Sponsored

Avoid Galpin

Youngmustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt DIB
So what happened? Why did this person remove the oil cap and have empty oil bottles in your trunk??
Yeah I'll be more concerned about that. He said it was taken care of but why the hell was the oil cap off and empty oil bottles in your car.
Sponsored

Tamadrummer88

Finicky
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost Premium
For one, if you ever get an oil change done at the dealer, get the Works. $39.95 and its just $10 more for full synthetic. Covers tire rotations, vehicle inspections, fluid inspections, and battery testing. That should be all your car needs per service.

And also, i would be way more pissed at the fact that there was oil all over your engine and empty oil bottles in your trunk and that your dad just let some random person drive your car. Who does that?

Blk2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Did you call and ask? Have a receipt? I've never seen a dealership charge $137 for an oil change. Were they cleaning burnt oil from the engine bay due to your "dad's friends" mishap because they messed with the car?

Who brings the car in and doesnt ask how much before leaving it for work?

PS The Works is fine but it is 5 qts of oil; the GT takes 8 so it's more expensive for the extra oil. Still shouldn't be close to $137 though if blend oil; maybe half that. Full synthetic 8 quarts could be that much though.

foghat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT w/PP
I can't believe you are getting mad at the dealer for this. Did you think it was going to be free? If you want to know how much it is going to cost, ask - that is actually a pretty standard question....

I'm not sure what you were expecting to pay or what a a full synthetic oil change costs with ~8quarts of oil costs on average in your area, but that price is inline with what things cost around me. Mind you, in cdn dollars.

SVTFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Wimbledon white LE #275 A6
Wait, let me get this straight. You brought your car for a service and aren't happy that you had to pay for it?

You need to grow up, man up and realize that life isn't free. When you need something, it costs money. Do you bitch about paying (at all or too much) for a beer at a bar?

Get over it.

Don't like it? Do it yourself. Oh you cant? Then shut up and pay.

Sponsored

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
So two weeks ago I drive my car. 20 miles in and my engine bay started smoking. I pulled over popped the hood and saw that there was oil all over the engine. The oil cap wasn't put on. I went to my trunk and found random bottles of empty oil so I ask my dad who drove my car. He told me he let someone borrow it. Anyways so I called galpin and asked for an oil change just to be on the safe side. The person I talked to said no chance I can get it done today. I said that's fine I'll call another dealer. He then said actually let me schedule you at galpin Mazda. They'll be able to take care of you there. I said great let's do it. Then I told him I wouldn't be taking my car. I'd have someone dropping it off for me he said it wouldn't be an issue. So later that day after I got off of work I went to go pick up my car. When they told my I owed $137 I was shocked!! Why didn't they tell me this in the beginning ? Why didn't someone tell me it was be this price? I feel like galpin scammed me. And obviously I had to pay in order to get my car released. I'm shocked and disgusted with galpin which is why I advise everywhere in the San Fernando valley of California to avoid them. Sorry if this isn't the right place for this post. I just wanted to share my horrible experience with them! And is there anything I can say or do?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
QFT

Ecoboosted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Mustang GT, 19' Road Glide
Sounds like it's your fault for not finding out how much it costs up front and/or you didn't realize how many quarts it takes to do an oil change, price of full synthetic oil + filter + labor. Lesson learned.

Ultrakla$$ic

Whoflung Poo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Darren
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Ingot Silver Premium
I seized right after the part that someone borrowed your car!!!!!!!!

I'd be typing this from jail.

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
I would be far, FAR more concerned over the fact that some random guy borrowed your car, drove it around without the oil cap installed, then left random empty bottles of oil in your trunk.
Yeah, what the hell was up with all that? :doh:

IvanCRF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.On'ry

Sponsored

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
PS The Works is fine but it is 5 qts of oil; the GT takes 8 so it's more expensive for the extra oil. Still shouldn't be close to $137 though if blend oil; maybe half that. Full synthetic 8 quarts could be that much though.
I'm guessing they put 8 qts of full synthetic in it. The receipt should show a cost break down of materials + labor.

Blk2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
I'm guessing they put 8 qts of full synthetic in it. The receipt should show a cost break down of materials + labor.
That could surely add up to $137 then with labor. Even going to autozone full synthetic will cost you $30 or so for the 5 qt size and you need 3 more at around $10 each. The oil itself at cost is about $60, $70-75 with a filter.

OPs fault for not specifying snythetic or "regular" blend for cheaper. Still a fishy story overall.

Poppacapp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
For one, if you ever get an oil change done at the dealer, get the Works. $39.95 and its just $10 more for full synthetic. Covers tire rotations, vehicle inspections, fluid inspections, and battery testing. That should be all your car needs per service.

And also, i would be way more pissed at the fact that there was oil all over your engine and empty oil bottles in your trunk and that your dad just let some random person drive your car. Who does that?
I would wonder if they actually perform those "inspections"

Poppacapp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I seized right after the part that someone borrowed your car!!!!!!!!

I'd be typing this from jail.
The part about dad LETTING someone else borrow the car?? Umm... nahh... not if it was mine.... :shrug:

Jww92201

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Off topic a bit I've never personally worked with Galpin Ford but I have past experience with Longo can anyone who's purchased a car from Galpin chime In If my x-plan pricings are accurate? And Incentives of course.

27,159 OTD Ecoboost Automatic PP pack

33,121 OTD GT Automatic base black w/ Backup camera
Sponsored