Base Model R Club

Unoefx

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2016 Gt350R
That could work but you might want to call this dealership and ask them the background on this car based on the very early chassis number and suggest that this car was built in July or August of 2015 therefore one of the very first 2016 R's out there.

I own this car.

Attached is a picture of a 2015 GT350 that I picked up for a friend and drove it back to S.C. with this 2015 GT350 being a former Ford exec car with this dealership purchasing this 2015 GT350 at auction.

This dealership likes to purchase cars from the Manheim Auto Auctions in the Detroit (Ford's most used auction house) area and suggest this R model may have been either a former Ford exec car or possibly a former Track Attack car for when many of us were test driving some of these very early R's back in 2015.

Certainly an Oasis Report could help you out but also suggest that this dealership may be able to provide you with some background on this car as to where it has spent the last 5 years of it's life?

Good luck!
DSCF1575.JPG

obspsd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keller
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Auto Ruby Red
Now that you posted this, I remember that you posted a few pictures in this thread when you bought the car.
Looks great!

Sponsored

Unoefx

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2016 Gt350R
Now that you posted this, I remember that you posted a few pictures in this thread when you bought the car.
Looks great!
I have done a lot to this car . I had passenger door painted as it a deep scratch in it. Wet sanded and buffed entire car. I replaced passenger side wheel , cause I noticed 3 tiny cracks near center of the wheel . I the drove it about 100 miles and noticed another crack started. I found a Mint wheel on eBay under $1500. I have reinstalled speakers in it( four 6.5 inch and 2 tweets in a-pillar and 2 10inch subs, they can be removed easily as I didn’t modify anything to make them work). Im using a JBL GT104 Bluetooth amp and my phone or iPad mini for music, internet, nav or whatever. So no need for headunit. A custom made sub box is being built by me and a friend to work with seat delete(didn’t modify seat delete) houses 2 10” subs and the amp. It has a quick disconnect so it can be removed quickly for track days. It is now tuned on E85 with long tubes and CAI. I do have a procharger for it but not sure I want to do that to this car. Everything I have done is reversible. Also put BMR jack Rails and Steeda Ultimate handling springs and other BMR and Steeda chassis parts. Oh and billet works shift knob

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
I have done a lot to this car . I had passenger door painted as it a deep scratch in it. Wet sanded and buffed entire car. I replaced passenger side wheel , cause I noticed 3 tiny cracks near center of the wheel . I the drove it about 100 miles and noticed another crack started. I found a Mint wheel on eBay under $1500. I have reinstalled speakers in it( four 6.5 inch and 2 tweets in a-pillar and 2 10inch subs, they can be removed easily as I didn’t modify anything to make them work). Im using a JBL GT104 Bluetooth amp and my phone or iPad mini for music, internet, nav or whatever. So no need for headunit. A custom made sub box is being built by me and a friend to work with seat delete(didn’t modify seat delete) houses 2 10” subs and the amp. It has a quick disconnect so it can be removed quickly for track days. It is now tuned on E85 with long tubes and CAI. I do have a procharger for it but not sure I want to do that to this car. Everything I have done is reversible. Also put BMR jack Rails and Steeda Ultimate handling springs and other BMR and Steeda chassis parts. Oh and billet works shift knob
As you can tell I really like your color of paint and stripe combination along with it being a Base R model and happy to hear that all of the modifications that you have done are reversible as this is a pretty cool and rare car.

Of the 159 SB R's built for 2016 only 6 cars came with the Kona Blue OTT stripes with your car obviously being one of them and a total of only 16 Black R's in the Base model form were built with me owning GR107 which was one of them.

Did you purchase this car from Woltz and Wind Ford and since it is a very early build were they able to provide you with any background information for your car?

:sunglasses:
JR157-2.jpg

Unoefx

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2016 Gt350R
As you can tell I really like your color of paint and stripe combination along with it being a Base R model and happy to hear that all of the modifications that you have done are reversible as this is a pretty cool and rare car.

Of the 159 SB R's built for 2016 only 6 cars came with the Kona Blue OTT stripes with your car obviously being one of them and a total of only 16 Black R's in the Base model form were built with me owning GR107 which was one of them.

Did you purchase this car from Woltz and Wind Ford and since it is a very early build were they able to provide you with any background information for your car?

JR157-2.jpg

I did purchase from a good long time friend, we started off together in the car business and he is a purchaser for Woltz and Wind. We couldn’t find out any info on this car besides me being first owner. I did find out the launch managers name that signed car out. I have tried contacting him via Facebook messenger but never got a response.

Unoefx

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2016 Gt350R

JR157-2.jpg
Your car is beautiful by the way

Sponsored

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Keller, pretty cool car for sure and could possibly be a 1 of 1 R and would be terrific to see you part of the Base R model club.

The reason that I say this car may possibly be a 1 of 1 R model for 2017 is based on a friend of mine and myself both ordered 2017 Base R models with my car coming in Ruby Red and with his car coming in Grabber Blue and no OTT stripes therefore this vehicle is at least a 1 of 2 and possibly a 1 of 1.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

I don't know about you but the CF wheels look great on this car and would be nice to have both sets of wheels with the car!

:like::like:

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
I am new here. I purchased GR018 from a Ford Factory auction.
I thought so. I have information on your car that I hope you know about. Please reach out to me if interested.

obspsd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keller
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Auto Ruby Red
Keller, pretty cool car for sure and could possibly be a 1 of 1 R and would be terrific to see you part of the Base R model club.

The reason that I say this car may possibly be a 1 of 1 R model for 2017 is based on a friend of mine and myself both ordered 2017 Base R models with my car coming in Ruby Red and with his car coming in Grabber Blue and no OTT stripes therefore this vehicle is at least a 1 of 2 and possibly a 1 of 1.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

I don't know about you but the CF wheels look great on this car and would be nice to have both sets of wheels with the car!

:like::like:
It is certainly a very rare car. If it is a 1 of 1 that only makes me want it more.

Trouble is, I don’t have a lot of credit history so I can’t get a loan for enough. (On a used car anyway)

Just gotta keep saving.
I have a friend who is in his late sixties and he has a deep impact 2016 Base GT350R.
He let me drive it in auto cross which was nice.
I posted a picture of it in this thread a while back.

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
It is certainly a very rare car. If it is a 1 of 1 that only makes me want it more.

Trouble is, I don’t have a lot of credit history so I can’t get a loan for enough. (On a used car anyway)

Just gotta keep saving.
I have a friend who is in his late sixties and he has a deep impact 2016 Base GT350R.
He let me drive it in auto cross which was nice.
I posted a picture of it in this thread a while back.
Just spoke with my buddy in Seattle and his 2017 GB Base R only had a Black roof and no stripes therefore this car is now down to a 1 of 2 or 1 of 1 car.

How did you like driving one of these spartan Base R's on the auto cross course?

I have not driven a Base R on an auto cross course but have driven a couple of them at Sebring and had a terrific time.

When the instructor took over we were hitting ~140 MPH in 4th gear which was well beyond the speed that we could not generate in a 2016 Track Pack car on the same part of the track.

Good luck as where this is a will there is a way!

:wink:
Sponsored