Sponsored

AWD Stang?

HoustonMustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Race Red EcoBoost Premium with 20" wheels...
Yeah a lot of people don't have what it takes, I guess.

Don't be scared!!!
I'm not scared...just realistic...

But don't worry...I'll send out AAA to pull your Mustang out of the snow after you've high centered it in a snow drift...

In any decent sized snow storm...your Mustang would be useless because of the low ground clearance...

Sponsored

Last edited:

grantourer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Well with AWD and 450hp, it will get to 60 under 3.5s which might be corvette killer for less than half the cost.
I think you mistakenly assume that adding 4wd and upping the power to 450hp won't increase the cost.. It will. Base corvettes are like 51k. Premium stangs are 37ish? Not too far off already.

TurboMetal

Deadlift or Die.
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2017 F-150 5.0
Drove through two snowstorms so far this year and did perfectly fine. Snow tires and 120lbs of kitty litter in the back. With the 2nd one ppl were losing control out on the highway. I didn't lose traction once. But i have a lot of experience with crap winter driving. I wouldn't recommend for most ppl (can barely handle fwd).

Sponsored

dgc333

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
The car goes well in the snow with winter tires, better than a FWD car on all seasons.

Dave

AmerikanishesPferd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2007 Saab 95 1.9T Hisch
I love my 15 GT PP but having her just sit there is killing me. I'm pricing some all seasons as I type. All though all seasons would increase the days I could drive the her, I still would be limited by the rear wheel drive. I pulled into the grocery store today and seen an AWD Porsche rocking some blizzack's and thought damn I wish my stang was AWD. Who else would like to see a AWD stang and what's the chance of ever seeing one?
Common misconception that AWD will benefit in the snow but honestly it really helps in just launching the car and not really more than that. While I understand that this may be a seller for some people I think AWD is held as an answer to snow when it's really not. There are articles out there you can look up from reputable sources instead of anecdotal evidence on forums.

Dedicated seasonal tires will always trump all-season and it's been proven multiple times. This is something you have to consider as "true cost of ownership" and should be budgeted for accordingly. This is what's keeping me from picking up a new car right now. Well that and the depreciation of these things is too good to ignore so I'm keeping my eye out for a used hehe.

Brando

Get Some
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 Red LX 331 Stroker
Cool photo...but looks to be about 1" of snow...get back with me after 8" or more!

:cheers:
Looks can be deceiving, chief. Wasn't a blizzard, but it was more than 1".

Seriously though, just have some self confidence. It goes a long way. Don't be scared!

Obviously the limiting factor is ground clearance. 8" would bring the beater 4x4 out. If it's not plowing snow with the front lip, she'll do just fine.

And lol @ switching wheels being too much hassle. I'm not concerned with breaking a nail.