Sponsored

B&O Sound system vs Shaker

hossman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
I’ve tried so many different settings on the B&O in my 21 GT500 and the sound quality is atrocious. How that is an upgrade system is beyond me. At least the sound in my wife’s 20 Explorer ST is pretty darn good.
Sponsored

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
I’ve tried so many different settings on the B&O in my 21 GT500 and the sound quality is atrocious. How that is an upgrade system is beyond me. At least the sound in my wife’s 20 Explorer ST is pretty darn good.
Idk how the eq is set on a gt500
But try forescan and disable it to flat

night and day difference

and can be reversed

geep81

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium
I think my B&O sounds great - after I swapped the sub and disconnected the center channel speaker.

Rhyanski

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2021 FJG Mach 1 #M5810, 2018 Mazda CX-5 Ultimate
Sorry guys, WALL POST Warning ahead :)

"Better" or "good" is subjective category, especially when it applies to perception of art in any form. Loud does not mean better, bassy also does not mean good. Sound perception changes with speed, altitude and car insulation. Everything is about the perception and whether you can hear all nuances of a song within a car, and I do honestly believe is that you can't hear the music the way you can hear it at home or on your headphones, no matter how loud you play it in your car.

At home I have a decent audio set up - Denon H4500 with Bowen&Wilkins 702s anniversary editions at the back and Jamo Fronts, Center and Subwoofer. The size of the room is quite small (like 20sq.m.) and this set up fills the space quite well. Running it late at night when everybody is going to bed, outside noises are almost non-existent, aircon is running in quiet mode, basically there's no surrounding noise, the setting of volume at 10-15 (out of 98) brings so much details and panorama in the music. On the contrary, same music during the day, I need to run it 40-45(out of 98) and the subtle nuances are gone. It's just loud and tries to fight the background noise.

In my Mazda CX5 with BOSE premium audio package, in no set up the car audio can reproduce those subtle nuances I am talking about above, but it really runs loud. In the audio menu however in the Mazda, there are 2 options - running with BOSE Centerpoint ON or OFF. Now what Bose centerpoint tries to do, is to create a surround environment that "wraps" you up in the sound, however it seems focused around middles, so bass and in general "meatiness" of sound is lost when it's on. So I keep it turned off.

In the Mach 1, I changed it the other way around - from Stereo to "Surround". In the Mach 1, contrary to the Mazda, I have control over Low, Mid and High frequences, while Mazda has only Bass and Treble. Slight adjustment on these 3 sliders in the mach made the sound really pop and wrap me up in music, very similar to how I percieve it on my home stereo. Still the nuances are impossible to perceive, but the overall sound stage in the Mach 1 is much better than the Mazda.

Now, to be honest, I find myself in the Mach 1, keeping the audio volume at very low levels, because I really enjoy the growl of the engine and the exhaust, and it is different kind of music to my ears, that I really can't get enough. So, yeah, I still enjoy the music in the background, but I prefer to hear the beast growl... In the Mazda...there's no beast, there's a kitten, and I don't mind hearing it from time to time in the background, but music is priority.

Point is - don't overthink it, admit that whatever you do, you're not getting audiophile audio in your car - you're getting loud booming music in your car. If that's what you're up to, then give up on the stock audio - it will never be enough.

Jimmy Dean

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
71 mach 1, 82 Bronco, 86 Bronco (dd),
see if there's a Mustang with the B&O on a lot near you .....
LOL. Mustang on a lot....within a 200 mile radius of me there are 5 total cars, all base model EBs, and one base GT.

Sponsored

Jimmy Dean

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
i'm trying! parked all winter and trying to get it ready to come out for summer. a 10 week old and a shit ton of yard work is making that difficult however.
btw, congrats on the kid. not gonna lie, it had slipped my mind with moving and all.

Jimmy Dean

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
as has been said a few posts before, it makes sense to swap the sub.

I also swapped out the rear speakers.

Sub is now the JL Audio 10W0V3-4.

SGwIIR1.jpg

the rear speakers are the
Focal IC-Ford 165 ( are plug n' play)

so I'm pretty happy with the sound.
got a part number with that guard?

Jimmy Dean

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
When did you move?
I am living in Mobile sunday through Thursday and in Baton Rouge thursday night through sunday mid day. been doing that for a bit over a month., move again to downtown mobile in july, and next summer I'll move the wife and kid over if I cannot get a transfer back to baton rouge.

Sponsored

Hoose71

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
84, 13, 13, 21, 22 Mustangs, 72 Nova Rally
The Shaker in my 2005 and 2013 is far better than the new radio. Neither of those had the trunk sub either. It's pretty disappointing.

geep81

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium
How did you disconnect the center channel speaker?
You have to pull off the panel surrounding your vents/above the radio to get at that middle panel right behind it. Once you have those open the speaker is right there.

Use trim pry tools and go carefully and slowly. There are tons of guides and videos showing how to remove that panel. I managed to do mine without a single clip falling into the dash! 😂

Rhyanski

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2021 FJG Mach 1 #M5810, 2018 Mazda CX-5 Ultimate
I think my B&O sounds great - after I swapped the sub and disconnected the center channel speaker.
Out of curiosity, Why did you disconnect the center speaker? In the system menu, sound -> there are two options - Surround (with the center running) and Stereo (with the center off).
Was there any particular reason that you had to mechanically disconnect the center?
Sponsored