Sponsored

Having to wait at least a year for a Bullitt

boomee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wanting a Bullitt
So I had plans this year to purchase a Bullitt it was gonna be a late 40th birthday gift. However wife's car unexpectedly needed about 5grand worth of work Ended up getting her a used subaru. We have decided to wait a year and stack up some funds to be ready for next year. What would I continue to look for research or keep my ears open about th Bullitt in the meantime?
Sponsored

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Buy a regular Mustang, upgrade it, be faster, have less need to keep it pristine for some hope and prayer that it'll be worth something one day (it won't), and be happy.

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
Buy a regular Mustang, upgrade it, be faster, have less need to keep it pristine for some hope and prayer that it'll be worth something one day (it won't), and be happy.
Or get a limited edition, numbered car with OEM upgrades already installed with a full warranty and barely pay more than a regular GT with the same options?

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
There is some truth to this.

As you can see in my sig, I've had a few "special" Mustangs. I was always reluctant to modify them much since it would ruin what made them special to begin with. Not to mention I obsessed too much about keeping them perfect. And they all depreciate like a stone, just the special ones do it a little slower.

All of which were part of the reason I ordered my '15 and modded as I see fit, I'm not paranoid about it and drive it hard, and it's been the most enjoyable one in a long time. It's paid for and I couldn't care less what it's worth. Go figure.

I'd love to have a new Bullitt since I had the first two but the old thoughts come back to mind....

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
There is some truth to this.

As you can see in my sig, I've had a few "special" Mustangs. I was always reluctant to modify them much since it would ruin what made them special to begin with. Not to mention I obsessed too much about keeping them perfect. And they all depreciate like a stone, just the special ones do it a little slower.

All of which were part of the reason I ordered my '15 and modded as I see fit, I'm not paranoid about it and drive it hard, and it's been the most enjoyable one in a long time. It's paid for and I couldn't care less what it's worth. Go figure.

I'd love to have a new Bullitt since I had the first two but the old thoughts come back to mind....
Definitely makes sense, and everyone's different with how they baby their cars (or don't), but it doesn't have to be a low mile garage queen just because it's a Bullitt. Lots do modify them, put over a hundred thousand miles on them, etc as I'm sure you've seen. Personally I love the Bullitt package as is and don't want to change anything, but I do plan to drive it as much as possible. My goal is at least 200k miles on it. I bought the car to enjoy, not to flip or keep as a retirement nest egg.

Sponsored

88lx50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT convertible 6 speed
Wait a few years and get one used for a heck of a lot cheaper then the dealers are going to sell them for. Think about how much people overpaid for a 50th and what you can get one for now.

McShackett

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 GT/CS 08 Bullitt
Rant: The comments about "its not going to hold value" and "its not worth it with the ADM" continue on and on. Seems like its from people who can't get a Bullitt and want to feel better about it.
I (and most others) don't care what the Bullitt is worth down the road, I know it will depreciate, just like the Shelbys. Speaking from experience getting a loan for my '08 a few years ago- banks will loan more for a Bullitt than a GT, so evidently there is some value to the Bullitt package. Really, who cares? I'm buying a 19 because it is the car I want, and I like it. Its not an investment, it is something to enjoy.
I'm not paying any kind of markup, so as Bullitt says, price is very comparable to a GT with the same options (not the apples and oranges comparison I keep seeing on here of a base GT against a Bullitt). If you're willing to pay a markup, that is up to you, but it isn't an absolute.

The price is fair without ADM. According to the rep at the Friends of Steve McQueen show, Ford will make as many Bullitts as people want. If you want one, get one. If it sticks in your craw that the Bullitt is 50 grand and you can build a faster GT yourself, go for it! Buy a base GT, put a SC on it and do some wheelies. Then just hope you never have to sell it because you'll be in the same selling market as all the rental GTs after a year.

Anyway KKCO.

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
The only compelling thing about the Bullitt is the color. But I'm not paying extra for it.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Well, I'd like to have one. I think it's going to be the best Bullitt yet.

And I could get one, the salesman I ordered my '15 confirmed it. It's tempting, having had the other two. But to me it's not worth the near $20K it'll cost to make the jump.

:shrug:

OP
OP
boomee

boomee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wanting a Bullitt
look this wasn't to rant or bash the Bullitt. Like others i still want the car but my wife comes first. I still plan on purchasing one since there are going to be offered for two years of for some reason I can't find one il l go alternate routes i don't obsess about keeping a car clean the Bullitt has all t he things I would want in a modern mustang

Sponsored

McShackett

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 GT/CS 08 Bullitt
No problem at all, I understand where you're coming from. I think by next year after production ramps up, and hype dies down, it will be much easier to get a Bullitt. Hopefully dealers will be willing to negotiate below MSRP, so it may work out for you boomee. Its happened with the Shelbys, I will bet my lunch it will happen on the Bullitts too.

White_GT_CS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
No problem at all, I understand where you're coming from. I think by next year after production ramps up, and hype dies down, it will be much easier to get a Bullitt. Hopefully dealers will be willing to negotiate below MSRP, so it may work out for you boomee. Its happened with the Shelbys, I will bet my lunch it will happen on the Bullitts too.
Agreed.

Though the Bullitts will always hold a special place in many enthusiasts hearts PLUS it sounds different (better?) than regular GTs which is a huge plus.

I care about the engine sound and exhaust note, that's why I chose the Mustang GT over a Camaro SS. I bet the Bullitt will sound incredible. :hail:

OP
OP
boomee

boomee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wanting a Bullitt
If that's the route i wanted to take i wouldn't be in the Bullitt thread at all. So no thanks.
The goal is to get a Bullitt and I'm a patient man

stevegt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT Premium. 2019 GT PP1 ordered
A “regular Mustang” with the A10 will be quicker without modding it anyway. Except for the top speed but how often do you drive 160+?
Sponsored