Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Alessandro
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 18 10speed auto PP1 , GT500 '21
I'd say :eyeroll:

The fact that you compare it to a ricer civic shows just how little you know

Oh, hey Alessandro! Didn't realize that was you!
WasSup jake. Today if I have enough time I'll dyno the car .
I have already 2 DYNOs .OEM. And CATBACK. Today will be with 100 oct and friction reducer. You know I like to debunk myths :)
I already found a catback give 12whp on 91 oct .
Now I'll see what is the real potential on better octane gas with a touch of friction reducer :)
Sponsored

Flyhalf

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Alessandro
Vehicle(s)
Oh, you'd be surprised. Seen them. Had paired front/back on both my BMWs for tiedown use. Have friends that use them when obligatory at track days. But, none of them leave them on the rest of the time. And I don't believe I used the term "ricer".
I mostly track my car ..yesterday i changed my trans fluid at the dealership and there was this pp2 :)

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Oh, you'd be surprised. Seen them. Had paired front/back on both my BMWs for tiedown use. Have friends that use them when obligatory at track days. But, none of them leave them on the rest of the time. And I don't believe I used the term "ricer".
Yep, and like your BMW, they're on his car (and mine) as mount points... more specifically in case of an issue at the track. They certainly aren't there just to look cool, as you infer

WasSup jake. Today if I have enough time I'll dyno the car .
I have already 2 DYNOs .OEM. And CATBACK. Today will be with 100 oct and friction reducer. You know I like to debunk myths :)
I already found a catback give 12whp on 91 oct .
Now I'll see what is the real potential on better octane gas with a touch of friction reducer :)
Good to hear! I'll keep an eye on Instagram and the facebook pages!

calistag

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium California Special
Add the California Special trim to the PP list of splitters. My '19 GT/CS has the longer splitter and I love it.

Sponsored

Flyhalf

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Alessandro
Vehicle(s)
Happening now. (Working on trans cooler and splitter rods)
This is the underbelly splitter part for my
gt2018 ..
I think it is the same
But please double check
20190602_161657.jpg
20190602_161712_HDR.jpg
20190602_161649.jpg

canyon ed

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ED
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Convertible Premium Auto W/PP1 NVRMADE
Does anyone know the part # for the 2017 Mustang GT PP1 front splitter ? thanks

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Base GT and base ecoboost don't get the vents, PP variants of both get them. Also, the vents aren't necessarily for aero, they're more for brake cooling
NOTE:
The 2018-19 GT and EB w/PP are definitely supposed to have the ventilated lower bumper cover air intake ports on the front bumper cover if the vehicle was optioned with Performance Package.

HOWEVER, not sure if it’s an assembly line issue or possible MY change, but there are guys in another thread on here in the Exterior sub-forum stating that their 2018-19 PP equipped GT’s have closed ports. I found it hard to believe, but some have posted pics of closed ports and others are chiming in that their 19’s are also closed.

See here:
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/2018-front-bumper-corner-honeycombs-removal.120682/

I know for a fact that my prior 2016 PP and current 2018 w/PP has the ventilated ports, along with the proper air intake tract and front inner wheel well liners to exhaust the incoming air over the front wheel.

Sponsored

canyon ed

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ED
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Convertible Premium Auto W/PP1 NVRMADE
NOTE:
The 2018-19 GT and EB w/PP are definitely supposed to have the ventilated lower bumper cover air intake ports on the front bumper cover if the vehicle was optioned with Performance Package.

HOWEVER, not sure if it’s an assembly line issue or possible MY change, but there are guys in another thread on here in the Exterior sub-forum stating that their 2018-19 PP equipped GT’s have closed ports. I found it hard to believe, but some have posted pics of closed ports and others are chiming in that their 19’s are also closed.

See here:
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/2018-front-bumper-corner-honeycombs-removal.120682/

I know for a fact that my prior 2016 PP and current 2018 w/PP has the ventilated ports, along with the proper air intake tract and front inner wheel well liners to exhaust the incoming air over the front wheel.
Any pics of your 16 GTPP1 set up together and apart

Arthonon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
If I remember right, and that's definitely questionable, the non PP cars have the front bumper corner vents open for aerodynamics - they create airflow around the front tires - and with the PP variant (PP1 at least) they are closed because the wider tires screw up the airflow.

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
NOTE:

See here:

Those aren't the "vents" I'm referring to. What you're talking about are air intakes, and those aren't for brake cooling, they're used to create an air curtain around the wheelwell to reduce drag. The vents I'm talking about are on the lower splash guards that actually direct air up to the backing shield on the LCA that pushes air straight onto the back of the rotors. That splash shield is required in order to run the PP splitter, as the mount points from the splash shield to the splitter are different between the PP and non-PP. The triangle intakes have nothing to do with the front splitter
Sponsored