OP
OP
young at heart

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 GT vert A10 / 23 Mach 1 A10 / 23 Mach 1 Tremec
that's a bit surprising but it's your opinion... :) I've driven plenty of modern Tremec Mustangs and there is a clear difference. Not just in mechanical feel, but the ratio changes is what most people are interested in.
Now that you mention it, I may have spoken a little too fast about the Tremec. There is a huge difference in throttle response between the two cars, much more than I would attribute to the 20 hp difference or the 3.73 diff vs. the 3.55. I honestly had forgotten about the ratio changes. That could do it.

I will say too that for the first 100 miles or so the Tremec was very tight and hard to shift. After about a 100 miles it loosened right up and is a joy to shift. Could be the shifter or the tranny itself, IDK.
Sponsored

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT/A 301A 5.0
Mine was $418 a month/60. Had a $17,500 trade in value at purchase. Paid off in 44 months.

AZlb5.0

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carlos
Vehicle(s)
18 GT Premium
Just bought mine and Iā€™m paying 599.58 for 60 through my Credit union. Iā€™ll be throwing another 400 at principle a month to pay it off in 36. Now paying 1K a month because you have to is insane. Even if u can when youā€™re put in a situation where you HAVE to pay 1K a month is pretty damn crazy.

plus the only reason I financed is because we are remodeling the house. If the wife wasnā€™t knee deep into this remodel it would have been a cash purchase.

UncleSams_SVT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500
My 2021 GT500 was the most irresponsible purchase I ever made with the highest car payment/purchase I have ever had. It is my only car payment so I have the going for me I guess, oh and it is a blast to drive.

To me you need to enjoy life today because tomorrow is not guaranteed.....hence this car purchase. .

Last edited:

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
My last Mustang GT was the 2017 I currently own. In early 2020 I traded my C5 Z06 for it and IIRC they were asking $26K. I think the payments were $230 or so on a 5 year loan, but I paid it off early. I think it took me about 18 months. I had high payments on my GT350 - $750 a month. I was paying more than the minimum every month, but I still never felt comfortable with that high of a payment. I'd rather buy something used and let someone else take that huge initial hit of depreciation.

I know it's only money and you can't take it with you, but I think I'd rather own cars that are a little older and be able to retire sooner rather than having the latest and greatest all the time.

Sponsored

f00man

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang M1 HP
This. I posted earlier in the thread I have 0% with a payment of $850. No point in trying to pay it down sooner unless I just want to get rid of the payment...

Which brings me to this somewhat related post...sorry it's kind of long...

My local dealer got a blue M1HP in, which is what I wanted before I bought my PP2. So we talk about it and haggle (for 2 hours, ugh), I made it clear it's a WANT and NOT a NEED. 0 down, 5% interest, $972/month for 84 months. Financing like $68K or thereabouts. I said I'll think about it.

I talk it over with the wife and after dinner we decide to go look at it together. I said, I'll sign @$950 flat. He said no, but he could do $965. I looked at the wife and said, OK, yeah I'll do it. So the saleman went to the finance counter and then came back and said, We can't do $965, it's gonna be $969. I said OK, but it's gonna be $969.00...if you come back and it's $969.01, I'm gonna walk.

He came back with a big smile on his face, sat down and says, You ready? And he flipped the paper over, circled my payment and said Sign here!

The number was $969.11.

I said That's the payment? I stood up and put my arm out to shake his hand and told him, It's been good working with you. I think his jaw is still on the floor, lmao...He didn't say a word to me and he didn't shake my hand either. Just stared at me in complete disbelief. And I walked out.

The next morning I got in my car with Leather and Recaros (the M1 had cloth and standard not heated or cooled seats), and was thankful I didn't make a bad decision...my interior is much nicer. And when I got to work and got out and looked back at my car, it's equally badass as the M1, just different.

Oh and having to argue with the saleman that the M1 comes with front fender lips and him constantly telling me that is an aftermarket piece until I showed him on the FORD website kind of got under my skin too, which was a blessing in disguise bc it made me a little short and stick to my guns.
When business gets personal. šŸ¤£ I don't understand why dealers are so stubborn about the front wheel lips/moldings on the M1 HP. It's part of the handling package, and included in the price. Took days for me to get mine, after multiple attempts. This why why people wanna buy direct from the manufacturer instead.

fast306stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 M1HP6MT
When business gets personal. šŸ¤£ I don't understand why dealers are so stubborn about the front wheel lips/moldings on the M1 HP. It's part of the handling package, and included in the price. Took days for me to get mine, after multiple attempts. This why why people wanna buy direct from the manufacturer instead.
Absolutely 100%!

It aggravates me when I know more about the product than the person selling it who is supposed to be the expert. Especially so when they argue back and I have to prove them wrong lol...

Nikujaga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
2018 Ecoboost, auto, black accent pkg. It was paid off 1 year ago, 0%, and $19,000 down payment. I have never had a car payment over $280/month.

Rock&Roll

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Stick- 2022 VW GTI Stick -2011 HD Fatboy
Mine was $400 a month 60 months at 0 %

17K down on a 40k car that i bought for 37k

WV millwright

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jackie
Vehicle(s)
2018 F 150 2017 Escape
Financed $30k on 22 GT @ 2.75 interest through my credit union. Paid the remainder in cash. Financed for 6 years since interest rate was the same. $209 paid biweekly. I'll pay it off in 3 years but in today's economy, l'll take the lower payment just in case something crazy happens.

Deleted member 35644

The pandemic has rendered me unwilling to buy another brand new car. Prices, and now interest rates, are insane. It was bad enough that I paid $27K for my 2018 Eco this past April, 30K miles. In 2018, that was the going price for a brand new base Ecoboost. I won't be buying into the current system, especially with the quality & dealership issues.
$9k down, $270/mo.
Sponsored