Back on the road after a long wait for nothing

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
After more than 90 days of waiting for an ARP wheel stud kit that never came, I decided to press the factory wheel studs back into the hubs and reinstall them on the car. I called ARP direct last week and they told me that the wheel stud kit that I had ordered from Steeda wouldn’t ship before the end of June. I said enough is enough and my son and I worked on the car through the night to get it back on the road today. We mounted up the drag pack and drove 60 miles (city and highway) to see how the car handled. I love the stance of the car as it sits in drag form. Now it’s time to put the car back on jack stands and inspect everything, since the entire rear suspension had been disassembled/reassembled again. My son and I also did the alignment on the car using the string method. The car tracked straight and handled very well for being on the bigs and littles.

6BC6EC3C-9E4F-45D5-8D96-248182F7EA9E.jpeg

502C5244-D6BF-4406-A1D5-0ACEF697A891.jpeg

7F5E0168-ED62-4F6F-8D1B-6D4359AEA1B8.jpeg

F4DFE2E5-C2BA-432C-8B14-7218FFBA87B4.jpeg

14BE1EF8-9DA5-43B1-9194-188DDD71D969.jpeg

DDEFF54B-16E1-401E-A19C-7DA050A82C9D.jpeg

DF11D4A6-0AC7-456B-A461-6A50B12F8F70.jpeg

85C054D4-7D24-4823-AFE7-C02C0378FCA4.jpeg
Sponsored

Stangnut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt BHG
Saw the dolphins on your plate. What boats were you on? I was in from 90-96. I was a Nuke ET on the Jefferson City, SSN-759. A fast attack out of San Diego.

OP
OP
NGOT8R

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Saw the dolphins on your plate. What boats were you on? I was in from 90-96. I was a Nuke ET on the Jefferson City, SSN-759. A fast attack out of San Diego.
Right on! I was an IC man on the Guitarro SSN-665 (fast attack) from 86-90 out of San Diego as well.

Stangnut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt BHG
What part of Florida are you in?

Sponsored

coz0502

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Nice Bullitt. Saw this post Tuesday and was going to make a joke about being more impressed with the biceps then the car. :crackup: Since we're like 20 mins from one another, I figured I would and say hi neighbor too. I'm in Apollo Beach area, not far from to 301 and Big Bend.

OP
OP
NGOT8R

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Nice Bullitt. Saw this post Tuesday and was going to make a joke about being more impressed with the biceps then the car. :crackup: Since we're like 20 mins from one another, I figured I would and say hi neighbor too. I'm in Apollo Beach area, not far from to 301 and Big Bend.
Haha! Those guns belong to my son. He‘s in the Navy and was home visiting with us for the past 9 days. I let him take the first drive up to Tampa after we finished buttoning the car up. I’ll send him a screen shot of your post. I know he’ll get a good laugh out of it.

If we’re that close, I’m sure we’ll cross paths at some point, if we haven’t already. I’m still finding my way around (exploring a little bit at a time). I moved down from Kansas City in June of 2021.

coz0502

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Haha! Those guns belong to my son. He‘s in the Navy and was home visiting with us for the past 9 days. I let him take the first drive up to Tampa after we finished buttoning the car up. I’ll send him a screen shot of your post. I know he’ll get a good laugh out of it.

If we’re that close, I’m sure we’ll cross paths at some point, if we haven’t already. I’m still finding my way around (exploring a little bit at a time). I moved down from Kansas City in June of 2021.
That funny, hopefully your son gets a good laugh too. Welcome to Florida, I personally love the area. Been here since 95 and seen many changes over the years.

We're the butt of jokes from many non-Floridians, but I don't mind and often laugh along with them. There is definitely a good amount of crazy in this state.

I'll keep an eye out for you. Do you always run the car with the drag wheels? If so, it will be easy to spot you and I don't see a lot of bullits anyway. You see my car in my profile, if you ever see me running around and got the time, honk or rev your engine. I always enjoy talking with fellow enthusiasts.

OP
OP
NGOT8R

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
That funny, hopefully your son gets a good laugh too. Welcome to Florida, I personally love the area. Been here since 95 and seen many changes over the years.

We're the butt of jokes from many non-Floridians, but I don't mind and often laugh along with them. There is definitely a good amount of crazy in this state.

I'll keep an eye out for you. Do you always run the car with the drag wheels? If so, it will be easy to spot you and I don't see a lot of bullits anyway. You see my car in my profile, if you ever see me running around and got the time, honk or rev your engine. I always enjoy talking with fellow enthusiasts.
I will probably leave the drag wheels on for a bit while I’m ironing out a few things suspension wise. Once I get that done they will go on for track days. I wish I could leave them on though, but I’m not sure what the life expectancy would be for the tires if I do. I won’t be doing much driving on the interstate with them, mostly city stuff with speeds up to 55 or so. I’ll definitely keep an eye out for you out there on the road.
Sponsored

Last edited: