Base lower rear Bumper paint (pic)

BOBS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Auto Race Red
I will probably get flamed for this but I did use Plasti Dip in case I did not like it but it was my first time to use Dip. I will say I am happy with the out come, I did use 1/4 inch fine line tape for the curve area and worked great (2nd pic):cheers:
bumper 021 (2).JPG
bumper 007 (2).JPG
Sponsored

Labradog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Guard Metallic
I did plasti dip on mine as well but covered the center portion of the valence. Can’t beat it for $6.95 :cheers:

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
Have you guys got any tips for masking it off? I can see OP drove his up on ramps, but how about you [MENTION=24889]Labradog[/MENTION]? The valance goes under a decent amount so I just worry a bit about the quality of spraying it and how smooth it would look.

AlbertD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/PP
Looks great. How many coats did you apply? Any glossifier added?

Sponsored

ZenkaiRacer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT AT
I think it looks great! I bought the stuff to do mine just never got around to it.

Did you end up masking the reverse light and reflectors? That's the part that worries me the most. I feel like it's going to be difficult pulling the tape off of those without messing it up.

Fordever

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Convertible
I think it looks great . Really breaks up plainness if the all-one-color bumper. Good job:thumbsup:

OP
OP
BOBS550

BOBS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
Have you guys got any tips for masking it off? I can see OP drove his up on ramps, but how about you [MENTION=24889]Labradog[/MENTION]? The valance goes under a decent amount so I just worry a bit about the quality of spraying it and how smooth it would look.
I only have ramps was not to bad just had to lay on my side for low areas:thumbsup:

OP
OP
BOBS550

BOBS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
Looks great. How many coats did you apply? Any glossifier added?
I did 4 very fast coats so I could peel the tape off, no glossifier. But may get something to treat it for protection :shrug:

OP
OP
BOBS550

BOBS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
I think it looks great! I bought the stuff to do mine just never got around to it.

Did you end up masking the reverse light and reflectors? That's the part that worries me the most. I feel like it's going to be difficult pulling the tape off of those without messing it up.
If I would do it again I will use paint, I did mask off the whole back of car with tape and paper I did not take a pic of that step. The reflectors I dipped over and peeled it off when it dried.
You are right about peeling the tape off without getting a jagged line, I watched many vids on you tube on how to do it and practiced on a piece of metal with tape first. It is a problem keeping the dip wet and pulling tape off while wet Next time trim black paint:thumbsup:

Sponsored

Shouldhavegotthegt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT 2014 Ram 1500 RCSB 4x4
I used bumper paint from autozone. I did the whole bumper. My car is magnetic. Added the MMD bumper fins

08StangGT_CS

Fight The Urge to Boost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Race Red No Options
Bad ass job OP. I'll be doing this whenever I get back to my car.

Labradog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Guard Metallic
I did mine on the ground, so lots of laying down. I’ll post a pic tomorrow of the result in the sun. I think it came out well, there’s some texture but it actually matches the rest of the lower abs pretty well. I did 6 coats and you gotta remember to remove the tape right after you spray the last coat or it will tear.

Southview

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Herby
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Convertible
Wipe it down with some spray wax and it will get rid of the rubbery feel

robwlf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
rob
Vehicle(s)
17 lightning blue pp LFP 670
i did mine as well last spring.. only i used sem trim paint matches oem trim to a t. i use it in work alot when people scratch up there black textured trim stuff and dont want to get a new one lol.. but it holds nice and its been on there for 6 months so far looks like the day i did it ... only i did like 5 coats its more of a permanent thing though, unlike plastidip
Sponsored