Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay m
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Hey guys,

Took my mustang out of storage today.
2019 Mustang GT. I clicked the battery cover back on, but the little clips are a bitch to get in. Managed to get one click in, but it feels loose... The other 2 will not go in, not sure what i’m doing right ..

Any help?
Sponsored

GT450

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT mustang manual
Hey guys,

Took my mustang out of storage today.
2019 Mustang GT. I clicked the battery cover back on, but the little clips are a bitch to get in. Managed to get one click in, but it feels loose... The other 2 will not go in, not sure what i’m doing right ..

Any help?
They are fiddly little creatures and sure as Monday follows Sunday if you don't get the holes lined up you will drop one never to be seen again. I used some Christmas tree clips that just push in and they look like they should be there . You can get them at any auto store in various pack sizes and if you lose one so what. The genuine article are 2 piece , as you are aware, and the dealers charge more than adequately for them.

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
I wouldnt stress it. oem ones are like 5 bucks each and the aftermarket ones bust off anyway. i go to point i just don't clip it in at all and you know what. it stays in and doesn't move just fine. Ford loves them clips the car has about 17 different kinds and al of them either break or fall out. and ford wants top dollar for replacements. There is one on the front side of the front tire well that is a push to release one. on my car and two of my friends cars those have both just fallen out. Long story short find a cheap replacement or just leave them out like I do.

Sponsored

ORRadtech

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang EcoBoost convertible, 14 Ford Fusion SE
Really any one or two piece push pin will work as long as the size is fairly close. I bought a bunch for a car that was like 4 cars ago and they've worked fine for every car in between.
Someplace on here there's a thread where someone put something more permanent, or at least easier to r&r and keep track of. I'm sure if you search you'll find it.

Dfeeds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
1997 Mustang (5.0 HO swap), 2019 Mustang GT PP1
I wouldnt stress it. oem ones are like 5 bucks each and the aftermarket ones bust off anyway. i go to point i just don't clip it in at all and you know what. it stays in and doesn't move just fine. Ford loves them clips the car has about 17 different kinds and al of them either break or fall out. and ford wants top dollar for replacements. There is one on the front side of the front tire well that is a push to release one. on my car and two of my friends cars those have both just fallen out. Long story short find a cheap replacement or just leave them out like I do.

I'm missing that exact same pin LOL.

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
It's better to have a push-pin/rivet-pin that can be removed without tools on there, in case you need a jump or something.

lacanteen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2022 EB premium vert, 2013 Escape, 2017 F150 SC5.0

inspecto

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
mike
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
I just use black tie wraps just cut off and use new ones when ya have to.

Sponsored

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None

frank s

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.fsheff.com
First Name
frank
Vehicle(s)
Stang '19 Magnetic, EcoBoost™, Vert, MagneRide® PP
Vehicle Showcase
I just got these: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07BHD4QJ3/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 . And they worked perfectly. In fact, they're actually better than the stock ones. Just need to find a washer for the first one (closest to the right fender), since the clip is a little loose, but the OEM was too. For some reason, the thickness is less there, for some reason.
This is the washer I used: VW Part#: 111-857-795 WH U , from airheadparts.com . They have Black as well. I figured the white ones would be easier to recognize and find.
Sponsored