Best Exhasut for Crackle on decel or down shift

HopGoblin55

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
2022 Eruption Green Mach 1 Elite + HP
I have been listening and reading as much as possible about all the options from x/h pipes, kooks headers and everything in between but I cannot find what I miss about my Scat Pack. On down shift I would get nice crackle and deep pops (completely stock) when the car was warm and exhaust valves open. Does anyone have a set up that will pass emissions that does that?
Sponsored

OP
OP
HopGoblin55

HopGoblin55

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
Try running true dual exhaust.
No crossover (No H, X pipe or OEM resonator).
Ok I am up for anything; I love the aggressive tone of the headers but the lack of sound on the bottom end left more to be desired

LethalSteveG

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2018 Saleen Yellow Label

Sponsored

FUN2RIDEFAST

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium/PP
Vehicle Showcase
I have been listening and reading as much as possible about all the options from x/h pipes, kooks headers and everything in between but I cannot find what I miss about my Scat Pack. On down shift I would get nice crackle and deep pops (completely stock) when the car was warm and exhaust valves open. Does anyone have a set up that will pass emissions that does that?
Roush Axle backs and X pipe. Noisy but sounds great. Cold starts are obnoxious. Lol

Beaujangles

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
My Bullitt has plenty of "crackle & pop" with a Steeda X pipe and tune...and I love it in Track.

JFBullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
My Bullitt has plenty of "crackle & pop" with a Steeda X pipe and tune...and I love it in Track.
The Bullitt has a burble tune that I think is unique to it, and no other Mustang. Pretty sure I've seen screenshots of it tuning discussions.

As far as OP, I'm sure its the same with the LX cars. Manufacturers mainly create pops and backfires this through tuning these days.

I don't know if an exahust alone will do that for you on this platform.

SBR70.3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT Premium, 23 Explorer ST, 19 GTI (DD)
The Gibson on my GT does this and I get a lot of compliments on the sound. Underrated exhaust on this car.

Sponsored

agmattocks

Unstabled Mate
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
UMMC 026 - 2021 MACH 1 w/ handling package
Mine does it all the time on decel and i have MBRP race 3" h-pipe cat back and tune.

OP
OP
HopGoblin55

HopGoblin55

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
If anyone has videos please post and feel free to loop anyone else in with the same questions I have had because for me I know the amount of options and conflicting info out there is way too much to try and sift through especially for something as subjective as exhaust notes

PKs

PK's
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Fastback
I have been shown on HP Tuners software that there is a very slight burble inbuilt on decel. This can be enhanced with the tuning software.
Sponsored