Sponsored

Ben Calimer stage 3 help

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Any BC stage 3 guys out there have any issues with their trans? Currently mine is making some metal on metal type of noise but once I go thru all 6 gears the noise stops after warming up, it only happens when it’s cold then when it warms up the noise stops, I have a video of the noise that it’s making too, it’s paired with a twin disk RXT, I’m not sure if it’s a part of it but it’s also misfiring in every cylinder, misfiring under low load, any type of help is appreciated

Sponsored

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Did you do a crank relearn after the clutch install? How many miles have you put on your stage 3?

I had some misfires on multiple cylinders after I installed my clutch and a crank relearn cleared everything up.

OP
OP
Theprotagonist69
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Yes crank relearn has been done twice, spark plugs have been changed as well, both have 1500 miles on them

Sponsored

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
NA, mild bolt ons, gapped to .053, the misfire issue started when the trans and clutch was swapped
High mileage car? Did you install a new crank sensor? I put a new one in with my clutch just because I was right there and had easy access to it. I believe they’re only about $40. That’s about the only other thing I can think of.

OP
OP
Theprotagonist69
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Yeah a little over 144k and no that hasn’t been changed, this the second Ben Calimer trans I’ve had, first one was a stage 1 and I’ve had 3 different clutches and none of these issues have happened till I had the stage 3 and TD RXT installed

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Yeah a little over 144k and no that hasn’t been changed, this the second Ben Calimer trans I’ve had, first one was a stage 1 and I’ve had 3 different clutches and none of these issues have happened till I had the stage 3 and TD RXT installed
I’d try a new sensor if I were you. You should be able to access it from the top, although removing the intake manifold will make it much easier to reach the retaining screw.

Unas2k5

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Samer
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, 2021 Explorer ,2019 Impala
Mine doesn’t make that much noise but then again I only drive my car after it read oil temp “normal”. I make sure it’s warmed up. Here’s a video a couple days ago I sent to my friend. He has a tick built t56 in his gen 2. I told him his was way too noisy. Sounded broken actually.

Sponsored