Sponsored

Avoid Galpin

pabbs5oh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.0 S550
So two weeks ago I drive my car. 20 miles in and my engine bay started smoking. I pulled over popped the hood and saw that there was oil all over the engine. The oil cap wasn't put on. I went to my trunk and found random bottles of empty oil so I ask my dad who drove my car. He told me he let someone borrow it. Anyways so I called galpin and asked for an oil change just to be on the safe side. The person I talked to said no chance I can get it done today. I said that's fine I'll call another dealer. He then said actually let me schedule you at galpin Mazda. They'll be able to take care of you there. I said great let's do it. Then I told him I wouldn't be taking my car. I'd have someone dropping it off for me he said it wouldn't be an issue. So later that day after I got off of work I went to go pick up my car. When they told my I owed $137 I was shocked!! Why didn't they tell me this in the beginning ? Why didn't someone tell me it was be this price? I feel like galpin scammed me. And obviously I had to pay in order to get my car released. I'm shocked and disgusted with galpin which is why I advise everywhere in the San Fernando valley of California to avoid them. Sorry if this isn't the right place for this post. I just wanted to share my horrible experience with them! And is there anything I can say or do?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
I got a crazy idea. Do it yourself next time and save $100 bucks. The dealer is charging you 75-125 dollars an hour for labor.

OP
OP

pabbs5oh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.0 S550
I got a crazy idea. Do it yourself next time and save $100 bucks. The dealer is charging you 75-125 dollars an hour for labor.

I just bought my jack and jack stands so I can do it myself.

Ron Avery

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT coupe
I buy all of my cars from GALPIN ( I bought around 6 over the last 5 years), I just bought my 2015 GT that I ordered from them. I will say that in the 80's and 90's they were not the best place for service. However in the last 6 or so years they have been great. The few problems that I have had where straightened out. As far as the price of the oil change most dealers do charge more than a Jiffy Lube for an oil change. Usually when I book a service I do ask how much that service is going to cost before the car goes in just so I know. Sorry you had a bad experience.
Ron

GNS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
car
So two weeks ago I drive my car. 20 miles in and my engine bay started smoking. I pulled over popped the hood and saw that there was oil all over the engine. The oil cap wasn't put on. I went to my trunk and found random bottles of empty oil so I ask my dad who drove my car. He told me he let someone borrow it. Anyways so I called galpin and asked for an oil change just to be on the safe side. The person I talked to said no chance I can get it done today. I said that's fine I'll call another dealer. He then said actually let me schedule you at galpin Mazda. They'll be able to take care of you there. I said great let's do it. Then I told him I wouldn't be taking my car. I'd have someone dropping it off for me he said it wouldn't be an issue. So later that day after I got off of work I went to go pick up my car. When they told my I owed $137 I was shocked!! Why didn't they tell me this in the beginning ? Why didn't someone tell me it was be this price? I feel like galpin scammed me. And obviously I had to pay in order to get my car released. I'm shocked and disgusted with galpin which is why I advise everywhere in the San Fernando valley of California to avoid them. Sorry if this isn't the right place for this post. I just wanted to share my horrible experience with them! And is there anything I can say or do?

I would be far, FAR more concerned over the fact that some random guy borrowed your car, drove it around without the oil cap installed, then left random empty bottles of oil in your trunk.

Sponsored

OP
OP

pabbs5oh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.0 S550
I would be far, FAR more concerned over the fact that some random guy borrowed your car, drove it around without the oil cap installed, then left random empty bottles of oil in your trunk.

Oh that got taken care of. And that was quickly resolved.

Reactions: GNS
OP
OP

pabbs5oh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.0 S550
I buy all of my cars from GALPIN ( I bought around 6 over the last 5 years), I just bought my 2015 GT that I ordered from them. I will say that in the 80's and 90's they were not the best place for service. However in the last 6 or so years they have been great. The few problems that I have had where straightened out. As far as the price of the oil change most dealers do charge more than a Jiffy Lube for an oil change. Usually when I book a service I do ask how much that service is going to cost before the car goes in just so I know. Sorry you had a bad experience.
Ron

I use to get all my service done there. When I go to Ed Wolfson at galpin ford he takes care of me. But this other yahoo must have been new or just didn't care. When I go to galpin its 70-80 bucks for an oil change. And even when I make an appointment they usually say the pricing of the service will come out to this much. Idk I just really feel scammed

LIUTOFSIK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP
You always need to get pricing before buying something..

GNS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
car
Could you ask your usual dealer (not the Mazda dealer) why it cost $137 for an oil change, when it's $80 for the same service at a Ford dealership? Did they put a different oil in? Use a different filter?

OP
OP

pabbs5oh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.0 S550
Could you ask your usual dealer (not the Mazda dealer) why it cost $137 for an oil change, when it's $80 for the same service at a Ford dealership? Did they put a different oil in? Use a different filter?

Galpin ford and galpin Mazda are side by side. They had the filter needed for my car and I used the same oil full synthetic. I asked the Mazda dealer why so much he said cause Mazdas are different from most cars...them he stopped himself. Cause he realized that he wasn't charging me for an oil change on a Mazda.

Sponsored

krahooligan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
its not galpins fault for charging you for a service.

Arsenalslr95

V6 Tactical Operator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Cyclone
you should be shocked and disgusted your dad let someone drive your car!

rvlyssup

Vag...Gun...Stang-NUT
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rand
Vehicle(s)
Lotsa...
Galpin Motors customer here since 2001...

Bought 8 cars & 2 trucks from them...the service department always takes care of us. They aren't perfect by any means but so far, no major screw ups. Generally, they won't volunteer any information so ya gotta just ask. I too hate surprises so I always cover my bases when coming in for service. Last time I was in there, they screwed up a few things when putting my car together so yeah, it happens to the best of them.

Again, no ones is perfect.

If you have proof (receipts / job order) of prior oil changes at a much lower price than what the folks @ Galpin Mazda charged ya, suggest you bring it up with their customer / media relations. They too are pretty damn good at resolving customer issues.

EDIT: Also keep in mind that the 5.0 takes 8 quarts of oil. Doubt anything Mazda offers takes in that much.

Sinister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT PP
Oh that got taken care of. And that was quickly resolved.

So what happened? Why did this person remove the oil cap and have empty oil bottles in your trunk??
Sponsored