Jeep SRT8 / GT350R / FocusRS
AG. It was my second choice behind DIB.
Sponsored

jonesd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt350
For the last year i hadn't seen avalanche grey in person. I thought the pictures looked awful and wondered to myself why anyone would possibly choose that color. My top choice was magnetic by far, I absolutely love that color.

Fast forward to about 3 weeks ago, i went to autonation ford in katy texas and they had both a magnetic and avalanche grey in their showroom. I did a double take as soon as i saw that avalanche grey. I couldn't believe how good it looked in person and really fit the car very well.

Needless to say... i now have an avalanche grey on order and can't wait for it to come in!

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
magnetic.. its metallic and looks way better. avalanche looks like the color of primed plastic. its flat paint.. doesnt suit a 60k car

I think calling it a flat paint sounds like it's not glossy. You might be referring to the lighter, non-metallic colors (like white, too) don't seem to reflect as much. If you see one in person, it's definitely glossy and the fact that it's a shade darker than white, it shows reflections a little better, IMO. It looks very different in different lighting which (to my surprise) actually showed the contours of the car very well...I thought it would NOT show contours well at all.

Here is a pretty good rep of the color:
https://flic.kr/p/GZC6iM
https://flic.kr/p/GzwGk1

cosmo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT
My only complaint about avalanche grey is without light, it can be dull. So on cloudy days it isn't as good. In sunlight or street lights though, it looks great.

rolaidz

Mustang Virgin
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Roland
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, Infiniti G37S Cpe, Yamaha R6
This thread has been helpful guys, thanks. I too was originally debating between magnetic and AG, and decided AG because my current car is a dark gray. Then after being set on AG for a while and seeing more and more pics, I started wavering because it does appear dull under certain conditions. I then switched to Lightning Blue. But of course it's hard to be certain on that pick because it'll be hard to see an LG GT350 in person anytime soon, and I'm not sure seeing it on other Fords will suffice. After realizing that it is on other Fords, and the AG is unique to the GT350, I'm back on the AG bandwagon. I'm getting closer on my hunt for an allocation too, so I think it's going to be AG with the black roof and no stripes - though the black stripes are tempting me a bit.

Maybe it's because we love the car so much, but it really is one of those cars where all the colors seem to look good on it.

Sponsored

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
I'm getting closer on my hunt for an allocation too, so I think it's going to be AG with the black roof and no stripes - though the black stripes are tempting me a bit.

Maybe it's because we love the car so much, but it really is one of those cars where all the colors seem to look good on it.
You won't be disappointed..remember, stripes are vinyl applications and depending on how well they are cared for, might be temporary in the long run. Good luck on finding an allocation!:cheers:

rolaidz

Mustang Virgin
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Roland
Vehicle(s)
You won't be disappointed..remember, stripes are vinyl applications and depending on how well they are cared for, might be temporary in the long run. Good luck on finding an allocation!:cheers:
That's helpful and great to know - thank you!

jonesd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt350
This thread has been helpful guys, thanks. I too was originally debating between magnetic and AG, and decided AG because my current car is a dark gray. Then after being set on AG for a while and seeing more and more pics, I started wavering because it does appear dull under certain conditions. I then switched to Lightning Blue. But of course it's hard to be certain on that pick because it'll be hard to see an LG GT350 in person anytime soon, and I'm not sure seeing it on other Fords will suffice. After realizing that it is on other Fords, and the AG is unique to the GT350, I'm back on the AG bandwagon. I'm getting closer on my hunt for an allocation too, so I think it's going to be AG with the black roof and no stripes - though the black stripes are tempting me a bit.

Avalanche grey has been unique to the gt350. However, just so you are aware, starting in 2017 the ford raptor will also get avalanche grey.

cq5dam.web.1024.768.jpg

OP
OP

Macstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Shelby GT500
Avalanche grey has been unique to the gt350. However, just so you are aware, starting in 2017 the ford raptor will also get avalanche grey.[/IMG]
Well, at least that's good company...

Sponsored

rolaidz

Mustang Virgin
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Roland
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for the heads up - and yes I agree, at least it's good company!

Avalanche grey has been unique to the gt350. However, just so you are aware, starting in 2017 the ford raptor will also get avalanche grey.

cq5dam.web.1024.768.jpg

montreal ponies

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
‘17 Ruby red GT350
I have a Magnetic with black stripes and black roof and love it, but if i was to order a '17, mine would be lightning blue .

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
^^^ Ooops, I see these were already posted.

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853

cq5dam.web.1024.768.jpg
A matching replacement for my DD '07 Tacoma w 312,000 miles on it...
Thanks for the heads up JonesD:cheers:
Sponsored