Sponsored

Base stereo, powered sub with high level inputs?

Mattwood440

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Base, Performance Package
I was looking into wiring in a powered sub which has both high and low level inputs. I don't want to buy a line out converter because I'm planning on swapping out the receiver this year. I want to use the high level inputs from the rear speakers for now. The car is a GT with the 6 speaker system.

1. Does the occupancy mode adjust timing or volume or both?
2. If so, if I leave it to "all passengers" would I be fine afa the sub is concerned
3. Are there any other audio signal gimmicks from Ford that would prevent this type of hookup from working or that I should know about?

Thanks
Sponsored

OP
OP

Mattwood440

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nothing? Occupancy mode anyone?

PatrickHenninger

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - Oxford White
I have the base stereo as well in my 15 GT, and installed a Rockville 12" powered sub with an integrated LOC. (High level inputs)
I don't notice much of a change in the subs performance when changing occupancy mode, but I can't give you any kind of scientific answer.

OP
OP

Mattwood440

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have the base stereo as well in my 15 GT, and installed a Rockville 12" powered sub with an integrated LOC. (High level inputs)
I don't notice much of a change in the subs performance when changing occupancy mode, but I can't give you any kind of scientific answer.
Hey, better than nothing. Thank you very much. I'm doing mine this weekend. It may not matter for long, though. It looks like the dash kits are FINALLY starting to come out (I got my car in Nov 14) and I'm definitely going to put the stock receiver in the trash asap

SergeyMelnik

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sergey
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Occupancy mode is time alignment. If youre driving alone set this to driver and it will sound much better. The front left speaker is delayed the most following the front right then rear left and rear right is not delayed at all.

Hook the sub line level to the rear right speaker. The best spot for the sub would be as close to the rear seat as possible.
Sponsored