Sponsored

Backseat floor mats in Mustang GT Premium with 401A package?

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
Well gee my '17 BASE GT came with rear floor mats. #firstgenS550 #winning
Sponsored

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Because Ford knows that nobody sits back there. :crazy:
I wish that were true, but my kids will occasionally sit there. So I'll have to source some good rear floor mats until my car arrives. I've found several, but they're all rubber, and I want velour. I can't stand the smell of rubber in the car. :blush:

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
I wish that were true, but my kids will occasionally sit there. So I'll have to source some good rear floor mats until my car arrives. I've found several, but they're all rubber, and I want velour. I can't stand the smell of rubber in the car. :blush:
These are the best. Different styles and price ranges. Not sure about international shipping though.
https://www.lloydmatsstore.com/carpet-car-floor-mats

1Bear

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Gt Convertible
I realize this was probably aimed at the 18-19 crowd but mine only had the front mats. I looked at my window sticker and it only list front floor mats black. I still have no rear floor mats but I just purchased a used set off eBay that I think will look pretty good.

I bought a 19 GT Vert and the Monroney says "prem floormats w/acc stitch".
These are the lamest floor mats I have had in 15 years on a new car/truck, they are basically black with a cheap black stitch on the perimeter holding them together. Pretty sad for a MSRP of $52,730.
A new Honda Civic probably has better.

Bear

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
Regardless of the price, our cars are still Ford's. I've never had an American car that had "luxury" mats. Honestly my Jaguar and Infiniti's weren't the greatest either. I bought LLoyd's 50th anniversary mats for my 15' EB and they were really nice. I now have the GT/CS mats which are decent. Also keep in mind how many people upgrade their mats or change over to all weather. No reason for Ford to spend the few extra buck for something we drag our feet on.

Sponsored

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
I finally added rear mats to mine, had the '16 for 3.5 years without, with this 19', of course I had the "premium mats" that didn't include a rear set, so I decided to try something different, get the same product we use in our DD/RT, the 3D Maxpider product. It's a non-carpeted mat, shaped for the specific car, the fitment is outstanding, and it's nice to be able to wash and dry them in just a couple of minutes.

IMG_6529_1200.jpeg
IMG_6530_1200.jpeg
IMG_6531_1200.jpeg

Johnnybee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 convertible
My 201A EB didn't come with rear mats. Since I was going to daily it through the snow, I bought a full set of Weather Tech and simply leave the rears in all year round, in case anyone sits back there.

W.O.T. Stang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1 401A
A mustang has back seats??
In all seriousness. Mine didn’t come with them - they don’t exist from the dealer. I’m sure you could get any random set though and they would fit.

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
UK cars come with a really thick carpet (set of 4) with piping to match the body colour and embroidered with 5.0 on the front two (if you get the GT), I can’t believe they don’t offer the same in the states ... ? :frown:

:cwl: :cwl: :cwl:

Another vote for the OE moulded rubber type from me, I’m still waiting for the car to arrive but at least the mats are nice !

WD :like:

Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
UK cars come with a really thick carpet (set of 4) with piping to match the body colour and embroidered with 5.0 on the front two (if you get the GT), I can’t believe they don’t offer the same in the states.
That is strange. Are these mats from the factory or dealer installed?

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
English humour sorry, hence the :cwl: :cwl: :cwl: !

Also why I bought the OE moulded rubber :like:

WD :like:

Mscratch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium
Does the 2019 Mustang GT Premium come with back seat stitched floor mats?

I have the 401A package as well.

do they make them?
There's a back seat?

Mustangpursuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT/CS 2019
Vehicle Showcase
I added the premium all weather floor liner set and it indeed did come with front and rear when car was delivered and was in plastic wrap in the trunk, but it did come with red stitching front floor mats originally. the factory all weather liners are decent, otherwise Id have ordered a Husky set, since I have had good experience with using those liners.
Sponsored