Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Douglas
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP1 6spd
I'd go A90 Supra over the C7 Vette simply because the C7 is so common, unless you can go C7 Z06 - then that's a no brainer IMO. I just bought a new 2022 Supra 3.0 to sit alongside my '21 ZL1 (the Supra is in transit now, so it's not in my possession yet). I chose it over a "regular" used C7. It's not nearly as fast as my ZL1, of course, but the Supra only weighs about 3,300 lbs, which is a plus for a track car, compared to the 3,800+ lbs S550 GT you're used to. If you go Supra, go '21+, because it has the upgraded engine and suspension/damper tuning, as well as updated steering.

A 6th gen Camaro SS 1LE would check all your performance boxes. Quicker than a stock Gen 2 Coyote Mustang GT, much better handling, chassis, and steering, and it's ~100 lbs lighter. I know, the visibility. At least don't rule it out unless you have actually driven one.
The MKV Zupra looks like shit. I woulda got s gr86 if my kids could fit in the back tbh.
Sponsored

thompsje

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
I think the Supra is one of the ugliest cars on the market. The e90s are great-looking cars, but the problems scare me. Think I'd have to go with a low mileage few year old M2 if I was going BMW.
After a 3 decade love-hate relationship with BMWs, the only one that could really call me back would be an E39 M5. That was pretty much the peak of the marque for me. I'd spend new M money to buy and rebuild one of those if I had the option.

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red
LOL. You list two cars with known SERIOUS flaws (BMW mechanical issues, and GM electrics), and a BM-yota. It doesn't even have enough cylinders, much less orientated properly. :crackup:

The BMW E9X M3 is actually very stout. Yes there are rod bearing issues but that can be rectified for around $2k, what you have to consider is that the E90 M3 was last built in 2011. I had a 2013 BMW M3 6MT had it for over 7 years not one time did the car get warranty work or other work other than maintenance.

To the OP, you do realize the E90 is a 4dr. M3 not the coupe.

My E92...loved this car.

E92 side.jpg

E92 angle.jpg

gixxersixxerman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2020 GR Supra
Wha. Wha. What happened to that car?

10’s then she sits? Mod list? Not stock.
lol not stock at all. E50 tune, catless downpipe, exhaust and intake. The intake and exhaust don’t really do much but remove weight really. Just a good tune and catless DP is all it takes to run upper 10’s… with a good tire of course. Here in Vegas with 5k DA and 90*+ out at a unprepared track it ran 10.7@129 on the street with a draggy it ran 11.06@127. Using 305/35 19 NT05R drag radials. The 60-130 is 4 seconds faster then my Mustang was. Running low 8’s with over 6k DA. The Mustang broke into the 11’s just a couple times.

ultimately a mustang is faster then a Supra, they haven’t broken into the 7’s yet but are knocking on the door. For the price of a premium Supra you could buy a base A10 mustang slap some turbos, axles, and radials on it and run with the fastest Supra for cheaper. But for what a e50/DP Supra runs, it’s faster then most street cars out there. If you’ve never seen babayaga YT channel you’ll see a fast Supra that beats a lot of cars it shouldn’t, but Botti tunes that Supra on the edge.

Sponsored

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
lol not stock at all. E50 tune, catless downpipe, exhaust and intake. The intake and exhaust don’t really do much but remove weight really. Just a good tune and catless DP is all it takes to run upper 10’s… with a good tire of course. Here in Vegas with 5k DA and 90*+ out at a unprepared track it ran 10.7@129 on the street with a draggy it ran 11.06@127. Using 305/35 19 NT05R drag radials. The 60-130 is 4 seconds faster then my Mustang was. Running low 8’s with over 6k DA. The Mustang broke into the 11’s just a couple times.

ultimately a mustang is faster then a Supra, they haven’t broken into the 7’s yet but are knocking on the door. For the price of a premium Supra you could buy a base A10 mustang slap some turbos, axles, and radials on it and run with the fastest Supra for cheaper. But for what a e50/DP Supra runs, it’s faster then most street cars out there. If you’ve never seen babayaga YT channel you’ll see a fast Supra that beats a lot of cars it shouldn’t, but Botti tunes that Supra on the edge.
The B58 is a really great engine. Responds to tunes well and is pretty stout. My only complaint about it is the sound, it's hard to beat V8 and up when it comes to that aspect. Although to be fair, turbo noises are fun too.

ay1820

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT/CS
The BMW E9X M3 is actually very stout. Yes there are rod bearing issues but that can be rectified for around $2k, what you have to consider is that the E90 M3 was last built in 2011. I had a 2013 BMW M3 6MT had it for over 7 years not one time did the car get warranty work or other work other than maintenance.

