Sponsored

Baer Drag Brake weight!

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
I know we always talk about it and people ask all the time, so I thought I would post a pic of a side by side Brian took today of the kit going on our 2018 Mustang GT. This is standard non pp gt brakes, and the baer. Double that each side, and then i'll do one of the rears tonight!

30lbs a side on the front! Very nice!

baer2015mustang.jpg

Hit us up for all your baer needs!
http://teambeefcakeracing.com/baer-brake-systems.html
Sponsored

V8EATR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
The rotors are 33lb each for the PP cars but the calipers are a couple #'s lighter. Overall I think they are a few #'s heavier.

BlownOne

Horsepower Fiend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Anything with wheels
The weight savings on those drag brake kits are awesome, but can they emergency stop the car anywhere near the stock system? Report back to us on that please Terry

OP
OP
beefcake

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
they stop at 160 at the track, should be good on the street, we daily'd them on our 15 car

Sponsored

2qwk4ya

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 401a, auto
But 160+ at our Mexico track is alot different than 160 at a NHRA track. As much as we want the weight savings. The ability to stop is more important. So back to the question will these stop as quickly as the stockers. Do they have a more aggressive pad with the same stopping ability with the tiny rotors. we are not talking road racing. Were talking the just in case something runs/pulls out in front of us. :eyebulge:

Last edited:

higdominator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PPP
But 160+ at our Mexico track is alot different than 160 at a NHRA track. As much as we want the weight savings. The ability to stop is more important. So back to the question will these stop as quickly as the stockers. Do they have a more aggressive pad with the same stopping ability with the tiny rotors. we are not talking road racing. Were talking the just in case something runs/pulls out in front of us. :eyebulge:
Are you asking if 11" brakes will stop as well as a 14-15" 4/6 piston front brake? Cmon, clearly the terminal stopping distance will be longer. Will you be able to stop in an emergency at normal driving speeds? Yes. Will you be able to stop on a dime while going 160 on the street and a deer runs out in front of you? No. Neither braking system will do that for you.

These brakes should provide all the stopping power you need, biggest difference is they will get hotter much faster so repeatedly putting them to max effort is not going to end well (autox/road course).

Lonmon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10spd Base
I can tell you from experience (I tried the aerospace version for a few weeks) that the drag brakes do not stop anywhere as well in a panic stop as the standard or PP brakes. They do fine for normal driving and stopping at a track where you have lots of room to slow down but following another driver with better brakes at high speed is dangerous unless you are leaving lots of room. I ended up pulling off the drag brakes for street use and buying the Eradispeed 2 pc rotors instead.

OP
OP
beefcake

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
I can tell you from experience (I tried the aerospace version for a few weeks) that the drag brakes do not stop anywhere as well in a panic stop as the standard or PP brakes. They do fine for normal driving and stopping at a track where you have lots of room to slow down but following another driver with better brakes at high speed is dangerous unless you are leaving lots of room. I ended up pulling off the drag brakes for street use and buying the Eradispeed 2 pc rotors instead.
not a fan of the aerospace, started with those,

the calipers are a 4 piston caliper, so they are good brakes, however, the standard brake on a 15 is the same as an 11-14 brembo, so they are big

F1scamp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT
Not sure if they still do it, but the aerospace brakes I have on my Duster have square cut seals that are designed to retract the pad from the rotor for less rotating resistance, the trade off is the first pump of the brakes sets the pad to the rotor, then then you actually have brakes. Great for drag racing, really shitty for any street driving.

Sponsored

Dossey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
I've been going back and forth on doing these but that is shaving so much weight off the front that it makes it hard to pass up. Did you get a chance to weigh the rears?

OP
OP
beefcake

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
rears are 16lbs a side

higdominator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PPP
These are on my radar along with a driveshaft as my next mod. I'm already practicing my parking strategies without an e-brake, lol.

Initially I just wanted to do the fronts and the Eradispeed rotors in the rear as I'm not going to run 15's in the rear but I feel compelled to do the rears along with the fronts as it would just look ridiculous to have rear brakes larger than the front. :lol:

SolarFlare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT
Has anyone weighted the stock non PP rotor vs the Baer eradispeed rotor? want to know the specifics on savings on just rotor alone.

EDIT: NVM just found it. Was hoping saving on Eradispeed rotor would be more than 4lbs per corner.

Last edited:

kcc0521

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bo
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT PP
Does anyone know what else is needed to make the drag brakes work? Do you need new brake lines? Where do you buy them?
Sponsored