Steeda UK

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.steeda.co.uk
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs
Dear all, the world of exhausts can be a confusing one, so we just made a basic blog post which might help out with some of the confusing and varied terms involved etc.

The post can be viewed HERE:

The Steeda UK "Best Exhaust" Guide

Also we just received the good news that the Kooks headers for RHD cars which have been in development for a while are now nearly ready for the first production run. We will offer a group buy / launch offer to celebrate, so if you are interested put your name down here.

The offer can be either for a Kooks catback system, Kooks Axle back system, or the new headers about to be released. Or a full exhaust system including headers and catback! Getting the full system at the same time is the only way to guarantee a true 3" 'start to finish' system.

We will be adding the headers info to our website over the next few days, so stay tuned.

Here are some sexy pics to excite. I love Kooks stuff!

Kooks Axle back: (they also do a straight through no silencer one)
Kooks-Axle-back-11516200-View-4-big.jpg

Kooks Catback
Kooks-S550-Mustang-Catback-with-X-pipe.jpg

Kooks Headers;
Kooks-V8-GT-Mustang-Headers.jpg

Kooks Full system:
Kooks-S550-Mustang-GT-Full-System-Off-Road-X.jpg

KOOKS INTRO OFFER:
List your name here!

Sponsored

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
Hi there

I am getting some Kooks headers and was in discussion with another UK company, but I have not made any payment yet, so of course I shall buy from who gives the best price.

Some questions:

1. Your Kooks headers, will there be any options, such as de-cat, catted, green cats, ceramic coating, 1 7/8 and 1 3/4 etc?
2. Do these fit up to a Corsa sport catback without issue?
3. What will the prices be? :D

I have money ready! :)

OP
OP
Steeda UK

Steeda UK

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.steeda.co.uk
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs
Hi there

I am getting some Kooks headers and was in discussion with another UK company, but I have not made any payment yet, so of course I shall buy from who gives the best price.

Some questions:

1. Your Kooks headers, will there be any options, such as de-cat, catted, green cats, ceramic coating, 1 7/8 and 1 3/4 etc?
2. Do these fit up to a Corsair sport catback without issue?
3. What will the prices be? :D

I have money ready! :)
give me the money and I will answer the questions, haha!

Quick Kooks Guide:

Primary sizes come in 1 3/4" and 1 7/8" as stated above. generally you will want the 1 3/4" for NA cars and the larger size for Forced induction cars.

Options include:
1. Decat
2. Kooks Hi Flow cats
3. Green Super High QL cats - Again mainly for people with Forced induction, or for people really keen to have an amazing cat (i.e track users etc)

They should fit to nearly all "standard" aftermarket systems.

You can however buy a full Kooks system that deletes the OEM narrowing at the cat area, to stay a true 3" all the way system. This is however only available as a complete system, as it wont work with anything else.

Pricing will be up on our website soon. Offer pricing will depend on who wants what and how many people want things... One thing I will say is that the Green Cat option does really boost the price up!

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
give me the money and I will answer the questions, haha!

Quick Kooks Guide:

Primary sizes come in 1 3/4" and 1 7/8" as stated above. generally you will want the 1 3/4" for NA cars and the larger size for Forced induction cars.

Options include:
1. Decat
2. Kooks Hi Flow cats
3. Green Super High QL cats - Again mainly for people with Forced induction, or for people really keen to have an amazing cat (i.e track users etc)

They should fit to nearly all "standard" aftermarket systems.

You can however buy a full Kooks system that deletes the OEM narrowing at the cat area, to stay a true 3" all the way system. This is however only available as a complete system, as it wont work with anything else.

Pricing will be up on our website soon. Offer pricing will depend on who wants what and how many people want things... One thing I will say is that the Green Cat option does really boost the price up!

From the research I did the whole green cat was that they flow nearly as well as de-cats and should reduce emissions still, was not aware they are a higher quality cat.

Who is the OEM for the cat, do you know? HJS?

I think most will agree that 1 7/8" is the ideal size as it loses hardly nothing to the 1 3/4" on an NA setup but does gain a lot more on FI, so its always the wise choice, as should you go FI in the future you already got the right headers.

