Back to stock from vortech

BKoz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
I'm strongly considering trading/selling my car. I think I'm likely to come out in much better shape if I return it to stock and sell my parts and the car separately.

Anyone return to stock after installing the vortech kit? Any pieces other then the fan shroud that was needed? I have everything I removed except I lost the fuel rail spacers, anyone know where I could buy just the spacers or even the size so I can make my own?

Any help or suggestions are greatly appreciated.
Sponsored

joe603

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium PP
I have a 21GT 6MT and really want to go FI. Just wondering why you had a change in heart? The entire thing makes me nervous as the warranty would be void. (I'd never hear the end of it from the wife if the engine blew up).

Zrussian13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2018 Acura MDX
I have a 21GT 6MT and really want to go FI. Just wondering why you had a change in heart? The entire thing makes me nervous as the warranty would be void. (I'd never hear the end of it from the wife if the engine blew up).
FI on the coyote is amazing but you have to be ready to buy a motor just in case. Things can happen. I never thought I'd make it this far without loosing my motor or trans but 82k miles and still kicking. 🤞🤞🤞Buy your wife something nice when you boost it, then she can't complain when you come back and tell her you need a new engine. 🤣

OP
OP
BKoz

BKoz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
If you are looking for something that's feels fast during normal driving, I would go with a roots style. The centrifugal is great but gives very little power under normal driving conditions. If your drag racing or get to open it up regularly the centrifugal is great. If your not prepared to rebuild an engine or trans, it's obviously a risk.

I'm really just thinking of how to get the most money out of the car. Selling or trading it modified isn't going to make much difference (might even hurt the sale) but if I sell the super charger kit separately, I think I'd make more money overall.

Sins550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang 5.0 PP
I think you'd have to have a lemon in the first place to blow up with a simple setup. People don't typically have motor issues until they start digging into them, turn it up way too high, or they try and be the fastest man alive on 93 pump.
Sponsored