Sponsored

Base Model R Club

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
I just noticed this thread! Here is my 2017 base GT350R with chassis number HR472
JamesShelbyPic3.jpg

JamesShelbyPic4.jpg

JamesShelbyPic2.jpg

[/QUOTE]

Terrific looking vehicle model and welcome to our small club of Base R owners.

Looks like you have done what many of us other owners have done and gone out and bought some floor mats for your car?

I always seemed to get the 2 Gray colors mixed up therefore is your car Avalanche Gray or Magnetic Gray?

V8 Voodoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F-150 XLT 5.0 V8

Looks like you have done what many of us other owners have done and gone out and bought some floor mats for your car?

I always seemed to get the 2 Gray colors mixed up therefore is your car Avalanche Gray or Magnetic Gray?
[/QUOTE]
That would be Magnetic Gray. Avalanche Gray looks like primer.

OP
OP
jpsomner

jpsomner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350R base, chassis # G0089(GR015), Blk/wht

Floor mats??? There go the weight savings... :)

Last edited:

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)

That would be Magnetic Gray. Avalanche Gray looks like primer.
[/QUOTE]

Appreciate you confirming that "HR472" is in fact Magnetic Gray and not Avalance Gray. :like: :like:

With that being the case and based on my records James (he may already know this) just happens to own the only 2017 Base R that the FRAP built in Magnetic Gray.

Congratulations James on owning a 1 of 1 2017 Base R model as it doesn't get much better than that!!

:clap::clap:

Sponsored

James2u

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350R, 1994 Mazda RX7, 2006 Toyota Corolla
Thanks! I knew that I had a rare car, but I didn't find out about how rare until the former owner reached out to me and told me that I had a one of one car in Magnetic Gray without stripes.

This car was a present to myself after I took early retirement from my Federal job at Homeland Security.

I was looking for a Base R and it took me about 3 months of looking on the internet back in 2020. Finally, I found one for the right price at an Audi dealership in Colorado. This was during Covid when travels were limited. After the deal was made, I had the car shipped to me in an enclosed trailer and the car arrived in about two weeks.

When I bought the car, it had 12,832 miles. Now, it has a little over 13,500 miles on it. I tried to take it out as much as I can, but life does get in the way. My other toy, a 1994 Mazda RX7, takes a lot of my time. That car is set-up for autocross racing in Super Street Modified class. Both cars are fun to drive and I love the high RPM capabilities of each.

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Thanks! I knew that I had a rare car, but I didn't find out about how rare until the former owner reached out to me and told me that I had a one of one car in Magnetic Gray without stripes.

This car was a present to myself after I took early retirement from my Federal job at Homeland Security.

I was looking for a Base R and it took me about 3 months of looking on the internet back in 2020. Finally, I found one for the right price at an Audi dealership in Colorado. This was during Covid when travels were limited. After the deal was made, I had the car shipped to me in an enclosed trailer and the car arrived in about two weeks.

When I bought the car, it had 12,832 miles. Now, it has a little over 13,500 miles on it. I tried to take it out as much as I can, but life does get in the way. My other toy, a 1994 Mazda RX7, takes a lot of my time. That car is set-up for autocross racing in Super Street Modified class. Both cars are fun to drive and I love the high RPM capabilities of each.
Just to be clear there was only 1 Base R model that was ordered in Magnetic Gray for the 2017 MY regardless of the stripe or painted Black roof option therefore that is what makes your R model very rare.

As far as your 2017 Magnetic Gray R model being a 1 of 1 example without stripes, I am not sure where the previous owner got his information as there were 11 R's ordered in Magnetic Gray and without stripes for 2017 with HR472 being 1 of the 11 cars. :wink:

James2u

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350R, 1994 Mazda RX7, 2006 Toyota Corolla
I think my previous owner stated that my car is a one of one that is a 2017 my Base R in Magnetic Gray without stripes, meaning that there are no other Base R model in Magnetic Gray in color.

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)

Sponsored