Aftermarket shaker hood

Adamone92

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
i know its a bit out, but any plans or info on a company making an aftermarket hood for the mach 1 (and other same body mustangs obviously) that will have more of a classic hood that many people wanted?

While i care more about the performance than i do the look, the shaker hood on it is iconic and looks awesome. Hoping an aftermarket company or two will work on making one at least for the mach 1.
Sponsored

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
I've not seen this on any "customer" cars, so can't be sure if they've actually sold any. Personally, for me, the Shaker looks a little out of place on the S550.

Shaker 1.jpg

Shaker 2.jpg

OP
OP
Adamone92

Adamone92

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
I've not seen this on any "customer" cars, so can't be sure if they've actually sold any. Personally, for me, the Shaker looks a little out of place on the S550.

Shaker 1.jpg

Shaker 2.jpg
Interesting, I've never seen this.

Ill admit, it may not look as good on the s550. I wonder if there is a way to "modernize" it so to speak. Maybe a wider one, or longer for example. Or perhaps what ford did is just that... by just having the stripe and no shaker. Either way the mach 1 looks good imo.

Still, seems like a nice option for people that might want the shaker hood. I think on the mach 1 it wouldnt look bad at all.

Jimmy Dean

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
71 mach 1, 82 Bronco, 86 Bronco (dd),
agreed. we need a NACA/NASA hood.

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
The stripe would’ve been a great way to modernize it if they would’ve paired it with a GT350-esque center heat extractor. But I don’t have a huge problem with the hood it has, either
Sponsored