Sponsored

Best all-season tire for staggered setup?

Kenbike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO Mustang GT convertible loaded
Anyone have experience with the PS4S All Season? They are more costly than the PS A/3S+ and seem to have more performance capabilities. Not as many sizes but I found a 19' that would work.
Sponsored

spaz mk will

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
Anyone have experience with the PS4S All Season? They are more costly than the PS A/3S+ and seem to have more performance capabilities. Not as many sizes but I found a 19' that would work.
They are the base C8 tire. You can get some slight information from those reviews. Tire Rack finally has a test on them as well. Doubtful many people here have them, as the sizing isn’t (yet) what the majority of folks would be after. I’m personally eyeing them to replace my 255/40 OEM Pirelli A/S assuming they add that size next summer (supposed date for the 2nd size batch)

Genxer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT / Perf pack / DIB
Vehicle Showcase
Just installed them today on a staggered stance. They feel great so far, but full traction not unlocked yet. Still has that new tire compound I need to wear off. Turn response feels great so far though.
I have the Michelins too and they are great. In fact, I'm about to replace the rears and have been looking for anything else comparable that costs less. Al the reviews keep pointing me back to them as the superior all-season tire. Hard pressed to leave them. Others I've seen are rated good but not "as good". I want the best dry traction but I also want traction when it's 30F outside. In the Dallas area I don't know anyone who has two sets of tires for the seasons. It can be 80 in December and the next day 30, but I won't drive it in the snow. There are probably summer tires with better traction, but from what I've read the Pilot Sport A/S 3+ is not far behind them. My PP started out with Pirelli summers and the honeymoon was over when it got cold and I started spinning all the time.

SAY WHAT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang Gt
I have the new all season 4 tires you can search my profile for the review

spaz mk will

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
I have the new all season 4 tires you can search my profile for the review
Ah I remember reading that. Do you have additional thoughts? With the weather turning, I’m assuming you’re getting some good data on colder weather use.

Sponsored

TopJimmyCooks

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Prem PP; 2019 EcoBoost Prem
Vehicle Showcase
I will second the votes for A/S3+. Best a/s tires I have ever had.

321speedracer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt convertible
Have you drag raced in these or done track time with them? Curious to know how well they do vs the stock pirelli tires. I know they are leagues ahead but would like to know by how much? My mustang is 2017 with FBO and e85

SAY WHAT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang Gt
Ah I remember reading that. Do you have additional thoughts? With the weather turning, I’m assuming you’re getting some good data on colder weather use.
I swapped back to my ps4s tires to enjoy them for the last bit of warm weather we are getting. I broke in the new all season 4 tires currently around 600 miles on them. Ill be swapping back to them shortly.

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Are you talking about the new Michelin A/S4 tires? If yes, can you please tell us the difference in cabin noise at highway speeds between the A/S4s and the summer P4Ss, especially in rough pavement? The current Michelin P4Ss are not quite deafening, but close. WAY noisier than I'd like on the prevalent rough asphalt where I live (desert southwest). Hopefully the A/S4s are noticeably quieter, so I don't have to do anything else to the car :). Thank you.

Genxer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT / Perf pack / DIB
Vehicle Showcase
Just ordered new rears for mine and opted again for the Michelin Pilot Sport A/S3+.

The Yokohama Advan A/S tire looks like an interesting choice. I’ve used Yokos a lot on my Hondas and they’ve been great tires. The price is very tempting. At Discount Tire, 2 of them with road hazard warranty are $100 cheaper than the 2 Michelins without the warranty. Maybe at some point I’ll try them.

Sponsored

SAY WHAT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang Gt
Are you talking about the new Michelin A/S4 tires? If yes, can you please tell us the difference in cabin noise at highway speeds between the A/S4s and the summer P4Ss, especially in rough pavement? The current Michelin P4Ss are not quite deafening, but close. WAY noisier than I'd like on the prevalent rough asphalt where I live (desert southwest). Hopefully the A/S4s are noticeably quieter, so I don't have to do anything else to the car :). Thank you.
pretty sure i covered that in my review post.

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Don't remember reading ANY A/S4 review, so hopefully somebody more helpful will chime in later.

But will check now if they're even available in my sizes (255/275-40-19), since they started with only limited sizes.

SAY WHAT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang Gt
Don't remember reading ANY A/S4 review, so hopefully somebody more helpful will chime in later.

But will check now if they're even available in my sizes (255/275-40-19), since they started with only limited sizes.
You responded to the two threads I posted the reviews on.
Sponsored