Sponsored

Wish the easiest force induction to revert back to stock?

Toro73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Gt auto 400A Package factory 20's
So from Paxton,vortech,procharger,TVS and wipple. Wish the easiest system to revert back to stock. and be able to obtain 650-700whp from 93 octane on a 2018 mustang gt 10r80 3.55 rear.

I do like to upgrade vehicles quite regularly so this is important. I'm about to pull the triger on one this systems so just want to get some feed back. Already sold one with all the goodies on it and do not want to do that again. They all are doing some incredible numbers and have good rep. Turbos are never easy so I did not include it on this. . Also with tons can yo safely keep the stock headers and cars?

Thanks
Sponsored

Chris Barnes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500
I installed my Procharger Stage II system in a couple of evenings and literally had to cut/permanently modify nothing. Not sure about the other systems, but this was a big reason why I chose the blower I did. A stage 1 system with a Stage II intercooler upgrade would be even easier since you use the stock serpentine belt to drive the blower. Good luck!

SoCalTim

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Sold : 15 GT
Procharger Stage 1 kit with Stage 2 intercooler is a great option if you want a simple install and a nice kit. I’ve done procharger and Paxton installs on my own car, could revert back to stock in one evening if I wanted.

OP
OP
Toro73

Toro73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Figure that much. Probably going with the Procharger as well with a PBD tune, I know the wipple and the sleeper helion kit is all the rage, but after 700 whp it is all madness anyways :)

Roush05

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
I am not very mechanically inclined at all and I installed the procharger myself in a day and a half, and that was taking my time to make sure I didn't have any problems when I was finished. Uninstalling would not take very long at all. You'd just have to remove the procharger and brackets, remove the intercooler, put the original belt and intake back on, swap out injectors/spark plugs, and you'd be done.

Sponsored

HELLION TURBO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
So from Paxton,vortech,procharger,TVS and wipple. Wish the easiest system to revert back to stock. and be able to obtain 650-700whp from 93 octane on a 2018 mustang gt 10r80 3.55 rear.

I do like to upgrade vehicles quite regularly so this is important. I'm about to pull the triger on one this systems so just want to get some feed back. Already sold one with all the goodies on it and do not want to do that again. They all are doing some incredible numbers and have good rep. Turbos are never easy so I did not include it on this. . Also with tons can yo safely keep the stock headers and cars?

Thanks
We know its not on your list, but our Street Sleeper kit looks stock when the kit is fully installed so we have to vote this one to be the easiest to remove :)
DSCN1077.JPG

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2006 Infiniti G35X
I've installed and uninstalled Prochargers several times, its pretty simple and can be done in a day.

Nothing turbo is going to be quick and easy to revert to stock lol

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
Realized I missed half of the OP, lol.

As far as stock headers and cats, the headers are fine but some have had issues with cats, it's a risk to keep them. It may be fine but it could cost you your motor. I would browse through this thread: https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/go-catless-with-boost.104428/ I went with cat deletes on the stock headers personally.

A Stage 2 P1X or D1SC will put you at 650-700 on 93.

OP
OP
Toro73

Toro73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
We know its not on your list, but our Street Sleeper kit looks stock when the kit is fully installed so we have to vote this one to be the easiest to remove :)
DSCN1077.JPG
Sleaper it's one serious kit!!! No denying it. Always

As far as stock headers and cats, the headers are fine but some have had issues with cats, it's a risk to keep them. It may be fine but it could cost you your motor. I would browse through this thread: https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/go-catless-with-boost.104428/ I went with cat deletes on the stock headers personally.

Thank you sir :rockon: that is what I am going for, not trying to get to a 9 sec car. Just a reliable powerfull daily that can be change to stock easily when Ford comes out with some new gadget that makes me feel that i need it right now... :cwl:

Last edited:

Ruiner46

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 CO GT PP

Regarding that thread, I wouldn't consider that guy's trouble with his car a good example of anything except for how bad things can go wrong. For all we know, his tune has been bad from the start. New motor, no cats, and still has multiple issues including possibly low compression again in cylinder 8. He also did not have stock cats.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Toro73

Toro73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DSCN1077.JPG
Your sy, if it was not the fact that everything is underneath the vehicle and we here in PR get a lot of rain and flooding, I would be very tempted to do it.
Regarding that thread, I wouldn't consider that guy's trouble with his car a good example of anything except for how bad things can go wrong. For all we know, his tune has been bad from the start. New motor, no cats, and still has multiple issues including possibly low compression again in cylinder 8. He also did not have stock cats.
Yeap it is like a loto,one you dont want to get.

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
That is true, however he is far from the only person to have issues with cats when boosted.

Racerx009

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford mustang gt non pp
Vehicle Showcase
All has to be proven that is what caused the problem

Ruiner46

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 CO GT PP
That is true, however he is far from the only person to have issues with cats when boosted.
I agree if you mean aftermarket cats. I still haven't found an example of a stock cat failing with a proper install and tune. There has been one or two people who showed a stock cat with a crack in it, but not completely failed like several pictures I've seen of aftermarket high flow cats. I'm not convinced that those were actual failures. I'm still waiting for an example of a stock cat that failed on an oem-like tune with cat protection enabled and proper spark plug gap. If the plugs weren't gapped correctly, or the cat protection is not enabled, then all bets are off, and I don't consider those actual failures. I'm also curious about Kooks green cats. FWIW, I am at 20k miles on my stock cats with a Whipple stage 2 on the Whipple tune with no issues. Since I live in a state with dyno-based emissions, I am forced into keeping my cats, so I have watched this topic very closely.

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang

Thanks
All the options you listed are going to fit the bill. Ease of removal if needed. Plenty of power to play with. You cant go wrong with any power adder on a Coyote. We're big centri fans, but love the PD/screw blowers as well. Hit me up with any question you have and I can def help you out.
Sponsored