Sponsored

Mach1 options for 2-piece Front Rotors, who’s makes best one?

Prodigal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
What did you do in the rear? It’s doesn’t appear GiroDisc makes rear rotors for the S550 which is weird since they make them for other mustangs and a bunch of other performance cars.
I like the look and weight savings of the Giro but I want to replace all 4 corners and don’t really want to mix and match. Steeda is my #2 choice I guess but they aren’t as nice or as light as the GiroDisc.
Sponsored

OP
OP
WCRookie99

WCRookie99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
G
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2010 Porsche Carrera S, 2022 LH5
What did you do in the rear? It’s doesn’t appear GiroDisc makes rear rotors for the S550 which is weird since they make them for other mustangs and a bunch of other performance cars.
I like the look and weight savings of the Giro but I want to replace all 4 corners and don’t really want to mix and match. Steeda is my #2 choice I guess but they aren’t as nice or as light as the GiroDisc.
Right, didn’t touch the rear. Love to save weight but not really worth the money unless you’re endurance racing

Flyhalf

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Alessandro
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 18 10speed auto PP1 , GT500 '21
Right, didn’t touch the rear. Love to save weight but not really worth the money unless you’re endurance racing
The best rear available 2 pieces are the Kenny brown rear one (by BAER).
The alternative but less elegant and not the best design are the steeda.

The KB has the biggest weight saving. 4lbs if i remember well
But most important. Is the vents.
They are normal and not reverse for a way better cooling.
I run my race car with girodisc front and KB rear. Is ok to mix. Also front wear faster than re as r anyway.

Screenshot_20230121-185433.png

traxiii

Mustang is my middle name
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Thunderbird F150 & '22 Mach 1 on order.
I kinda like the Steedas because you can get them slotted w/o the drilled holes (which just accelerate cracking).

baer, girodisc, steeda.
I've had cross drilled on a couple of cars and they never lasted long enough to crack.