Sponsored

How to return Whipple Tune Back To Stock Tune?

DavidHuff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 5.0
I have a 2017 Mustang with a Whipple Supercharger 2Nd Generation Stage 2 Tune.
How do I return to stock tune so I can download a custom tune?
Sponsored

OP
OP

DavidHuff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 5.0
I got the information I need from JDM Tuning and I will download in the SCT Tuner Box the Whipple tune as my stock 91 octane street tune .
I do understand that I will have to install a IAT Sensor for the JDM Custom Tune and remove the IAT Sensor if and when I ever download and use the original Whipple Tune.I will never need the factory stock tune.
Opinions are welcome!!

Last edited:

lx347cd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT and 2003 Cobra
I agree no worries about stock tune anymore. I dont think you will ever need it unless you want to sell the car and remove blower from car but i think its way too much work to remove blower to put back to stock. Just easier to sell car with blower if you were to ever sell it.

Woopaloop

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10R80
I agree no worries about stock tune anymore. I dont think you will ever need it unless you want to sell the car and remove blower from car but i think its way too much work to remove blower to put back to stock. Just easier to sell car with blower if you were to ever sell it.
I think you'll make more money parting it out, either way if the warranty is gone you're going to take a big loss.

OP
OP

DavidHuff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 5.0
I think you'll make more money parting it out, either way if the warranty is gone you're going to take a big loss.
My Mustang is not for sale, was trying to get information so I can download a new custom tune.Warranty has left the building a long time ago.LOL

Sponsored

mustangman0011

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2019 gt mustang 1966 mustang
Op im in the same boat trying to figure out myself how to revert the tune back to stock so i can upload a new tune as well.

OP
OP

DavidHuff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 5.0
Op im in the same boat trying to figure out myself how to revert the tune back to stock so i can upload a new tune as well.
You need to call Whipple and they will walk you thru the instructions on how to restore your stock tune.Their customer service is the best!

lx347cd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT and 2003 Cobra
What did whipple say? Just ask them.
Sponsored