa but cheaped out

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
yeah. It can be quiet at cruise. It’s just an angry Uhaul truck sound when I get on the throttle. I wanted corsa but cheaped out
Well, if you don't like rasp you probably won't like Corsa that much. I'd go AWE Touring if I were you, loud, deep tone, and none of the uhaul type sounds when you get on it.

With that said, everything is subjective, hearing setups in person is the best way to know if you'll like something or not. I'm about to install my MBRP street, so hopefully I'm not as disappointed as you are lmao

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
i went with roush. i probably just went and got it on too much of a whim-i listened to exhaust clips and videos on youtube plenty but was more concerned about overall volume difference between axle back and full catback without a resonator. i like the sound of the roush, dont get me wrong, it's fantastic, and there's a reason why it's so popular. i dont regret it, but i wish i would have listened to more videos for differences or better yet, heard a few in person. that's not always the easiest thing to do without being a pain in the ass asking people to come meet up so you can hear their car, but i guess some people dont mind. i wouldnt personally.

bottom line-there's no "best" just preference. that being said, there's a reason why people buy more of certain ones. in the pushrod 5.0 days everyone seemed to want flows, mac, magnaflow, etc. now it seems to be corsa, borla, roush, mbre, etc.

Just curious, what you're sporting, X, H, resonator or not. ?

LOL... Flow Master's were shit then and still are today, cars sound like boats.
Anyone heard or around an inboard can relate .

331GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
1995 DFG GT vert, 2019 Oxford White GT PP1
Just curious, what you're sporting, X, H, resonator or not. ?

LOL... Flow Master's were shit then and still are today, cars sound like boats.
Anyone heard or around an inboard can relate .
i have stock headers and stock/factory resonator. i had never heard the difference between just axle back vs full catback without a resonator, and wasnt sure how loud it is.

i like the sound of flows a lot on sbf 5.0s. very distinct sound and i think it sounds great. the number of people who ran/run them indicates im not the only one with this opinion. regardless, that was my point overall, exhaust sound preference is subjective.

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
i have stock headers and stock/factory resonator. i had never heard the difference between just axle back vs full catback without a resonator, and wasnt sure how loud it is.

i like the sound of flows a lot on sbf 5.0s. very distinct sound and i think it sounds great. the number of people who ran/run them indicates im not the only one with this opinion. regardless, that was my point overall, exhaust sound preference is subjective.

Want a robust, healthy performance sound, delete the resonator.

Like an angry sound of the Coyote ........ as I do ? Replace it with an X pipe, the last piece of the puzzle.
Already have the most expensive part on the car, Roush (outstanding).

For a couple of hundred bucks (Roush X pipe) will finish things off nicely.

Stick with Roush there also, match the system, and known good. Get what you pay for.

Totally agree "overall, exhaust sound preference is subjective" for sure

Not a valid argument V
"Flows and the number of people who ran/run them"

Just a thought no harm intended
Asking the question : if everybody sat on a hot stove would you, not me

Sponsored

331GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
Want a robust, healthy performance sound, delete the resonator.

Like an angry sound of the Coyote ........ as I do ? Replace it with an X pipe, the last piece of the puzzle.
Already have the most expensive part on the car, Roush (outstanding).

For a couple of hundred bucks (Roush X pipe) will finish things off nicely.

Stick with Roush there also, match the system, and known good. Get what you pay for.

Totally agree "overall, exhaust sound preference is subjective" for sure

Not a valid argument V
"Flows and the number of people who ran/run them"

Just a thought no harm intended
Asking the question : if everybody sat on a hot stove would you, not me
plan is to get an x pipe, i figured id try just the axle back first, see how it was, and if i wanted it louder, then get the x. i tend to like things on the louder side, so x pipe is coming soon. havent decided on which one, but thanks for the vote on the roush.

hearing my buddy's new longtubes really makes me want more sound from mine. the catless LTs might be more than im looking for, however. i leave for work around 5 am, so i have to be somewhat considerate of my neighbors.

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
plan is to get an x pipe, i figured id try just the axle back first, see how it was, and if i wanted it louder, then get the x. i tend to like things on the louder side, so x pipe is coming soon. havent decided on which one, but thanks for the vote on the roush.

hearing my buddy's new longtubes really makes me want more sound from mine. the catless LTs might be more than im looking for, however. i leave for work around 5 am, so i have to be somewhat considerate of my neighbors.

Long tube headers are really more then enough for street. Saying they are better suited for the track .

Screen Shot 2021-08-03 at 1.12.02 PM.png

IMG_0636.jpeg

Here is a shot of why I paint em black ..... hides the muffler, enhances the tips.

IMG_0155.jpeg

331GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
Long tube headers are really more then enough for street. Saying they are better suited for the track .

Screen Shot 2021-08-03 at 1.12.02 PM.png

IMG_0636.jpeg

Here is a shot of why I paint em black ..... hides the muffler, enhances the tips.

IMG_0155.jpeg
you are right about painting them and hiding them, looks great!

Scooter MGee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
'20 MGT, '18 H-D Fat Bob 131ci, '17 Yaris
plan is to get an x pipe, i figured id try just the axle back first, see how it was, and if i wanted it louder, then get the x. i tend to like things on the louder side, so x pipe is coming soon.
Have a look at the Borla SwitchFire. Best of both worlds. Delivers a nice low tone down low and a mature/finished tone up top with no rasp.. Everyone here that has installed it loves the outcome, including me.

331GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
Have a look at the Borla SwitchFire. Best of both worlds. Delivers a nice low tone down low and a mature/finished tone up top with no rasp.. Everyone here that has installed it loves the outcome, including me.
i never even heard of that- i will look into it. thanks for the suggestion :rockon: :sunglasses:
Sponsored