Sponsored

Base or PP1?

Calastrophe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jetta
Hey guys, I'm looking to buy a S550 here soon, but in the future of the car I plan on TT'ing it and I was just wondering if the PP1 was even worth looking into buying just for modifications that it adds to the car if I plan on taking said car to the drag strip or just having it as a street car, would the PP1 be worth or should I just get base and add modifcations on my own time, or is it worth getting the PP1 and just adding supporting modifications needed.
Sponsored

Vstang2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
I went with base as I wanted my own choice of parts. I knew I wanted different wheels , suspension , spoiler ect . I didn't see the sense in paying for items I knew id take off.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
Base for me. I wanted the lightest version of the s550. Then I could add lighter/stronger parts. Cause either way I was gonna mod the car anyways.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
I went with a PP1 mustang. That worked for me, I wanted a car to drive not to modify and work on. It will most likely never be tracked. I will make some IRS upgrades to the car. I thought it was a good value for my needs. I guess it depends on you and what you want. If you want to build your own car I would not spend the money on PP1 things you will probably replace. A PP1 for a daily driver is ok but if you want comfort would stay with a regular GT, same for drag racing.

Vstang2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
While I did buy a base model I did get the 401A package. Performance mods are everywhere but I didn't wanna fool with the interior so ingot the best I could.....digital dash was a must.

Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
While I did buy a base model I did get the 401A package. Performance mods are everywhere but I didn't wanna fool with the interior so ingot the best I could.....digital dash was a must.
Huh? 401a is only available on the premium car. 301a is the upgrade package on the base and it does not have the digital dash.

Justin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2020 Grabber Lime GT Premium
Huh? 401a is only available on the premium car. 301a is the upgrade package on the base and it does not have the digital dash.
I think by base they mean non-PP car. Not a true base.

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500
I went through the exact same evaluation and picked the PP because of the Torsen diff and the extra radiator. Regretting not getting Magnaride though.

Sponsored

DarkHor$e

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
RaceRed '17 PP Base- Sold!!!
It was 3k when i got it in '17, but now it's 5k. Same stuff. Have you thought of a lightly used PP1 car?
'Base' - no Torsion, no center gauges, no strut bar, lighter duty springs, no lower body reinforcement plates. No go for me.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
pp1 brakes are super good for what the package costs.
True.. but if brakes is all I'm after I'd just go Wilwood AERO6 Big Brake Front Brake Kit. 15" rotors and much lighter the the pp1 brembos setup.

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I was on the same boat, and I already removed a 'base' (non-PP1) GT from consideration. If you want comfort, the PP1/MR combination is reportedly actually better than the base suspension. Maybe not softer, but definitely more compliant. I'm not going to be able to confirm that tomorrow, since I'll only be driving a Bullitt (no other GTs available), but I'll be able to confirm if it's compliant enough :D. And I fully expect it to be, based on the myriad of excellent feedback I got on my thread. Furthermore, when you want the car to become a fire-breathing dragon, it reportedly handles miles better than a base GT in sport (or track) mode. And you can also transform the exhaust from quiet to almost obnoxious, so make sure to also get the Active Exhaust. Hope this helps.

Rock&Roll

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Stick- 2022 VW GTI Stick -2011 HD Fatboy
pp1 brakes are super good for what the package costs.
they are but let’s not downplay the stock GT brakes that also really good. ( I realize you didn’t do that dude )

I went with the Premium ( and not a PP ) mainly because I hate black rims I thought the 3.73 gear ratio was to quick of a shift in 1st gear YMMV

I will say that at the time in 2016 all the other things PP added where a bargain. Brakes , radiator suspension 3.73 ( if you like that ) and the cool extra gauges. But you have to like black wheels and many people do.
Sponsored