Just got back from Florida trip/counting new Mustangs

rocky5517

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
sam
Vehicle(s)
ford explorer 67 riviera
On the way Northbound from Key West to Miami we started noticing a ton of new Mustangs. In the space of about 4 hours we stopped counting after 45; all but 2 or 3 were convertibles. Most popular color red, followed by white. Must be a popular rental option. Only a couple of Gt's. Most were tourists, judging by the tomatoe red faces. Also, about half as many Camaros; again a majority were convertibles. A handful of Challengers but all were hardtops so hard to tell if they were tourists ( rentals) or not.
BTW if anyone is looking for a new Mustang, a dealer, Grieco Ford of Delray Beach, has about 25 on his lot. Saw a bone stock EcoBoost for $28,000 list. 5 or 6 GT's.
Sponsored

jacknifetoaswan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Mustang GT Premium Performance Pack
When the 2015s first started coming out, I had only seen one around Charleston. A couple weeks/months later, we took a trip to Cudjoe Key (about 20 miles north of Key West). On the drive down US 1 from Miami, I saw dozens. Most were convertibles, and I don't think I saw one GT. Yup, rental car special.

ETA: Also, I had a V6 Challenger as a rental a couple weeks ago. What a turd!

JR

moosestang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Vert
I live in Marathon and can confirm. Tops down no matter how bad the weather or heat so you know they are tourists. Didn't see many camaros until about three years ago, now they are in the mix too.

17Magnetic5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 premium mustang gt black accent package
It’s the same in central Florida. I’m guessing it’s the option people go for when visiting the beach and probably the cheapest car they can get as a rental that’s a convertible with still decent trunk space compared to the Camao

trojannemo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Yemil
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Convertible
We just generally have a ton of Mustangs in the area. We have a pretty strong car culture. At Cars n Coffee in Palm Beach this past Sunday, there must have been at least 150-200 Mustangs.

Sponsored

OP
OP
rocky5517

rocky5517

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
sam
Vehicle(s)
ford explorer 67 riviera
When the 2015s first started coming out, I had only seen one around Charleston. A couple weeks/months later, we took a trip to Cudjoe Key (about 20 miles north of Key West). On the drive down US 1 from Miami, I saw dozens. Most were convertibles, and I don't think I saw one GT. Yup, rental car special.

ETA: Also, I had a V6 Challenger as a rental a couple weeks ago. What a turd!

JR
Was wondering if the Challengers I saw were rentals but now I know. I'm assuming it wasn't a full powered Hemi. Do they make Challenger convertibles? If they don't, maybe that's why I only saw a handful of them. I had an Eldorado convertible for 12 years, but even in North Jersey I got tired of getting heat stroke in the summer. Fun in the spring and fall but other wise, for me anyway, the thrill is gone.

geep81

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium
I was just in Hawaii, and I have never seen so many Mustangs in a week in my life before. They were left and right everywhere you look, and mostly convertibles and V8's.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
We just generally have a ton of Mustangs in the area. We have a pretty strong car culture. At Cars n Coffee in Palm Beach this past Sunday, there must have been at least 150-200 Mustangs.
I can't wait to move to Flo-Ride-Duh.......

Sounds like my kind of place.

jacknifetoaswan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Mustang GT Premium Performance Pack
Was wondering if the Challengers I saw were rentals but now I know. I'm assuming it wasn't a full powered Hemi. Do they make Challenger convertibles? If they don't, maybe that's why I only saw a handful of them. I had an Eldorado convertible for 12 years, but even in North Jersey I got tired of getting heat stroke in the summer. Fun in the spring and fall but other wise, for me anyway, the thrill is gone.
It was a V6. Boring. It drove terribly, had zero power, and it was so damn big, I couldn't tell where the wheels were! I felt like I was driving my dad's Ram 1500! They do not make Challenger 'verts, though there is a company that does (expensive, and questionable) conversions.

I was just in Hawaii, and I have never seen so many Mustangs in a week in my life before. They were left and right everywhere you look, and mostly convertibles and V8's.
I had an Ecoboost Mustang coupe when I was in Hawaii back in 2017, and it was a fun car! I prefer my Coyote, but spooling the turbo up on the hills on the North Shore was awesome!

I can't wait to move to Flo-Ride-Duh.......

Sounds like my kind of place.
Having just spent a year in Florida, you don't want to do it. I escaped because I hated it.

JR

Sponsored

jimmerheck

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Cal Special
I can drive for days before I see another mustang on the road, SW Washington.

320guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EB PP soon
Most Verts are rentals. If you look on the window, most of the time you see the no smoking sticker. Also, Alamo has a blue sticker on the window.

If you see a fastback, is probably owned. I live in central FL, when I go to any of the parks, you see them everywhere.

Maggneto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Turbo Premium PP/Navi/ZF(6R80) Shaker Pro
I just got back from a road trip from SC to Stuart FL to visit family. The Mustangs out numbered Camaro and Challenger by a large margin. I was amazed at how many more Mustangs were on the road. These were not rentals either as most were coupes.

When I got back I got my car serviced at Tindol Ford, the number 1 Roush dealership in the world and top 5 Mustang dealership in the US.

2 Bullitt Mustangs on the lot and always shitload of Roush Mustangs and Roush F150.

This is a must see dealership for any Mustang enthusiast. About 30 minutes from Charlotte, and 1.5 hours from Asheville and the blue ridge mountains.

20190311_113404.jpg
20190311_113223.jpg
20190311_113107.jpg

Last edited:

foxcoupefan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT4
I lived in Vegas for 10 years and my parents live in Boulder City which is right near Hoover Dam. Every other car is a 4/6cyl convertible Mustang with the top down like mentioned above. Vegas area gets chilly in the winter and even had snow this year; but it doesn't matter. Rent a vert, put the top down.

Shifting_Gears

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
God bless you for making it out of that drive unscathed. Driving in S FL is a life altering experience in one way or another lol.

Living in the area indefinitely agree there’s a huge amount of rental Stangs running around. The weather helps...
Sponsored