best exhaust for GT????

kemsmk19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
kem
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang gt
I love my 2020 GT but I'm looking for the best exhaust out there as far as sound. With Flowmaster, Borla, Corsa, etc I have no clue so I needed help. What is the best sounding exhaust????
Sponsored

EP10R80

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 5.0
Corsa and Borla sound really good, but I love my mbrp race. Cheaper too. Cold start is super loud, but cruising is not bad at all. We can't decide for you and it comes down to preference. See for yourself on youtube.

Imho 3" is a must.

larr12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alberto
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang PP1
AWE-Tuning Catback Touring

The Demon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 N5809, 2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Vehicle Showcase
Others can correct me here if needed as I was learning when I bought my car but unless you’re going to go boosted stick with 2.5”. Unless you are going 650HP plus you don’t need 3”. I have the Ford Performance by Borla Sport.

Sponsored

EP10R80

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 5.0
Others can correct me here if needed as I was learning when I bought my car but unless you’re going to go boosted stick with 2.5”. Unless you are going 650HP plus you don’t need 3”. I have the Ford Performance by Borla Sport.
Go 3" I would imagine gains are to be had even under 650 whp. I'm sure there are 3" out there with resonators and mufflers that aren't too loud either. To each their own, but I believe you're right you don't need 3" without a power adder.

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
Avoid the FM unless you enjoy drone. Also take into consideration if you'll be going long tubes or staying stock as that will heavily alter tone and volume vs not. Corsa Xtremes sound great when stock but way too trumpety with long tubes. Borla Atak looses It's quality tone as well with long tubes. Corsa Sport on the other hand is too quiet if stock but sounds great on long tubes. AWE Touring a but deeper, some find it milder when stock due to resonated H pipe but sounds great paired to lth. One thing all those have in common is 0 drone. I personally started with Corsa Xtremes, but after going long tubes added some Vibrant 1794s to kill the trumpet tone. Ultimately cut off the Corsa mufflers but kept their double x and mated to my ARH long tubes but then added AWE Touring rear section. My favorite combo so far on this build. However had I planned ahead and started with Corsa Sport instead of Xtremes likely would have been happy after adding the long tubes and wouldn't have gone down that rabbit hole.

Listen to as many videos as you can but even better listen to as many in person as you can and think about your future plans for the car.

ZM5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Avoid the FM unless you enjoy drone. Also take into consideration if you'll be going long tubes or staying stock as that will heavily alter tone and volume vs not. Corsa Xtremes sound great when stock but way too trumpety with long tubes. Borla Atak looses It's quality tone as well with long tubes. Corsa Sport on the other hand is too quiet if stock but sounds great on long tubes. AWE Touring a but deeper, some find it milder when stock due to resonated H pipe but sounds great paired to lth. One thing all those have in common is 0 drone. I personally started with Corsa Xtremes, but after going long tubes added some Vibrant 1794s to kill the trumpet tone. Ultimately cut off the Corsa mufflers but kept their double x and mated to my ARH long tubes but then added AWE Touring rear section. My favorite combo so far on this build. However had I planned ahead and started with Corsa Sport instead of Xtremes likely would have been happy after adding the long tubes and wouldn't have gone down that rabbit hole.

Listen to as many videos as you can but even better listen to as many in person as you can and think about your future plans for the car.
Sound clip?? Also have bought those vibrants but they’ve been sitting in my garage 😂

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
Sound clip?? Also have bought those vibrants but they’ve been sitting in my garage 😂
Ha those Vibrants are good for tone clean up when needed or to bring volume down a bit. Definitely not needed after changing the rear. Here is a clip on the dyno with the AWE Touring rear with the old Corsa double x still on mated to my ARH long tubes. You can hear it has more character in the lower rpms than the Corsa but then still screams up top. Still 0 drone which is a must imo with exhaust setups.

Sponsored

Darkstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1 Oxford White.
I love my 2020 GT but I'm looking for the best exhaust out there as far as sound. With Flowmaster, Borla, Corsa, etc I have no clue so I needed help. What is the best sounding exhaust????
Depends on what kind of sound you are looking for. If you want a deeper sound then a h-pipe and Magnaflow might be what you want. Corsa and x-pipe will have much higher pitched sound. Roush has a very aggressive sound. I like the Borla S type.

I suggest you go on YouTube and listen to different exhausts with some headphones on.

331GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
1995 DFG GT vert, 2019 Oxford White GT PP1
i went with roush. i probably just went and got it on too much of a whim-i listened to exhaust clips and videos on youtube plenty but was more concerned about overall volume difference between axle back and full catback without a resonator. i like the sound of the roush, dont get me wrong, it's fantastic, and there's a reason why it's so popular. i dont regret it, but i wish i would have listened to more videos for differences or better yet, heard a few in person. that's not always the easiest thing to do without being a pain in the ass asking people to come meet up so you can hear their car, but i guess some people dont mind. i wouldnt personally.

bottom line-there's no "best" just preference. that being said, there's a reason why people buy more of certain ones. in the pushrod 5.0 days everyone seemed to want flows, mac, magnaflow, etc. now it seems to be corsa, borla, roush, mbre, etc.

cahouston

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT A10 Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Best sounding exhaust on a V8? Fender exit straight pipe coming off a big turbo.

Oxford19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Erik
Vehicle(s)
2019 5.0GT PP
It’s all personal preference. What sounds best to someone may sound like garbage to the next guy. I went with the MBRP cat back for my active exhaust car and love it. Goes from factory quiet to full on loud-mode…which is usually where it stays and has 0 drone to boot.

MD_

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2016 Premium w/ Performance Package
Absolutely LOVE my Thermal R&D.
Sponsored