Sponsored

Back home in Florida

klink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Camaro SS, 2016 Dodge Challenger SRT
My GT in it’s new home… After years living in Seattle, I’m glad to be back home in FL

B049A5CD-6DC0-460E-BEA4-B7D3D5850C7C.jpeg

080EF29F-AC47-49E7-A5EA-D1C3B63E60B8.jpeg
That is a gorgeous gt. And yes, having lived in both Florida and Seattle there's no comparison. Florida for the win!
Sponsored

Kachøw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
There is a lot to like about Washington... Huge year-round snow-capped mountains, rugged seacoast, beautiful deep lakes, high desert... If you can stand the politics.
Sounds like the west coast version of New England in pretty much every aspect. Are the people there friendly at all? Cause the majority sure as hell aren't here, lol. 12 years here and I still often feel like an outsider besides a few longtime friends I've had since high school 🤷‍♂️.

LxMike

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Gt.
Vehicle Showcase
After 40+ years living in central Florida, last November I relocated to east Tennessee. I was tired of 6 months of Africa Hot summers and ready for 4 seasons.
Just about exactly my story! Surprised at how many Florida ex-pats are here! And it's about the same for ex-Californians, where I was born (Coronado).
I'm now in Pigeon Forge, after 47 years on the Space Coast.

Ironically, most of my siblings have relocated to Sequim, WA, just north of Seattle.
Same here! I moved here in 2018 after 45+ years in Fla...

Onewolf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ecoboost Premium Convertible
Same here! I moved here in 2018 after 45+ years in Fla...
Just about exactly my story! Surprised at how many Florida ex-pats are here! And it's about the same for ex-Californians, where I was born (Coronado).

Ironically, most of my siblings have relocated to Sequim, WA, just north of Seattle.
I'm currently living in an apartment in Lenoir City while waiting for my house to get built near Sweetwater.

LxMike

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Gt.
Vehicle Showcase
I'm currently living in an apartment in Lenoir City while waiting for my house to get built near Sweetwater.
I bought my mustang at Lenoir city ford back in 2019. Im in Vonore

Sponsored

2016S550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shopping
I’m kinda surprised, everything I hear says places like Seattle are heading in the wrong direction and Florida is all sunshine and roses. Bet you will use that top down a lot more!!!!

gamecoc430

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium

How is Myrtle Beach in the mountains? : )

OP
OP
SEAICE

SEAICE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BW
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Sounds like the west coast version of New England in pretty much every aspect. Are the people there friendly at all? Cause the majority sure as hell aren't here, lol. 12 years here and I still often feel like an outsider besides a few longtime friends I've had since high school 🤷‍♂️.
Seattle the city has a reputation of people not being friendly, but we did not find that so. Maybe they're more insular and not outgoing, but friendly once you engage. Being a Floridian and an east-coaster, I found Seattle to be too gray and too cool for too long. Doesn't really rain that much, but it's overcast, drizzly (but not rainy) and in the 40s about 9 months out of the year, and the water, whether ocean, Puget sound or lakes, is very deep, very dark, and freezing cold all year long. There are two, maybe 3 good months of beautiful San Diego-like summer weather. The politics and cost of living are what really drove us away though.

Sponsored

Avispa

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS convertible
Moved here from TX in 2019. Was decent the first couple of years. Now homeowners is 6x what I paid the first year. Doubled in 22, doubled again this year. It's my only complaint. Get much more top down time here than anywhere I lived in TX.

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I’ll stay in Delray Beach thank you, Philly was my hometown but now being in Fl for 2 years I’m never going back even with the mineshaft fall Atco Raceway Air

CCDD877B-9C0A-4B36-96AB-644390A6A292.jpeg

Hidalgo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Convertible, Premium, Magnetic, Int. Midnight Blue, 401A Pkge, 10Sp. AT, Smart & Safe Pkge, Active Valve Performance Exhaust, Shaker Pro, 20" Alum wheels; 2015 BMW M235i, Vert, Twin Turbo, JB4; BMW 2017 X5, M Sports Pkge
That is a gorgeous gt. And yes, having lived in both Florida and Seattle there's no comparison. Florida for the win!
My GT in it’s new home… After years living in Seattle, I’m glad to be back home in FL

B049A5CD-6DC0-460E-BEA4-B7D3D5850C7C.jpeg

080EF29F-AC47-49E7-A5EA-D1C3B63E60B8.jpeg
Where in Sunny Florida are you? Dave SWFL

OP
OP
SEAICE

SEAICE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BW
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Nope... "Act of god". First time in shipping 6 cars that I've have an incident...