I'd like a price please on:
1 7/8" headers with catted and green cats options, would like to see the price difference. :)

P.S. Do you know the cel ratio for the kooks and green cats, are they 100, 200 or 400cpi?

Bronzetooth

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
We've chatted about this in the past so you know I'm down for some catted headers 1 7/8" please, so it keeps my options open down the line.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Steeda UK

Steeda UK

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.steeda.co.uk
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs
Both Kooks and Green are 300 CEL cats. The Greens flow very nicely (as do the Kooks ones!) but the Green have a way higher platinum content so give better emissions results (they are EPA certified!) and also have a stronger construction as they are rated to 1500C (!!!) hence why they are a good option for a track user.

Most good quality high flow cats flow almost as well as decats, and of course keep you road legal, which is why my personal recommendation is always to stay catted when possible. Decats can offer appeal for budget and maximum noise and flame throwing reasons of course, but cats offer the sensible and legal solution.

1. Gibbo
2. Bronzetooth

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Both Kooks and Green are 300 CEL cats. The Greens flow very nicely (as do the Kooks ones!) but the Green have a way higher platinum content so give better emissions results (they are EPA certified!) and also have a stronger construction as they are rated to 1500C (!!!) hence why they are a good option for a track user.

1. Gibbo
2. Bronzetooth

OK pricing on both please, but will most likely go for greens as most high-flow cats still fail emission test here in UK, so the greens are likely a must, though at 300 cel count I'd think both will pass. Most European high flow cats are 100-200 cel count. :)

Also for others to note, adding cats will calm any rasp down a lot, going de-cat on these cars I suspect can and will get raspy.

GR11M

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Graham
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
l'm interested in the headers, although I'll probably need some guidance on the exact spec. I have a Borla sport exhaust.

kapiteinlangzaam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.0 GT Coupe 6MT PP1
Daft question (maybe).

Do EU LHD cars use the US spec headers, or the RHD GB ones?

I would always presume US spec, but when I had my Magnaflow X pipe put on the car a few weeks ago, the tech said that the headers on my car 'made no sense' as to how they were routed, and in his words - "must flow like shit" :)

So, im curious as to whether theyve just fitted all NON-USDM cars with RHD headers?

And, in addition - will the Kooks items fit LHD cars anyway?

Sponsored

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Daft question (maybe).

Do EU LHD cars use the US spec headers, or the RHD GB ones?

I would always presume US spec, but when I had my Magnaflow X pipe put on the car a few weeks ago, the tech said that the headers on my car 'made no sense' as to how they were routed, and in his words - "must flow like shit" :)

So, im curious as to whether theyve just fitted all NON-USDM cars with RHD headers?

And, in addition - will the Kooks items fit LHD cars anyway?

To my knowledge only RHD have cripped headers to accommodate steering column. So in theory you would need LHD versions, but I am not 100% sure.

The stock LHD shorty headers are actually not so bad, typical gains going LT headers is only around 20-30BHP.

Only RHD cars that see much bigger gains of around 50BHP simply because Ford hacked up our headers for the steering column resulting in quite a flow drop sacrificing power.

666mac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT cars name (HAMMER)
I'd like a set of headers
1 7/8" headers with catted and green cats options,
Thanks

kapiteinlangzaam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.0 GT Coupe 6MT PP1
To my knowledge only RHD have cripped headers to accommodate steering column. So in theory you would need LHD versions, but I am not 100% sure.

The stock LHD shorty headers are actually not so bad, typical gains going LT headers is only around 20-30BHP.

Only RHD cars that see much bigger gains of around 50BHP simply because Ford hacked up our headers for the steering column resulting in quite a flow drop sacrificing power.
Yes, indeed. I always thought the LHD headers were quite 'OK'... so was surprised at the techs comment.

Any easy (visual) way to check?

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes, indeed. I always thought the LHD headers were quite 'OK'... so was surprised at the techs comment.

Any easy (visual) way to check?
No idea, maybe check in Europe section I am sure some of the German guys must of fitted headers to their cars now and done some tuning, especially for those autobahn runs. :)

WOLFMAN

wolfman
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stewart
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang fast back 5.0 V8
I'd like a price please on:
1 7/8" headers with catted and green cats options, would like to see the price difference. I have a FR Borla Touring Cat back with x pipe will they fit.:shrug:
Sponsored