Brian@Vossen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
A Mustang with a V8
Looks great. I need one.
Yes I want this one also, just waiting on Dave to finish up the solid mount...come on Dave any timing??
You guys won't be disappointed!

Is the reverse lock out collar optional (probably a dumb question)? I would much prefer to get rid of that hideous chrome plastic. I think I've read that the MGW goes back to push down, which imo would be much more convenient. Opens up a lot more options for shift knobs and cleans up the look of the entire shifting assembly.
The Barton reuses the Reverse lockout collar. Im not sure if they have an option to get rid of it. In their install video it is not mentioned if I remember correctly.
Sponsored

grecoan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
anthony
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT performance package
how tight is the shifter does it still have play. I drove my friends Roush and its very tight solid connection to gears but seems like it would be uncomfortable on long drives or in traffic. thanks for the help looks great.

UPRSteve

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.uprproducts.com
Vehicle(s)
15 GT
You guys won't be disappointed!

The Barton reuses the Reverse lockout collar. Im not sure if they have an option to get rid of it. In their install video it is not mentioned if I remember correctly.

They will be working on one that will use a flat stick handle and have reverse feature like the 11-14s where you have to push down.

VTECSAUCE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB PP GT w/ RECARO's & ITR swapped '94 hatch
They will be working on one that will use a flat stick handle and have reverse feature like the 11-14s where you have to push down.
nice I will hold out then. Thanks!

Sponsored

OP
OP
Brian@Vossen

Brian@Vossen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
A Mustang with a V8
how tight is the shifter does it still have play. I drove my friends Roush and its very tight solid connection to gears but seems like it would be uncomfortable on long drives or in traffic. thanks for the help looks great.
It does not have much play anymore with the Barton but it isnt uncomfortable in traffic. I drive in traffic every morning on the way to the office and have no problems with it. It has that race car feel but still can be daily driven.

2wheels4me

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
GTPP, Much-Modded Fiat 500 Sport, 911 Carrera S
Finally had mine installed today. At first drive, I was like well, that feels solid and tight! REALLY nice feel. Strongly sprung, and shortly thrown, one does need to make sure you are in the right part of the shift pattern when searching for a gear; i.e. pull a bit hard to the left for 1st and 2nd, push pretty hard to the right for 5th and 6th. But I'm quickly getting used to it. Very, very well made and makes the car feel more solid in your hands. Requires a bit different coordination between hands and feet, but that'll come quick, I'm sure.

Initially, though the noise in the car was noticeably different; louder and more mechanical, like all of the additional sound was coming from underneath the car and into the cabin. When I got home and opened the box with the OE parts in it, there was the stock sound barrier! It was supposed to be mounted on top of the Barton-supplied foam barrier. Went back and they installed it; almost all of the new noise was gone. All that remains is a bit of additional transmission-y noise under acceleration, which wasn't totally unexpected, given the less rubbery connection to the tranny. I think it is acceptable in trade for losing the vagueness of the stock shifter.

Also, the actual shifts make no noticeable noise as the shifter is pushed or pulled into gear. The mechanicals are very quiet.

I think I will be happy with it.

Last edited:

s4-to-15gt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 gt black perf pack 6mt
2WHEELS4ME,

where did you get it installed if you don't mind me asking? thanks

2wheels4me

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
GTPP, Much-Modded Fiat 500 Sport, 911 Carrera S
2WHEELS4ME,

where did you get it installed if you don't mind me asking? thanks
Galpin Auto Sports in the Valley. I had lunch while I waited at their built-in restaurant (The Horseless Carriage) acrosss the street at Galpin Ford, where I had bought the car. I had a $100 Gift Card (from ordering/buying the car at Galpin) that helped with the 2 1/2 hours labor, as their rates are a bit high; the pre-card labor was $337.50, with card $237.50. One thing, though, they now know how to do it right. They treated me very well.

Sponsored

Vile_the_Bastage

of Clan Bastage
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Internet Legend
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Now you guys are going to be all like....

[ame]

Tyrese at 0:28...WTF!?! :eyebulge::eyebulge::eyebulge::eyebulge:

Last edited:

Anthony@HTM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Track Pack
Now you guys are going to be all like....

Tyrese at 0:28...WTF!?! :eyebulge::eyebulge::eyebulge::eyebulge:
Ahahah

He wasn't double clutching so he kept getting locked out, but at the 10th gear change he figured it out lol

rio16

MAD_50HH
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rio
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Whippled Competition Orange
thanks brian for the review... placed my order... yeeee

u8mylunch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Corvette, 2003 Audi A6, 1984 Ford F150
Barton will be making one for the GT350 as well, Dave from Barton just advised me.
Sponsored