Sponsored

Battery disconnect for 6 months, Question ?

treecutter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ecoboost Premium 6 speed manual, F-450 pickup, Jeep TJ. Dodge Ram Cummins diesel 2500
I'll be putting away my EB for 6 months so the question is, once the battery is disconnected, will the doors open/shut because the windows cannot go up/down the quarter inch.
Sponsored

VooDooDaddy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium
The windows will open/close as long as you don't push the lock button(s) before you disconnect the battery, but the windows will not roll all the way up, as there will be no power for the electric motors/actuators to roll them all the way up. Simple logic really?

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
Battery Tender? I can't imagine parking my car for 6 months. That would be tough to do.

OP
OP
treecutter

treecutter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ecoboost Premium 6 speed manual, F-450 pickup, Jeep TJ. Dodge Ram Cummins diesel 2500
But if the doors are shut and then the battery is disconnected, will they open or should they be left open and then disconnect the battery. Battery tender is out of the question. My place is in the Canadian bush, Algonquin Park, I am off the grid, the snow is deep, the temperature gets down to 40 below. I spend every winter in North Carolina, U.S.A.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
But if the doors are shut and then the battery is disconnected, will they open or should they be left open and then disconnect the battery. Battery tender is out of the question. My place is in the Canadian bush, Algonquin Park, I am off the grid, the snow is deep, the temperature gets down to 40 below. I spend every winter in North Carolina, U.S.A.
Take the damn car down to North Carolina!!!! And move permanently!!! Hell, leave the car in N.C. and take a rental back to Canadaland!!!

You can be off the grid in N.C.

Sponsored

OP
OP
treecutter

treecutter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hello NoVaGT, I'd love to do that but I drive my F450 with a slide in truck camper that I stay in and pull my sailboat so that won't work. I wish I could live in N.C. all year but Canadians are only allowed to stay in the U.S. for 6 months every calendar year.
DSC01161.JPG

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
Hello NoVaGT, I'd love to do that but I drive my F450 with a slide in truck camper that I stay in and pull my sailboat so that won't work. I wish I could live in N.C. all year but Canadians are only allowed to stay in the U.S. for 6 months every calendar year.
DSC01161.JPG
Well, just disconnect the battery, and don't open/close the door until you plug the battery back in. Remember to leave the hood un-latched.

OP
OP
treecutter

treecutter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks NoVaGT, That confirms what I was sort of thinking. That's what I'll do.

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01/'09/'19 Bullitt, '90 GT, '00 Corvette FRC
If you lower the windows a bit and disconnect the battery, you will be good to go. I had to do this at an indoor car show where the batteries were disconnected for safety reasons. I left the doors unlocked so I could get it and out of the car or open the hood. So if you are locking the doors, don't forget you wouldn't have a way to get into the engine compartment if the hood is closed, hence the good suggestion above to leave it open.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
Thanks NoVaGT, That confirms what I was sort of thinking. That's what I'll do.
Or like Tony suggested, just lower the windows a tiny bit before you disconnect the battery. That way you can get in and out of the car.

Smart suggestion Tony!!!

Sponsored

TexasRebel

Gearshifter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 YZ GTPP - PP2
The slight drop in the window is not necessary for the door to open/close, but aids in proper sealing.

The bigger annoyance is that without a battery the trunk is locked (unless it's a convertible).

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
I wish I could live in N.C. all year but Canadians are only allowed to stay in the U.S. for 6 months every calendar year.
Nobody made you chose a state without any sanctuary cities/counties. :wink:

Jimmy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jimmy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP 6MT
What happens if my battery dies while the windows are fully rolled up?

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
The slight drop in the window is not necessary for the door to open/close, but aids in proper sealing.

The bigger annoyance is that without a battery the trunk is locked (unless it's a convertible).
Gotta crawl through the back seats!!!
Sponsored