To the OP, you do realize the E90 is a 4dr. M3 not the coupe.

My E92...loved this car.

E92 side.jpg

E92 angle.jpg
I owned my E85 for 15 years and 77,000 miles and also did not have any out of warranty repair other than routine maintenance. One exception was the bluetooth module failed, the repair cost was going to be over grand, so I just left it broken.

BUT, I knew my luck was going to run out (the hydraulic motors for the top were notorious for failing, one of my Xeonon headlamps was getting finicky and they are NOT cheap, had some weird electric gremlins where the dash lighting would not shut off until I restarted and stopped the car again). I was also looking at the cost for even routine maintenance like brakes and everything about that car was getting stupid expensive to maintain. So I took advantage of the crazy high used car prices to cash in before I had to shell out.

I do miss the gearbox in that car though ...

Beautiful car BTW.

AvalancheSVT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Douglas
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP1 6spd
i still think its a riot that he's asking a bunch of mustang dudes to choose between 3 bimmers and a chevy.

Idaho2018GTPremium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Camaro ZL1 A10
The MKV Zupra looks like shit. I woulda got s gr86 if my kids could fit in the back tbh.
Funny, since you mentioned it, I think the GR86 is not very good looking (ugly is too strong of a word for it) and slow. To each their own.

In person the Supra has a presence and performs very well.

AvalancheSVT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Douglas
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP1 6spd

Funny, since you mentioned it, I think the GR86 is not very good looking (ugly is too strong of a word for it) and slow. To each their own.

In person the Supra has a presence and performs very well.
13's isn't slow especially when its 18K cheaper than the GT i just ordered. cost/benefit wise that's hard to beat.

You might not like the GR but at least it looks well proportioned and everything it has is functional. the zupra is a design disaster. fake vents all over the place, disgusting nose, and they ruined a decent design by squishing it to fit a bmw.

Its a compromise car and those are dumb plus autotragic only is gay.

Sponsored

EmCel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Em
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt
Supra is an ugly car, at least these new ones. It’s girly too. You do you.

M3’s are nice 👍🏻

C7 is nice 👍🏻

Mustangs are the best 😎🫣 maybe you had a bad apple. Stang life or no life ✌🏼 💅🏽 :giggle:

Ock

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium and a 1966 c10
Supra is an ugly car, at least these new ones. It’s girly too. You do you.

M3’s are nice 👍🏻

C7 is nice 👍🏻

Mustangs are the best 😎🫣 maybe you had a bad apple. Stang life or no life ✌🏼 💅🏽 :giggle:
everytime i have sold or wrecked my mustangs i have ALWAYS regretted it... im finally at a point i think i can always have one.. at least i hope. i had TONS of issues w/mine, but they are all fixed and i fucking love this car... the Corsa just made it new to me again... what im trying to say is... #mustang4ever.

Torched10

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 gt premium convertible. 2017 caddy xts vsport twin turbo.2011 caddy ext
LOL. You list two cars with known SERIOUS flaws (BMW mechanical issues, and GM electrics), and a BM-yota. It doesn't even have enough cylinders, much less orientated properly. :crackup:
Here's interesting anecdote.hadv2 of my cars without a. Spare run overbscrewd in my driveway.nextvmorning flat.call AA A FIR ROLL BACK.riding with driver to tire plac and asked both what's most common car they're. Answer bith times was BMW

Mspider

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT
Always funny to read comments about the supra looking ugly or girly.

I got way more compliments, looks and thumbs up in the supra than my mustang. Its a unique car for a certain type of buyer for sure. With the right paint, window tint and a set of aftermarket rims/tires it absolutely as a real road presence. Of course the mustang reaches a wider audience due to price point, options and production numbers. So I understand the biased, but its still funny from my own personal experience with one.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
I'm in the it's so ugly no jap should ever be allowed to style another car ever, camp. I retch every time I see one.

Then again all Toyotas of the last 10+ years are ghastly.
Sponsored